Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

2. If you have to get your parents permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote, … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt, you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

5. If, in our largest city, you can buy "two" 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

6. If an 80-year-old woman and 3 yr old child can be stripped searched by the TSA, but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

8. If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is cute, but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable, … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

9. If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested homes…, you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

10. If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

11. If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TVs and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

12. If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more safe according to the government,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicToad View Post
Obviously? How so? Because I caught you in some logic? Because you have taken 3 vacations, and are planning another while demanding I pay more taxes? Fair doesn't apply to me, does it? It's so easy to reach into my pocket for money, but so difficult for you to cancel a vacation. As noted above, I answer your questions. You appear to be afraid to answer mine.

Still, put your mind at ease. A company called Sniper Hill offers access to anyone who wants to pay for it. In my current position, I am primarily a repairman, on call 24/7, and therefore able to spend the time I'm not fixing something more-or-less as I choose. And pointing out hypocrisy is how I like to spend it.
Obviously because you posted the Army's firewalls are what blocks you. Your hands are already in my pockets.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Obviously because you posted the Army's firewalls are what blocks you. Your hands are already in my pockets.
OK, it's obvious you don't understand, so let me see if I can simplify. Afghanistan is a war zone, understand? There's really nasty people here, except that they are trying to kill me with bullets, not just post lies, innuendo, and pick my pocket to support their lifestyle. Everyone, even the contractors who provide our internet, has to route their connections through the Army's firewalls. If they don't, they are kicked out of the base I live on and the contract is awarded to someone else. Clear enough?

Now as to your other misconception, I didn't start this war nor am I the one keeping it going, so if you want to complain to someone about having their hands in your pockets, their address is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC. Meanwhile kindly quit trying to stick your hands in mine, while I'm saving up to do what you've already done 3 times.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

There's an old sea story about a ship's Captain who inspected his sailors, and afterward told the first mate that his men smelled bad...

The Captain suggested perhaps it would help if the sailors would change underwear occasionally.

The first mate responded, "Aye, aye sir, I'll see to it immediately!"

The first mate went straight to the sailors berth deck and announced, "The Captain thinks you guys smell bad and wants you to change your underwear."

He continued, "Pittman, you change with Jones, McCarthy, you change with Witkowski, and Brown, you change with Schultz."

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: Someone may come along and promise "Change",but don't count on things smelling any better.
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Something in Common

A squad was moving north of Spin Boldak when they came upon an Afghan terrorist who was badly injured and unconscious. On the opposite side of the road was an American Paratrooper in a similar but less serious state. The Paratrooper was conscious and alert and as first aid was given to both men, the squad leader asked the injured Paratrooper what had happened.

The Paratrooper reported "I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway here, and coming south was a heavily armed insurgent. We saw each other and both of us took cover in the ditches along the road.

"I yelled to him that Bin Laden was a miserable, lowlife scumbag who got what he deserved. And he yelled back that Barack Obama is a lying, good-for-nothing, left-wing Commie who isn't even an American.

"So I said that Osama Bin Laden dressed and acted like a frigid, mean-spirited *****! He retaliated by yelling, 'Oh yeah? Well, so does Nancy Pelosi!"

And, there we were, in the middle of the road, shaking hands, when a truck hit us.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Admiral

I understand at the end of the day my tax dollars are being thrown away overseas. Dollars that would be better spent in this country.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
I understand at the end of the day my tax dollars are being thrown away overseas. Dollars that would be better spent in this country.
Well, at least we have one thing in common. I understand that a spendthrift government is throwing away my tax dollars, giving them to Egypt, and wasting them on grossly inefficient programs, while liberals want my taxes raised, so the government can waste more money. And it especially bothers me when liberals want ME to pay more so they can take cruises. So don't feel like the lone ranger.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Well, at least we have one thing in common. I understand that a spendthrift government is throwing away my tax dollars, giving them to Egypt, and wasting them on grossly inefficient programs, while liberals want my taxes raised, so the government can waste more money. And it especially bothers me when liberals want ME to pay more so they can take cruises. So don't feel like the lone ranger.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

You've GOT to be kidding me. Joe Biden as an example of fiscal responsibility? The same Joe Biden who recently spent $585,000 for a SINGLE NIGHT in a Paris hotel?

You might as well point to Barack Obama as an example of fiscal responsibility. The same Barack Obama who recently went to Europe with an entourage of over 500 people including his personal chef, hairdresser, make-up people, writers, a man to play basketball with, and 12 teleprompters. The reason for the visit to Europe? To convince the EU that Americans were going to be more thrifty.

During Barack Obama's term in office, more than half of the national debt was accrued. Yes, his term alone accrued more debt that ALL previous presidents combined. I'd say you have a lot of nerve blaming Senator Cruz for this, since he just got elected, but it's never a problem for liberals to blame their failings on someone else, is it?

You really need to come up with better examples. You ought to be embarassed to cite Biden or Obama as examples of fiscal responsibility.

Last edited by BionicToad; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

My liberal friends all seem to think that Barack Obama is going to narrow the wealth gap, but I wonder if any of them REALLY believe the Democrats are going to raise taxes on GE, George Soros, Bill Gates, or Warren Buffet? But if international corporations and billionaires aren't going to fund the spending binge, who is?

That's right, the middle class. Redistributing wealth doesn't mean the wealth of the people who support the political parties - it means your wealth and mine, which actually increases the wealth gap by reducing the size of the middle class.

Didn't he make the middle class tax cut permanent? Yes, so are you saying that making permanent something his PREDECESSOR did, the same predecessor he has spent 4 years blaming for all the current problems, accrues to Obama's favor?

Didn't he recently raise the personal income tax rate? Yes, but billionaires make their money from investments, and neither he nore the Reps are going to make billionaires pay above the minimal US tax rate, which is equal to the capital gains tax rate.

Meanwhile, let's do some research and consider the results:

Median household money income for the nation fell 2.3% to $49,400 in 2010 in real terms, the lowest reading back to $49,112 in 1996 and down from a peak of $53,252 in 1999 and down from a more recent peak of $52,823 in 2007. The 2010 official poverty rate for the nation was 15.1% in 2010 versus 14.3% in 2009: 46.2 million people in poverty, up 2.6 million since 2009. The drop in real income the year after a recession was the worst in percentage terms going back to at least the 1960s. (Census Data: Poverty Rates, Median Income Drops Get Worse & Worse - 24/7 Wall St.)

The Fed’s survey of consumer finances between 2007 and 2010, which is adjusted for inflation, showed median income fell 7.7% from $49,600 in 2007 to $45,800 in 2010 and that median net worth fell 38.8% from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010, approximately the level recorded in 1992.

The drop was concentrated in middle-class families. Those in the 60th to 79.9th percentile of income saw the biggest drop in wealth, of 40.4%. The second-steepest drop came from those in the 20th to 39.9th percentile of income, of 35%. The top 10% actually saw an increase of 1.8%. (Recession crushed middle-class wealth: Fed survey - MarketWatch)

The Census Bureau said today [28 Sep 2010] that the median income for American families dropped 2.9% in 2009, down to $50,221 from $51,726. It's the second year in a row that a drop has been reported, with income down 4% since 2007. (Census: Family income drops 2.9% - DailyFinance)

Between June, 2009, when the recession officially ended, and June, 2011, inflation-adjusted median household income fell 6.7 percent, to $49,909, according to a study by two former Census Bureau officials. During the recession -- from December, 2007, to June, 2009 -- household income fell 3.2 percent. The full 9.8 percent drop in income from the start of the recession to this June -- the most recent month in the study -- appears to be the largest in several decades, according to other Census Bureau data. (U.S. income slides 6.7% since 2009 - Toledo Blade)

The Survey of Consumer Finances, conducted every three years and covering a span from 2007 to 2010, documents steep declines in family income that correspond to what many Americans already know about their own declining net worth. It also shows how the U.S. South and West have felt more pain than the rest of the country because of the severity of the housing sector’s downturn there, and provides evidence that the self-employed and business owners have taken it on the chin in recent years. (Fed survey: Median income fell 7.7% in 3 years | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram)

Yep, the wealth gap is increasing, and will continue to increase as Obama shrinks the middle class.
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Another imaginary 'toon: President Obama at the podium.

"I won't allow the half of the Americans who pay no taxes to bear the burden of the other half who aren't paying their fair share."

Last edited by BionicToad; April 20th, 2013 at 03:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Admiral

For those who want to cut entitlements, I think military retirement should be the first to go.
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
For those who want to cut entitlements, I think military retirement should be the first to go.
Of COURSE you do. Like any good liberal, anything that isn't good for you shouldn't be paid for out of taxes.

Wait a minute... isn't that EXACTLY your complaint about conservatives? Isn't it funny how you can whine about what other people do and then do the same thing yourself?

But you see, my personal first thought isn't myself or my next cruise. YES, you agree to cut ALL government giveaways and I won't complain about losing the retirement that I put in 38 years earning. You see, I happen to agree with JFK, "Ask NOT what your country can do for you ..."

What are YOU willing to put in the kitty? Nothing but complaints. It's too bad you can't follow the maxim of one of your party's greatest presidents.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Of COURSE you do. Like any good liberal, anything that isn't good for you shouldn't be paid for out of taxes.

Wait a minute... isn't that EXACTLY your complaint about conservatives? Isn't it funny how you can whine about what other people do and then do the same thing yourself?

But you see, my personal first thought isn't myself or my next cruise. YES, you agree to cut ALL government giveaways and I won't complain about losing the retirement that I put in 38 years earning. You see, I happen to agree with JFK, "Ask NOT what your country can do for you ..."

What are YOU willing to put in the kitty? Nothing but complaints. It's too bad you can't follow the maxim of one of your party's greatest presidents.
Not even close. It is the conservatives who want to maintain their entitlements at all cost while denying the same to everyone else.

IT is the liberals who think all people are created equally and the right wing who think they are better than everyone else. One of the reasons the GOP can never agree with itself.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

well, you're half right, which is far better than usual. Congressional benefits, absolutely correct. Social security, incorrect as usual.

The freeloaders that I'm concerned about, other than the congressional variety, are the people who are able bodied and of working age, but will not work. I'm not saying they should starve, but I don't see why I have to work harder some someone who could work can sit around watchin Dialing for Dollars.

But here's the real question. Since we both agree that Congressional freeloaders are the problem, could you check you hostility long enough for laws to do something about it?

No, I didn't think so.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Ah, censorship in action.

I'll donate. Hell, I might even drive!

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sour grapes, Z. Liberals lost in South Carolina. Too bad you can't suppress freedom of speech and thought.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Sour grapes, Z. Liberals lost in South Carolina. Too bad you can't suppress freedom of speech and thought.
It isn't about that they lost, it is about what was elected. You can't fix stupid.
Old May 10th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
It isn't about that they lost, it is about what was elected. You can't fix stupid.
Once again, we've found something to agree on. You can't fix STUPID. The question is, how did YOU figure that out??????