Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default What do Doctors Really Think of ObamaCare

It astounds me how much the media has buried this story - they would have you believe US Doctors support the plan - They DON'T!

What Do Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare Now? - Forbes

What Do Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare Now?

We all remember the ... Rose Garden ceremony of smiling doctors in their white coats standing alongside a glowing President Obama... “What’s most telling is that some of the people who are most supportive of reform are the very medical professionals who know the health care system best.” Barack Obama, October 5, 2009.

And we also recall when the AMA endorsed ObamaCare at its inception, an endorsement that led many Americans to believe America’s doctors supported the dramatic changes to the U.S. health care system.

The problem is that, unbeknownst to the public and the press, the AMA represents only about one fourth of the nation’s doctors.

Meanwhile, contrary to those doctors selected to legitimize ObamaCare in the staged media event (where the White House actually handed out white lab coats to generate the image of official credibility), an overwhelming 70 percent of doctors said, even back in 2011, that they disagreed with the AMA’s position on health reform, while only 13 percent agreed with it. In fact, almost half of doctors in that survey even went so far as to say that the AMA stance on ObamaCare was the factor causing them to drop AMA membership.

What has happened to the opinion of doctors, now that ObamaCare has been examined in detail?

This past February, 60 percent of more than 5,000 doctors surveyed said the Obama health law would have a negative impact on patient care, while only 22 percent thought it would be positive. And more than half thought it would have a negative impact on their relationships with patients, while only 11 percent thought the doctor-patient relationship would be better.

A startling 43 percent said the health care reform itself would likely lead them to retire over the next 5 years, and only 37 percent said that was an unlikely consequence of this law. It is worth repeating that sentiment to understand the impact of ObamaCare – it is viewed as being so destructive that almost half of doctors said they would “likely” soon retire directly because of the law itself.

Last month, in answer to the question “Which of the following best describes your feelings about the ACA?” 55 percent of more than 3,000 doctors chose “repeal and replace” whereas 40 percent said “implement and improve” it.

Read...more .... What Do Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare Now? - Forbes
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Admiral

I know my doctor doesn't like Obamacare, and of course neither do I. My monthly health insurance premium increased by $100 solely because of the initial Obamacare requirements foisted on the insurers, such as all plans having to cover the children of subscribers until they are 26. So Obamacare cost me $1200 more per year to begin with, and now next year my premium will go up another $76 per month for other requirements of the law.
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Admiral

ALL of my doctors are voting for Obama .I have FREE lifetime health insurance .My plan is the very best available and the most costly to those who have to pay for it.
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Puleese. No politics on cruise mates. Leave that to cruise critic. I do not want to hear any
Discussion of political matters when I'm on a get away from it all cruise.
Cruises are for your soul. Politics is not.
I am voting before I leave on my cruise.
Carnival Dream-Oct 2010-Eastern Caribbean
RCL Oasis-May 2010-Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy-April 2010-Mexico
HAL Ryndam-Sept 2009-Alaska
Carnival Holiday-May 2009-Cozumel
Carnival Celebration-April 2008-Key West, Nassau
Carnival Liberty-May 2007-Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle-Apr 2006 (1st for DH)- Mexico, Belize
Carnival Holiday-Feb 2005-Mexico
Carnival Fascination-Dec 2000-Nassau
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Admiral

So we get rid of Obama and replace it with Romney does not care.

Problem fixed.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Admiral

I don't know about the quacks in the poll, but my doctors are in favor of Obama and Obamacare and some of them are rich, even.

Unlike the republicans, my doctors actually care about the health of people.

Insurance premiums have been going up faster than inflation for years - it is a crock to blame that on Obamacare. If fact, now insurance companies have to spend at least 80% of the premiums they take in on benefits paid out or refund the difference.

I received accounting from insurances companies and a rebate from one.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Don't presume to tell me what my medical plan administrator in fact told me. They specifically said our premium increase starting in 2011 was to cover legal requirements of the 'Affordable Care Act', which included having to cover children until 26.

Last edited by Dave Beers; October 13th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
Don't presume to tell me what my medical plan administrator in fact told me. They specifically said our premium increase starting in 2011 was to cover legal requirements of the 'Affordable Care Act', which included having to cover children until 26.
Since I am very unfamiliar with US Healthcare system, Dave could you say approximately how much your annual insurance increased before all of this?
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Admiral

I don't presume to tell you anything. I was commenting on reality. We have switched insurance companies every year for at least a decade. They suck you in with lower group rates and then jack them up when time for renewal.

Healthcare has been out of control for a long time. Finally, with President Obama, we had someone not only say he was going to do something about it, but get the job done. The republicans had plenty of time and opportunity. Nada.

But speaking of your plan administrator, does he promise your rates will go down if Myth is accidentally elected?

Is anyone stupid enough to think rates will go down?
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Dave, you can cover your children until they are 26 but you don't have to.
My oldest is a legally blind man who has been working since he was 18. He has managed to buy his own home and he has had health care since he started to work.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Since I am very unfamiliar with US Healthcare system, Dave could you say approximately how much your annual insurance increased before all of this?
My coverage cost was static from the time I retired until Obamacare came to be. It actually dropped by $100 per month in 2010 but that was erased by the increased fees needed to cover the Affordable Care Act come 2011.

Note that my insurance is a retiree benefit and the employer self-insures, and only uses a health plan provider to administer the program. TVA pays all the claims.
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
My coverage cost was static from the time I retired until Obamacare came to be. It actually dropped by $100 per month in 2010 but that was erased by the increased fees needed to cover the Affordable Care Act come 2011.

Note that my insurance is a retiree benefit and the employer self-insures, and only uses a health plan provider to administer the program. TVA pays all the claims.
While I know it is none of my business, may I ask what year you retired? Why did it drop by $100/month? Who was President in 2010? 2011?

TIA
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:

Dave, my own insurance coverage is the same as yours... a retiree benefit and employer self-insured and use of a health plan provider as an administrator. I retired in 2007 and the annual cost to me stayed level until 2012, when it increased by 301%!! Sux for us all!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Admiral

I retired in January 2008. The $100 decrease had nothing to do with who was President. It was because of reduced claims and other cost savings they were able to negotiate with providers.
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
First Mate

Although I've already mentioned this before, it's worth repeating: I'm one of the thousands who have ALREADY lost their Medicare Advantage coverage because of Obamacare, and therefore my insurance costs this year are over six times what they were last year, and are projected to increase again next year.
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I know I was allowed to deduct far less of my medical expenses (including healthcare premiums) from my last years taxes, so THIS middle class taxpayer paid a LOT MORE in taxes for 2011 than I did in 2010.

My health care premiums went up from 980/month (2010) to $1300 in 2011 and would have been $1800+ in 2012!!!!

But I switched to a higher decuctible, so it is now $900+ but I have to pay out $5000 before they pay for anything.