Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

Old December 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Important - Please Read

In case you have not read them for awhile, we started this area with a post that says "Welcome to open debate." When you read that post you read the rules of this area...

This is not an "anything goes" area. We still have the same rules of moderation we have in all other forums and those rules also apply here. We expect courtesy and respect even when there is a difference of opinion.

Name calling and other insulting characterizations, personal or otherwise, will not be tolerated.

I am seeing people being called idiots and morons for their beliefs. I also see far too many veiled references where it is clear what is being said even though the actual abusive rhetoric has been left out.

The idea of this area was to engage in intellectual debate - not just to flame people you do not like.

We will be giving out infraction points for inflammatory speech if tone of the posts here is not cleaned up immediately.

To be honest with you, I am shocked at the behavior of some of the people here - what happened to respect for your fellow Americans even if you disagree with them?

We expect the same level; of respect for difference of opinion as you would read in an average column by a political analyst. Name-calling does not make a point, it only makes you look intolerant.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Admiral

I don't think public officials, past, present, or future, should get a free pass when they abuse their position and take advantage of the public.

For example, Huckabee knew exactly what he was saying and in typical political double speak has sometime after the fact offered a water downed version and claims that is what he meant. I say BS. If there wasn't general outrage at what he said, he would never have offered the modification.

Done:

Carnival Horizon Transatlantic

Carnival Splendor Panama Canal

Royal Princess

Vision of the Seas

Carnival Miracle Alaska

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Admiral

^^ What he said^^

it's one thing to name call a member for posting their opinion but when someone in the media does something hateful or is just so stupid and uncalled for and hurtful to many, then they need to be called on it.

if you don't agree, shut down the forum. It wasn't meant to be rainbows and unicorns.

Don't remember you having issues with AC calling BO a Retard? Or is this strictly aimed at MH? We're fine to call the members of the Westboro Baptist church sick bastards for picketing the memorial? Where exactly are the lines?

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets

Last edited by Trackypup; December 17th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Admiral

I don't want to get in trouble with my posting, so I am staying away from ( open debate ).

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
I don't think public officials, past, present, or future, should get a free pass when they abuse their position and take advantage of the public.

For example, Huckabee knew exactly what he was saying and in typical political double speak has sometime after the fact offered a water downed version and claims that is what he meant. I say BS. If there wasn't general outrage at what he said, he would never have offered the modification.
watered down, water boarded, whatever.

Done:

Carnival Horizon Transatlantic

Carnival Splendor Panama Canal

Royal Princess

Vision of the Seas

Carnival Miracle Alaska

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Admiral

What Manny says...

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Sorry Mr. Motter, but you are more guilty than most of violating your own policies with regards to your posts about the current Presidents re-election. You want to think this thing out again? You are confusing our little brains with double-talk.

Booked: Veendam - Montreal to Boston July 28, 2018
and Norwegian Bliss March 02, 2019

Washee Washee! Happy Happy!
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Paul, I understand your message, but I also join others in saying I won't be posting here anymore. I learned as a child, that name calling was wrong, and I'm to old to start now.

I was also turned off by the fact that an opinion was made fun of, unless it was the one that some wanted to hear.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link