Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Familiar Face

Default Whistleblower - Edward Snowden should have gone to Ecuador.

Whistleblower Edward Snowden, went to Hong Kong because he said it was one the few places in the world that could and would resist the dictates of the U.S. government. He was not too smart, even though he is a computer geek, because Hong Kong has extradition agreement with U.S. We shall see what happens to him.
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I think there is a lot of this story we have not heard.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Familiar Face

What is interesting is that the extradiction process if there is one could take months. The Chinese will probably try to stretch this one out as long as possible so that they can embarass the US and discredit the Obama Administration by making revelations about what Snowden either knew or what he says he knew and also what they create.
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I think there is a lot of this story we have not heard.
That's OK, because we will be hearing plenty more. It's going to get deep just like in a poorly maintained cow barn.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Familiar Face

The problem gets bigger and bigger. Now Snowden is supposedly saying the US and GB were spying on Russia at G8. You know whether this is true or not that the US was spying which is common practice it gives credibility to a lack of trust in the US and its credibility. This is brought out in the Syrian poison gas usage evidence. The US is saying trust us, we have proof just as they did when Colin Powell made his presentation to the UN that helped propel the US into the Iraq war. Basically the evidence was a tissue of lies. The same kind of situation is developing concerning the Seran gas usage. The Russians are saying that the proof of its usage has to be untainted by the anyone.
if the US can't satisfy the Russians that the evidence is untainted what is the next step.

The CIA is already training rebels os they can fight in Syria. The Anti-missiie units are being put in countries surrounding Syria. Just in case they have to carry out the McCain war plan of cratering airfields and possibly killing Syrian citizens. Of course the funny element here is that Britian is not going to supply the conservative rebels with weapons. I wonder why?

The other question is where is Italy in this go-to-war gang?
Did they get what they wanted in Libya and say let the US carry the ball and pay the tab for another mid east war that is supposedly being fought for humanitarian purposes when it is really a religious war between Sunnis and Shites.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazam View Post
The problem gets bigger and bigger. Now Snowden is supposedly saying the US and GB were spying on Russia at G8. You know whether this is true or not that the US was spying which is common practice it gives credibility to a lack of trust in the US and its credibility. This is brought out in the Syrian poison gas usage evidence. The US is saying trust us, we have proof just as they did when Colin Powell made his presentation to the UN that helped propel the US into the Iraq war. Basically the evidence was a tissue of lies. The same kind of situation is developing concerning the Seran gas usage. The Russians are saying that the proof of its usage has to be untainted by the anyone.
if the US can't satisfy the Russians that the evidence is untainted what is the next step.

The CIA is already training rebels os they can fight in Syria. The Anti-missiie units are being put in countries surrounding Syria. Just in case they have to carry out the McCain war plan of cratering airfields and possibly killing Syrian citizens. Of course the funny element here is that Britian is not going to supply the conservative rebels with weapons. I wonder why?

The other question is where is Italy in this go-to-war gang?
Did they get what they wanted in Libya and say let the US carry the ball and pay the tab for another mid east war that is supposedly being fought for humanitarian purposes when it is really a religious war between Sunnis and Shites.
Americans spying is not new, and not restricted to this administration. The CIA is a spy group.

Your second paragraph is not true. They are already set up, and have been for years.

Not sure what you mean about Italy.

Killing citizens is already going on without our help. The last count is 90,000.

I think you are over stating McCain's intent. He is, so far, suggesting a no fly zone to keep the Syrian Gov. from killing it's people from the air, and administering the gas by air.

Our air Force has all but been grounded, due to budget concerns, so without training, they would probably not be as effective in the coming months.

I really don't think any of this will take place. President Obama seems to operate by what makes him look good, and this might be bad for him.

Russia has every reason in the world for us to not get involved. They sale millions of dollars of stuff to Syria, and won't hurt the hand that feeds them.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Obama is trying to make himself look good by being the great humanitarian who is giving military aid to the moderate rebels. But who are these moderate rebels: Shites or Shias. Obama probably wishes they were Christians or Kurds so that his statement that the military aid is not going to either the Shias or Shites in this religious, sectarian war.

The next question is how is the US going to contain this war to Syria by supplying military aid. Kerry is in Israel tryinhg to keep them in line. Iran is getting ready to send in troops to Syria. The terrorists on both sides are commiting more atrocities. The war is overflowing into Libya - see today's headlines.

The Air Force is not out of money. The missiles and drones that McCain wants to use for cratering airfield are available now. Cry me a tear for the Syrians who will be killed if a US missile misses its target. McCain, the old warhorse, will say that it is collateral damage. McCain is out to make headlines for himself. He wants to think of himself as a Lone Ranger dashing off to Syria on a one-man ??? mission.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Obama is trying to make himself look good by being the great humanitarian who is giving military aid to the moderate rebels. But who are these moderate rebels: Shites or Shias. Obama probably wishes they were Christians or Kurds so that his statement that the military aid is not going to either the Shias or Shites in this religious, sectarian war.

The next question is how is the US going to contain this war to Syria by supplying military aid. Kerry is in Israel tryinhg to keep them in line. Iran is getting ready to send in troops to Syria. The terrorists on both sides are commiting more atrocities. The war is overflowing into Libya - see today's headlines.

The Air Force is not out of money. The missiles and drones that McCain wants to use for cratering airfield are available now. Cry me a tear for the Syrians who will be killed if a US missile misses its target. McCain, the old warhorse, will say that it is collateral damage. McCain is out to make headlines for himself. He wants to think of himself as a Lone Ranger dashing off to Syria on a one-man ??? mission.
Are you typing this on an Air Force Base? I am so glad that you say that they money is there. I wish you would tell that to those who can't fly and practice, in order to do a good job when they are called to service. I wish you could tell those mechanics who have been laid off here, because without jets in the air, they are no longer needed.

Geesh Why do you know so much and the commanders don't? What is this world coming to?

I can't comment on McCain because I have no idea what he has planned. He knows as well as anyone what the situation is.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 19th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Familiar Face

Gee I don't know much about this situation but I saw on the news that US Air Force is going to leave two jets in Jordan and missile unit after the current war games are finished with Jordan. Sounds like their is plenty of equipment available and I guess they will be supplying pilots so they will get actual combat experience. No need for training in US when they are getting it in Mideast. I read that the President of Afghanistan was expecting a drone squadron for his air force although with the ruckus he started today I doubt that he will get it. Sounds like there will not be a shortage of military hardware for Mideast.
Old June 19th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Sequester is only suppose to be for the next 3 months, and yes the ME gets first priority in these things.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 20th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post

Our air Force has all but been grounded, due to budget concerns, so without training, they would probably not be as effective in the coming months.

I don't know how things are in the great state of Texas, but up here in the Pacific Northwest, things are a little different.

The 123d Fighter/Interceptor Squadron of the 142d Fighter/Interceptor Wing of the Oregon Air National Guard flies at least twice daily training missions out over the Pacific Ocean.

The 123d is responsible for air defense from northern California, to British Columbia, and flies training and combat missions all over the globe.

In August, 2010, the 123d responded to a violation of Air Force One's airspace over Seattle. The sonic booms heard over Seattle were those of two of the 123d's F-15's.

So fear not -- the 123d's still on the job.

Old June 20th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
Whistleblower Edward Snowden, went to Hong Kong because he said it was one the few places in the world that could and would resist the dictates of the U.S. government. He was not too smart, even though he is a computer geek, because Hong Kong has extradition agreement with U.S. We shall see what happens to him.

For all his perceived brilliance, Mr. Snowden really is an idiot.

If he truly wanted protection from extradition, he would have given his interview from Equador. Or as Julian Assange (WikiLeaks) did, he would have holed up in the Equadorian Embassy in London.

Old June 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Familiar Face

Yes. You are right.
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean View Post
I don't know how things are in the great state of Texas, but up here in the Pacific Northwest, things are a little different.

The 123d Fighter/Interceptor Squadron of the 142d Fighter/Interceptor Wing of the Oregon Air National Guard flies at least twice daily training missions out over the Pacific Ocean.

The 123d is responsible for air defense from northern California, to British Columbia, and flies training and combat missions all over the globe.

In August, 2010, the 123d responded to a violation of Air Force One's airspace over Seattle. The sonic booms heard over Seattle were those of two of the 123d's F-15's.

So fear not -- the 123d's still on the job.
I didn't say that all air craft are grounded. As you know, when something like a no fly zone takes place, it takes many air force personal. We are fewer in numbers, still have a war going on, and have air protection in many parts of the world.

As far as this man who has leaked. I go back and forth on what he did, and if it was worth it. Ben laden had not used a cell phone in years, because he knew we were listening for him. But, did we know they were also watching out for us as well? If the IRS thing had not happened, I would be more assured at the spying going on in this country. Now I wonder if any info collected, can be used against normal American people.

I don't think anyone can pretend that our Gov. has not gotten bigger and bigger. I am also not assured that we will be told the truth.

I think we will have to wait and see how this turns out.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Welcome to Russia! Perhaps spilling his guts to them, now.

As for training, of course it goes on. When in a certain part of the country, I see these almost daily.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Welcome to Russia! Perhaps spilling his guts to them, now.

As for training, of course it goes on. When in a certain part of the country, I see these almost daily.

B-52 Long range bomber is looks like. Beautiful aircraft.

I have said it before, and I will repeat for those who didn't get it the first time. Training all over the country has not stopped. But, there are those who ARE NOT getting the training they need.

Many of you have sat in the stands during a race, or ball game and seen the fly over of air craft. Thought maybe it was just for show? No, this is counted as training. Each pilot must have a certain amount of hours of training, each month. Here we see planes do touch and go's for hours, just to log their time.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Carnival helps provide lots of training hours for the USCG and Navy, too!
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Admiral

Well, It looks like he is on the move. I sure hope he knows what he is doing, and will not end up hurting all of us.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Captain

Default Should US kidnap Snowden???

Quote:
The US is outraged that Russia is sheltering Snowden. The next question is should the US kidnap Snowden if Russia doesnot cooperate. Snowden it is said can reveal secret technology and even information that can make it the possiblity of people dying because of the data he has released.
Old July 6th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Familiar Face

Default Where in the world is Snowden going to end up?

Quote:
Well the question now is how does Snowden get transported to Ecquador or Nicaragua. He can fly directly from Russia to Cuba and then take a boat or airplane to one of the countries offering shelter.
He may go to one of those countries' embassies and stay their.
He may get on a private jet and fly directly to one of those countries offering assylum. Another option is that there would be a cruise ship or a tramp steamer to take him to one of those countries.
We shall see how this one plays out.
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Admiral

As far as I am concerned Snowden will get what's coming to him before too long.
Once he spills all the beans he will be a piece of worthless crap to those countries where he wants to hide.

TM.
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Familiar Face

The key factor in Snowden making a run for countries offering asylem if he decides to do so rather than staying at an embassy is will a boat or ship that he is being transported on be intercepted by US law enforcement agents. If something tragic happens there will be a lot of speculation about the event.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazam View Post
The key factor in Snowden making a run for countries offering asylem if he decides to do so rather than staying at an embassy is will a boat or ship that he is being transported on be intercepted by US law enforcement agents. If something tragic happens there will be a lot of speculation about the event.
He will most likely fly to some country that gives him asylum. It won't be worth stopping an airliner outside of US territory to catch a two bit leaker.
We don't want to start such a breach of protocol. Because if we do then other countries would have an excuse to stop our aircraft.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old July 14th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Familiar Face

Default US pride on line. Protocol be dammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
He will most likely fly to some country that gives him asylum. It won't be worth stopping an airliner outside of US territory to catch a two bit leaker.
We don't want to start such a breach of protocol. Because if we do then other countries would have an excuse to stop our aircraft.

TM
I don't know if it will come to Snowden making a run for another country in an aircraft, but this Administration will capture him at any cost. Their ego is on the line. How could they have left Snowden get out of Hong Kong. In Russia who knows what will happen to Snowden after they have tapped him fo all information he might have.
Old July 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Default Snowden is going to need more protection than Zimmerman

You know in horror movies the hero or heroine goes outside from the safety of the home and immediately is done in by the monster villian while the audience keeps on saying, "Don't go out there." Snowden is putting himself in the same position, but this time he's just saying to the US and Russia, "You better protect me, because if I happen to get injured in an accident or even die. Obama and Putin will both be responsible." Wikileaks will have a ball with this scenario.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Snowden gets to stay in Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfinksnitch View Post
You know in horror movies the hero or heroine goes outside from the safety of the home and immediately is done in by the monster villian while the audience keeps on saying, "Don't go out there." Snowden is putting himself in the same position, but this time he's just saying to the US and Russia, "You better protect me, because if I happen to get injured in an accident or even die. Obama and Putin will both be responsible." Wikileaks will have a ball with this scenario.
Now that Snowden is secure in Russia we will see what happens to him. Will he go to work for Wikileaks exposing Russian secrets? Will he go to Siberia to work in the nonexistent gulogs? Will he find love and marry a Russian girl? Did Lee Harvey Oswald marry a Russian girl, I can't remember, but he did asasinate a great president.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Snowden could be KGB target

Snowden might follow in the path of another US defector to Russia who ended up dead although his cause of death is undetermined. Snowden might do a fast run to other countries offering shelter once he realizes he is vulnerable.