Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Admiral

I mentioned this on another thread, but you guys might want to give PBS Newshour a try.

Although they will be broadcasting nothing but RNC this week, and DNC next week, their weekday program seems pretty even-handed.

Their broadcast is on weekdays, 4-5pm PDT.

Old August 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I just realized that I have gone off topic with my opinions. I am sorry Doug for doing that to you.

I do not listen to Rush. I have a few times, but his tone gives me a headache.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Default Vernon Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Paul,

The Vernon Jordan, or is this his son? He would be in his 60's now. I actually know him very well, and since he has not been in the news, I figured he had retired.

I use to watch MSNBC, but got sick of the Bush bashing. It did nothing but make people angry.

I am still saddend by the fact that there is no real news stations. I can listen to speeches and understand. I don't need someone to tell me what I think.

I was talking to a Fox news person this morning on FB. I told him that tonight I hoped he closed his mouth long enough for us to hear the speeches. I wasn't trying to be rude, and I told him so, but I feel like these conventions are very important, so that people pick the right man.
]
If you are referring to the Civil Rights activist Vernon Jordan he is 77 years old . When I was active in the Civil Rights movement I met him once . In his opinion the greatest president was Bill Clinton .
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
That is really harsh.

It is sad that so many things are being said about the Republicans, with the name calling, but issues are not being discussed.

I think the most important question is who is going to lead us in this country? Everyone needs a leader.

Could Rommney be the answer, or is President Obama going to finally walk down the street to make deals, in order for this country to get back on it's feet.
Luanne, I agree with you. From my viewpoint, I like some of the things Obama has done or tried to do. Could he have tried harder to compromise? Maybe, but please remember that the stated agenda of the Republicans for the last 4 years is to get Obama out of the Whitehouse.

My fear is that who will end up leading us is the Corporations. This is why I vote Dem. When the Conservative lead Supreme Court declared that a Corporation was a person - as in the Wizard of OZ, I saw the man behind the curtain.