Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Familiar Face

Default Sad to say the waste cycle goes on in government

When you watch a newscast showing IRS people at a meeting doing televised skits, or you hear about secret service people visiting with prostitutes while on the government dole, and you see a president running up a 100 million travel bill, the ordinary citizen starts to wonder about a new empowered, class of buracrates. They have guaranteed jobs, benefits and pensions and the way some of them are doing it, they feel they can do just about anythng.
Old July 7th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
It is that entitlement attidute that is destroying America.

In case you hadn't noticed, the previous Commander In Chief destroyed the economy with unpaid wars.

The next guy is struggling to keep America afloat.

And all you can say is "gimme, gimme, gimme, it was better on the credit card!". Indeed it was, for the favored.

Your time has come to sacrifice for America, Luanne. Instead of whining about his government-teat running low on milk, maybe your husbsand should get a job in the private sector, like most of America!

And if that's not enough, maybe you should try for a better paying job.

Just like what everybody reading this is has experiencied!

You talk to me about gimmie, as the president finishes up with his 100 million dollar vacation!! Now that is rich.

My husband has a job that he and I are proud of. All we have ever known is sacrifice, and wouldn't change a thing.

If you will re-read what I wrote you will see I was asking for the troops around the country, not me. We did have fireworks, and they were as beautiful as always. Only difference with soldiers fireworks, is most of the crowd watching, have tears running down their faces. They are so proud of the fact that the hard work has kept Americans free.

You speak of this teat, are you kidding me? You speak as if we are laying around all day and collecting a check. On call 24/7 seven days a week, is not sucking anything.

"Freedom isn't free. Without freedom, nothing else matters."
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
You talk to me about gimmie, as the president finishes up with his 100 million dollar vacation!! Now that is rich.
The Iraq War cost the United States about $1,700,000,000,000.

Unlike all previous wars, it was unfunded ... that money was just added to the debt, contributing to the collapse of the American economy in 2008.

Can you explain why you supported that? (Given your sudden fiscal concerns about the President's vacation.)
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:

Unlike all previous wars, it was unfunded ... that money was just added to the debt, contributing to the collapse of the American economy in 2008.

Can you explain why you supported that? (Given your sudden fiscal concerns about the President's vacation.)
One thing about wars is that that they keep on costing us money for many years after they end.
Many disabled veterans ( myself included ) keep on collecting funds from the VA for many years.

As for the President's travelling costs, it never seemed to be an issue in the past.
Now with our current President it seems like he is under a different scrutiny.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas 2/21/16
- Celebrity Equinox .. 4/4/16
- Freedom of the Seas.. 12/30/16
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Aiden,

I supported the war, because my husband was in it, and I wanted to do my part. That doesn't mean that either of us was glad it was happening, just that it became a part of our lives, and we did what we needed to do.

Today is my husband's first furlough day. Not many private sector employees would work for nothing, but he does, because a job needs to be done.

Manuel, I am not surprised that the president decided to take a vacation, nor do I blame him. Washington must be a terrible place for him to be, and since his comments about him not hearing about things that have happened,until he heard them in the news, sounds like he is not really needed in Washington.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Familiar Face

Default Wow. Unbelievable cost of war in Iraq? Wonder what Afghan war is costing?

Quote:

I believe that the number quoted above is only the tip of the iceberg, the veterans care and benefits are going to be added to these costs. What is really scary it seems that when it comes to making war, there is no budget,
the sky is the limit as far as expenditures go which should be for the sailor and soldier in the field. But when the American soldier with all their technology and firepower can't win against native troops equipped with AK-47s there has to be some serious questions raised about what is the cost of victory.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Familiar Face

Default America's cat paw Israel is increasing chances of US vs Russia confrontation

US officials early Saturday, July 13 named Israel as responsible for the July 5 air strikes against the big arms depot at a Syrian naval base in the Alawite port city of Latakia. Dispelling conflicting reports, three US officials asserted that Israel had conducted the air strikes for demolishing the advanced Russian-made Yakhont anti-ship missiles stored there.
debkafile’s military sources report that three strategic arsenals were targeted: One consisted of weapons mostly delivered by Russian air freights in the last two months for the Syrian-Hizballah offensive to recapture Aleppo. A second contained the supersonic Yakhont anti-ship missiles (NATO codenamed SS-N-26) plus their radar systems; and the third, the Syrian army’s strategic reserve of missiles and ammunition, stored there for an emergency, such a possible forced Syrian army retreat to the Alawite region - or even Lebanon.

It is important to note that, although Moscow was perfectly aware that the advanced Russian weapons supplied to Syria were put in the hands of the Lebanese Hizballah, the consignments were not only not suspended but expanded. Moscow is therefore directly arming HIzballah with advanced weapons.
During the attack, neither Syrian radar nor that of the Russian warships cruising off the Syria coast registered any aircraft or missiles heading for the Latakia depot.

They were therefore unable to positively identify the source of the explosions.

Israel and the IDF held their silence – hoping that matters would stay that way, unlike their air strike of May 5 which destroyed Iranian arms shipments for Hizballah stored in the Damascus area, when American sources made haste to finger Israel. This time, too, after a few days’ pause, Washington again broke the story.
This step coincided with US President Barack Obama’s early Saturday phone call to Saudi King Abdullah to discuss the Syrian crisis. They may have discussed a potential Russian or Syrian reprisal for the Israeli air strike.

In their rough, acerbic encounter at the Black Sea resort of Sochi on May 14, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu warned President Vladimir Putin that if Russia sends advanced weaponry to Syria, such as S-300 anti-aircraft missiles or sophisticated radar for upgrading the Yakhont missiles, Israel would destroy them. Putin retorted that if Israel did this, Moscow would hit back.

After Israel’s air strikes over Damascus of May 5, Syrian President Bashar Assad said repeatedly, as did Hizballah and Iranian officials, that another Israeli attack on Syria would elicit an immediate Syrian reprisal.

The theme running through the Syrian and Hizballah warnings was a threat to open a new warfront against Israel from the Golan.

And so, two days after the IDF detected Hizballah movements on the Golan opposite the Israeli border, the army spokesman Monday, July 8, announced the deployment of extra Israeli forces in the divided enclave.
Tuesday, July 9, a car bomb blew up at Hizballah’s office building in the Bir al-Abd quarter of South Beirut. A next-door Shiite mosque and a technical school were also hit. At least 53 people were injured.

Hizballah did not admit that the targeted office building housed the intelligence and communications centers for its combat operations in Syria. When no organization took responsibility for the attack, Beirut and Tehran pointed the finger at Israeli intelligence as the culprit.

This reminds you of how World War 1 started. One small state dragged in another bigger nation and then one after another nations were dragged into the conflict.