Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Captain

Default Conservatives, you need to listen to one of your own

Conservatives, don't despair - CNN.com

Great article. We need more of this in politics.
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I read it, and smiled when within the first couple of lines, it said that he had wrote a new book called "Why Romney lost" or something like that. What happened to months spent on a book?

These opinions are all over the internet this morning. I love it when a man or woman can say what consers think. I also love that he quoted Fox again. That seems to be a trend, that everyone follows. Maybe Fox doesn't have viewers except those who go there to pick up ideas for a book they need to make money on in a weeks time.

One thing about what he said is all the articles say the same thing. It is mostly white men who try very hard to push the whites and blacks further apart.

What he should have said was the system has major problems. It should have said now is the time to stand together, to improve our way of life. For whites, blacks, and all others to meet, and figure out what is next for our country.

What he should have said was a president has been elected, and like him or not, love him or not, he is the president for all. He is not a god, but a man. He doesn't know it all, but has hopefully good advises.

What he should have said was this country faces very difficult days ahead, and we must all come together.

On "Meet the Press" this Sunday, some suggested that Romney be asked to come to the WH and help with inproving business in this country. Now that probably would never happen, because it might look bad, but it's a shame, because with the president being able to communicate, and with Romney and his business experience, it might work to improve things in this country.

We have truely been devided in this country. I am pretty sure it was intended, and not just something that happened. But the election is over, and now we have to pick up the pieces.

United We Stand, Devided We Fall.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Admiral

No, Luanne, what he "should have said" is what he did say, because that is what he believes. I think it's a good, well-reasoned piece from a guy I'd like to have a beer with.

You're welcome to say whatever you like, but please don't tell others what they should have said.
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Sorry AR I forgot to ask your permission to speak
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Sorry AR I forgot to ask your permission to speak
Luanne, that post shows how much your anger and bitterness are just overflowing. My response to you said specifically that "you're free to say anything you like" but that it is presumptuous to tell others what they should say. That is a far cry from demanding that you ask my permission to speak.

Look, I really like you, and I've always liked you, but I really get the impression that you're spinning like a top these days and that you've lost a lot of perspective. That's probably none of my business, but I do care about you and I truly hope that you're OK.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Captain

What a joke, this guy has no clue!

If Republicans start compromising now on conservative values then they will lose the conservative vote and never hold the presidency again. Actually I look for this to happen and a major 3rd party to emerge.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post

If Republicans start compromising now on conservative values then they will lose the conservative vote and never hold the presidency again.
That works for me.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:

If Republicans start compromising now on conservative values then they will lose the conservative vote and never hold the presidency again. Actually I look for this to happen and a major 3rd party to emerge.
Attaboy Truck! Dig in those heels, fold your arms, stick out your chin, and hold your breath until you turn blue! Compromise is for sissies, right?

(Note to center-left friends: I think we've got these guys right where we want them).
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post
Attaboy Truck! Dig in those heels, fold your arms, stick out your chin, and hold your breath until you turn blue! Compromise is for sissies, right?

(Note to center-left friends: I think we've got these guys right where we want them).
Yes, to compromise ones values is for sissies. Real men know what they believe and stick to their guns!

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, to compromise ones values is for sissies. Real men know what they believe and stick to their guns!
Intelligent people compromise! Morons fight battles that they can not win.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Since you are still breathing, we know which one you are.
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Until Republicans learn to compromise and stop being bigots, they will lose more and more, and increasingly irrelevant.

A moderate 3rd party might emerge and do well. A neo-nazi party, not so well.
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I think there's a country song that goes. . .

And if your heart is true
And your faith is strong,
It doesn't even matter
If you're right or wrong.

I'm tellin' ya Truck, you're my kinda guy. And I have no doubt that you'll stick to your guns and that they'll stick to you. Thank God for Velcro.

Just one quick question: if real men know what they believe and stick to it, why in the world would they vote for Romney, who proved again and again that he was willing to change his mind at a moment's notice whenever he perceived the possibility of influencing a particular voting bloc? The man is a walking wind sock, pointing in whatever direction the breeze blows.

I guess he's not a real man in your book, huh?
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Just one quick question: if real men know what they believe and stick to it, why in the world would they vote for Romney, who proved again and again that he was willing to change his mind at a moment's notice whenever he perceived the possibility of influencing a particular voting bloc? The man is a walking wind sock, pointing in whatever direction the breeze blows.

Great post!

Let us not forget the real women also voted in this election.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Admiral

I have absolute faith that if the election results were flipped, the others on this thread would be complaining about the lack of compromise themselves. A classic example of the winners reap the rewards and the losers go home. No one is big enough to admit it though. Surprise me... anyone... please...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Captain

I keep reading what the Conservatives post on here and I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

Since I tend to agree with many Liberal views I could be happy, for if they continue to believe what they believe and act they way they act they will likely never win another election. I know you guys don't believe this - and that is the problem.

However, I am a Independent and I agree with some of the ideas the Republicans have. So I could be sad because if they continue to believe what they believe and act they way they act they will likely never win another election. I know you guys don't believe this - and that is the problem.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Captain

Quote:
I think there's a country song that goes. . .

And if your heart is true
And your faith is strong,
It doesn't even matter
If you're right or wrong.

I'm tellin' ya Truck, you're my kinda guy. And I have no doubt that you'll stick to your guns and that they'll stick to you. Thank God for Velcro.

....why else do u think Romney lost? Many conservatives couldn't stomach either candidate and voted for Gary Johnson or some other 3rd party.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
....why else do u think Romney lost? Many conservatives couldn't stomach either candidate and voted for Gary Johnson or some other 3rd party.

Too conservative. Too flip floppy. No vision for all Americans; only a select subset.