Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default DNC Wasserman Schulz Called out by CNN for lying About Romneys Abortion Position

Anderson Cooper 'keeps DNC honest' – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

Romney says he supports abortion in cases of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is at stake.

But Wasserman Schulz supports ads that deny this is true - despite Romneys direct and clear words.

She claims that Romney is repsonsible for the Republican platform which was written in 2000. Not ture- Romney is far more moderate candidate.

Watch the video: This same lie about his stance on abortion has become a huge multi-million dollar anti-Romney ad campaign, and it is all a lie.
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
She claims that Romney is responsible for the Republican platform which was written in 2000. Not true- Romney is far more moderate candidate.
Additionally, the Romney campaign requested changes to the platform recently, to make it in line with his views on abortion, and they were declined by the platform committee.

Wasserman-Shultz is not concerned with being truthful, and she essentially admitted that to Anderson Cooper. What mattered was she got the lie out to the liberal proletariate who believe everything they are told by their leadership. I actually applaud Cooper for his random act of journalism. He likely got some cold glares from the other CNN reporters in the cafeteria.

What bothers me are Republicans who think they can win an election based on abortion stance. It is never going to be anything other than a lightning rod that the left will win every time, unless the constituency is heavily evangelical christian or some other very conservative faith, which is rare.
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
Additionally, the Romney campaign requested changes to the platform recently, to make it in line with his views on abortion, and they were declined by the platform committee.

Wasserman-Shultz is not concerned with being truthful, and she essentially admitted that to Anderson Cooper. What mattered was she got the lie out to the liberal proletariate who believe everything they are told by their leadership. I actually applaud Cooper for his random act of journalism. He likely got some cold glares from the other CNN reporters in the cafeteria.

What bothers me are Republicans who think they can win an election based on abortion stance. It is never going to be anything other than a lightning rod that the left will win every time, unless the constituency is heavily evangelical christian or some other very conservative faith, which is rare.
That is true Dave. It would not be true if the Christians stood up in droves and said they wouldn't vote for anyone who said killing babies was okay.

As fas as this woman, she doesn't help the Dems in the long run. She has lied so much, that now people focus on seeing if she lied, instead of the message.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
As fas as this woman, she doesn't help the Dems in the long run. She has lied so much, that now people focus on seeing if she lied, instead of the message.
Yes. In fact I saw some poll the other day where W-S had the highest negatives of all the 'tools' used by the Obama campaign. People just don't like her, and that includes me. She is abrasive and devoid of substantive comments. Florida seems to have more than it's share of annoying congress people. Not sure why that is.
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Luanne ... good point, and funny. Kind of like Janeane Garafalo. I wonder who told her to shut her gob because she used to spout truly hurtful and untrue stuff all the time but she stopped.

Now if someone would only clue in Bill Mahar. No, he is hopeless, I know.

Anyone who can't even understand why some people would choose to have any faith just doesn't get the whole concept of faith. By definition, it means believing in something that can't be proved.

Which brings up whole 'nother topic about Mormonism. It's a religion. We have freedom of religion in thid country which means you have the right to have faith without being questioned.

But that isn't my point. My point is every time the left brings up Romney's religion - they forget tha Obama was a member of the Church of Jeremiah Wright - and he even said "I could no more denounce my reverend than I could my own father."

And even after McCain said Obama's church was "off limits" in his campaign, Obama STILL denounced Reverend Wright just to get elected.

That's what Democrats expect from candidate, I guess. If you go to church you are not qualified to be President.
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Is Jeanne not a trip? I can't stand to look at her.

Bill Mahr is laughing all the way to the bank. He isn't very good, so he has to make it big. Any man who calls any woman a c*** is one sick person.

The thing that puzzles me is why are people afraid of someone with faith? I always liked the idea that a man or woman who has faith is never alone in their thoughts, and when they need guidance, it's not very far away.

Mormonism isn't my faith, but I think all religions will end up in the same place. Some will probably see someone else and say, "Wow my religion said you couldn't come to heaven"

Forgetting politics for a minute. If I had the chance, I would love to sit down with President Obama, and find out what he really believes.

His history is Mom was an athest. Grand parents were as well. Father was listed as muslim, but claimed he was Christian so he could attend schools in Kenya funded by a Christian organization from the UK. (This was before Kenya gained freedom.) Obama Jr was listed as Muslim on his birth certificate. (yes, There is one) But, that is only because of his father and G-father on his dad's side.

He didn't attend church until Chicago, when he was sent to Wright's church because he knew the community, and could pave his way into the organization (community) which is what OBama wanted to do.

I have googled Rev. Wright's sermons and not just the tidbits that the news showed. He preaches in a way, and says things that I would have been completely confused, and disagreed with.

Their true relationship has yet to be written.

President Obama does not attend church now that he is President, unless it is something special, and White House staff have said that those who were in office and didn't want to go out to church arranged for someone to come to the WH to preach, with a small crowd. This was offered, and he turned it down. He has said that he enjoys playing golf on Sunday with his friends.

I am in no way judging him, as I would not want to be judged, but I would love for him to put the pieces together.

(All info above came from books I have read over the last couple of months. Those enclude President Obamas as well)
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Default Bill maher

Quote:
Luanne ... good point, and funny. Kind of like Janeane Garafalo. I wonder who told her to shut her gob because she used to spout truly hurtful and untrue stuff all the time but she stopped.

Now if someone would only clue in Bill Mahar. No, he is hopeless, I know.

Anyone who can't even understand why some people would choose to have any faith just doesn't get the whole concept of faith. By definition, it means believing in something that can't be proved.

Which brings up whole 'nother topic about Mormonism. It's a religion. We have freedom of religion in thid country which means you have the right to have faith without being questioned.

But that isn't my point. My point is every time the left brings up Romney's religion - they forget tha Obama was a member of the Church of Jeremiah Wright - and he even said "I could no more denounce my reverend than I could my own father."

And even after McCain said Obama's church was "off limits" in his campaign, Obama STILL denounced Reverend Wright just to get elected.

That's what Democrats expect from candidate, I guess. If you go to church you are not qualified to be President.

His show is on HBO .You stated on another thread that you no longer watch that network .

My only problem with Maher is similiar to my problem with Michael Moore .If I digress into discussing Moore will I be accused of highjacking the thread ?
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Admiral

I have not had HBO in years. I heard about it, and saw clips from his show on other shows.

If you want to talk about Moore it's okay unless you tell us what he wants for Christmas.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I have not had HBO in years. I heard about it, and saw clips from his show on other shows.

If you want to talk about Moore it's okay unless you tell us what he wants for Christmas.
I was responding to Paul's stating he did not watch HBO .

Moore comes on the Bill Maher show in jeans and sneakers and tells us that he is one of us , an "everyman." He has made millions of dollars from his books and documentaries .Unless we are all millionaires he is not one of us.
Old August 27th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Captain

The truth is....Republicans and Democrats care nothing about abortion! If this was true then when G. Bush had his repub congress and senate they would of passed legislation recognizing that a conceived baby in the womb is considered a person that has constitutional rights and this would of stopped abortion.

Caribbean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 2015
Carnival Sunshine Feb 2016
Old August 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Captain

Quote:
Not true Paul.

What many Democrats believe is that you shouldn't have to go to church or have a certain religious belief to be elected President. What has happened to the separation of church and state in this country. As a Liberal I will always fight against religion of any kind in our government. Why, it limits freedoms.

Criteria to become president:

Believe in the Christian God
Go to church
Be a male
Be white - well, OK, we liberals won that one didn't we?
Old August 27th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Is Romney's position on abortion today the same it was in the past?

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Is Romney's position on abortion today the same it was in the past?

TM

A couple of flip-flops ago.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Admiral

I could handle it if Romney becomes President. Since I have moved to Florida I have become fond of flip-flops.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015