Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Default John McCain Strikes Again

Many of us remember when John McCain "made a joke" by putting new words to the old Beach Boys tune and singing, "Bomb, bomb, bomb. . .bomb, bomb Iran."

Hysterical.

True to form, he hasn't learned. Here's what the Senator just tweeted. . .

So Ahmadinejad wants to be first Iranian in space - wasn't he just there last week? "Iran launches monkey into space" Iran launches monkey into space, showing missile progress - Yahoo! News

Stop and think about it: we send this man on junkets to represent us abroad. And some people seriously wanted to elect him president of this country, with Sarah Palin a heartbeat away.

When will we wise up and instead of trying to find legislators who are more liberal or more conservative, how 'bout we try to find some who won't continue to embarrass our nation at every turn?

Doesn't seem too much to ask.
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Captain

I think it's a good joke, but a politician needs to be smarter about what they post online. Leave that for the private dinner party...where the waiters don't tape you.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Captain

I think George II has forever set the bar awfully low for Presidential standards. We are going to pay the price for a very long time.

Every moronic dropout with a rich daddy thinks they can now be elected prez-uh-dent.

I doubt any Presidential contenders can name three cities in Iran (or as some local scholars call it, Eye-ran).
It is not hard at all to make our entire country look stupid, and there is nothing scarier to the rest of the world than an idiot with a nuclear weapon.

Why you should never follow a penguin underwater
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Putain said McCain spent two years in a hole it had to affect his mind

Putain said McCain spent two years in a hole during Vietnam War it had to affect his mind. I feel that McCain is really a sick man who needs to change his party affiliation so that he shows his true colors. Imagine if he had been elected president of the USA. How many wars would be at war in Korea, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Vietnam?
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Admiral

I've always respected him for two reasons
1) his military service to our Country
2) he flat out rejected the Republican strategists (Rove etc.) who wanted to launch a racial devisive negative campaign against Obama...he wanted to win, but not at that cost

I once read an interview where Bush Snr said one of his major regrets was that he wanted to win so bad, he allowed Lee Atwater to conduct such a campaign...when Atwater knew he had brain cancer, he wrote a book that came clean about "the code"

Interesting, McCain in South Carolina was a victim of racial smear campaigning on the part of the Bush younger staff (led by Atwater disciple Rove)
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
I've always respected him for two reasons
1) his military service to our Country
2) he flat out rejected the Republican strategists (Rove etc.) who wanted to launch a racial devisive negative campaign against Obama...he wanted to win, but not at that cost

I once read an interview where Bush Snr said one of his major regrets was that he wanted to win so bad, he allowed Lee Atwater to conduct such a campaign...when Atwater knew he had brain cancer, he wrote a book that came clean about "the code"

Interesting, McCain in South Carolina was a victim of racial smear campaigning on the part of the Bush younger staff (led by Atwater disciple Rove)
It's good to respect a person for military duty and principle standing,
but when you lose to unprincipled individuals than the gloves come off and you have to fight dirty. Principles don't win fights.
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Admiral

"principals don't win fights".....in the political arena that is so true and more to your point, illustrates the hypocrisy of our Nation's moral compass..Americans would like to think our government functions like The West Wing, but in reality works more like Godfather Part 1

When I was in high school in the early 60's, my civics teacher stressed how noble it was to be an elected public servant serving in Washington and how government at it's best was made up of compromise for the greater good (if all parties are upset, but work together to pass a law, then it's a good law)

She also stressed how important the power of the vote is in our process...and to vote on all levels, not just the presidential level...in light of the most recent election, I wonder ehat she would teach to my grandson