Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Default Who cares about the middle East?

What about a US Postal Service that raises rates every year?

Or the estate exemption dropping from $5 million back to $1 million?
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Admiral

I agree. Who cares about the middle east!

The postal service is leaking oil badly and missing on all cylinders. All one has to do is to walk into any branch and notice how the clerks do not care about the customer. Got a line? No problem. They will place a clerk on break to make it longer. Smile? Not on your life. Seems Ebeneezer Scrooge teaches customer service there. Yesterday, I received one of those automatic sealed checks in the mail... only half of it... and my name was the missing part.

On the estate exemption, I believe the estate tax should be banished, kaput! The money and property in the estate has been taxed once already. Why should one have to pay a double taxation?

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The Middle east matters because it is the centerpiece of the entire future of Europe.

You have Russia and China selling weapons to the enemies of Israel, and we have a President who kowtows to the Russians and Chinese (VIA the UN) and won't do what needs to be done to keepo our most important ally in the Middle East safe.

If you think the world will be better off when more of our enemies have the bomb than more of our allies do (in the middle east) then I disagree.

It isn't just a matter of what they do over there, it is a matter of what they choose to do given the opportunity.

What if Al Qaeda got a dirty bomb? Have you forgotten they bombed the attacked the United States on 9-11-2001 and killed 3000 US citizens?

And now we have a President who doesn't understand the difference between appeasement and peace through strength. He calls Iran a "little state" that doesn't present a threat.

That was Biden's whole debate answer -- "Iran, pphhhh.... we don't have to worry about them"

Um, both China and Russia have "the bomb" and they are doing all they can to reduce our nuclear profile while selling weapons to Iran.

Obama's strategy is "peace through forcing Israel to give up power" - This is why the middle east loves Obama - because they see they can push him around. He is a sucker. They are currently testing him to see how far they can push him, and it is pretty far.

Also - there is the fate of Turkey - which is a NATO ally - which is that close to war with Syria.

By the way - I hope some of you realize how the Islamic world feels about Turkey. If you think they are allied just because they are a Muslim state you are wrong. Turkey is our ally and they are in the middle of the whole escalating Syrian War.
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Admiral

We have no friends in the Middle East except for Israel.

The US has no way to get tough with China. We are borrowing money from them to buy Chinese made parts for our military aircraft. That is a fact, I worked 35 years in the assembly of jet engines. It made me sick to see (made in China) in so many of the labels of our aircraft parts.

The clothes and footwear that we use are made in China. Now since China has nuclear weapons and they are financing our government, how are you going to get tough with them?

As for Russia, they supply a big part of Europe's energy and some of it's capital.

Now if you think that our amateur politician (Romney) is going to push China. It ain't gonna happen, they can shut dowm our financial system.

As for Russia, they have Vladimir Putin, who would destroy the world before he would blink before our little arrogant inexperinced Mitt.

We need to use diplomacy wether you like it or not.

Talk is just talk, but the fact is that we are on the right track. We don't need a war monger without any foreign experience to try and use gun-boat diplomacy.
Keep Romney out of the White House and avoid another couple of wars. Mitt and Ryan need to know that the rest of the world is not ready for us to occupy any more countries.

We need to keep Obama as President and he needs to start to bringing all of our troops home from around the Globe.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We have several friends in the middle east. Israel, Turkey, Jordan. All three have been there for us when we needed them. Before obama we had Egypt, Yemen, and Libya was coming around. We also had Kwait, and Iraq.

I wish I understood how a man who has never sent troops into battle is a war monger. How is that possible.

There is a difference between someone who puts their foot down, and says stop it, and one who says on one side of his face, I'm sorry, and uses drones on the other.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
We have several friends in the middle east. Israel, Turkey, Jordan. All three have been there for us when we needed them. Before obama we had Egypt, Yemen, and Libya was coming around. We also had Kwait, and Iraq.

I wish I understood how a man who has never sent troops into battle is a war monger. How is that possible.

There is a difference between someone who puts their foot down, and says stop it, and one who says on one side of his face, I'm sorry, and uses drones on the other.
Luanne, all of those countries were considered friends of the USA until Obama interfered and helped to overthrow the sitting leadership. Were their leaders perfect? Absolutely not! Killing their own citizens, crushing free thinking, but... at least, they did keep the "peace" as far as the US was concerned.

I also scratch my own head and wonder, how can a man who has never sent anyone into an armed conflict, be considered a war monger? Why did the current president announce his intentions to send in drones to Libya? I know people want information but some things must be kept a secret!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.