Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Rudy Giuliani: Obama vs. Putin not fair fight

'Obama doesn’t know how to play this game,' Giuliani says. This was an article I saw that really analyzed what is happening.
in the world of politics.

I think we will see Obama staying in the United States avoiding international confrontations with the Russians and the Chinese and maybe Iran and North Korea. I can't see how he is going to be able to avoid a major conflict in the Middle East either with US troops or surrogates.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani says when it comes to a showdown between Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Barack Obama, it’s not a fair fight.
“That’s not a fair match, between Putin and Obama,” Giuliani said Wednesday on “Fox & Friends,” looking at a New York Post cover featuring a shirtless Putin and Obama wiping his eyes under the title, “Czar Wars.”

“Who would you give greater odds would catch a fugitive, a former KGB agent or a former community organizer?” Giuliani continued. “Give me a break, a KGB officer, you know, is working him over.”

Giuliani said Obama was too inexperienced to deal with Putin, and the Edward Snowden affair shows his weakness.
“Obama doesn’t know how to play this game. This is why, I wasn’t kidding, this is an experienced manipulator of intelligence, of world power, against a man who has extremely not very well-developed views and no experience doing this,” Giuliani said. “This is the price we pay for voting for an inexperience president. … This is incompetence because we elected a president who was never prepared to be president, and he hasn’t figured the job out yet.”
Giuliani also said Obama is no Ronald Reagan when it comes to foreign negotiating, who Giuliani said got the job done Day 1 with “his eyes.”
“Ronald Reagan came in, they looked in Ronald Reagan’s eyes, Iranian hostages released in one minute. Because they saw in his eyes, ‘You don’t release them, baby, and there are real red lines,’” Giuliani said.

Source: politico.com/story/2013/06/rudy-giuliani-obama-vs-putin-not-fair-fight-93409.html#ixzz2Sw5001um
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I listened to President Obama's speech today while on his vacation in Africa. He seems not to care much about getting Snowden back. He says it should be left up to law enforcement.

I still say that history is being written. I guess we have to wait to see how it turns out.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:

Ronald Reagan came in, they looked in Ronald Reagan’s eyes, Iranian hostages
released in one minute
I guess Giuliani doesn't quite remember "Iran Contra".

I guess it was the look in Regan's eyes when he agreed to sell weapons to Iran (against the law btw)
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Iran Contra was done behind Reagans back. There is sworn testimony confirming it. Once he found out about it, he took full responsibility, because he was president, and it happened on his watch.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Iran Contra was done behind Reagans back. There is sworn testimony confirming it. Once he found out about it, he took full responsibility, because he was president, and it happened on his watch.
Ya, and 14 members of his administration were convicted. And surprise... all were pardoned by George HW Bush (Regan's Vice President) . mm

BUT.. none of that really has anything to do with Giuliani's statement that it was Regan's stare that set the hostages free, which is a crock.

I think Regan did some very good things as President. But the tale gets even larger when things are left out, and changed.
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Actually '41' pardoned six, not fourteen, according to this DOJ list. Others had their convictions overturned on appeals.
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Admiral

I checked that list... it says George H W Bush between 1989 and 1993. So that would be Bush Sr. it appears.

(The only pardon, or rather non pardon I recall for Bush Jr., was his non pardon of Scooter Libby... which really angered Cheney).

This is what I saw on Iran Contra
The Iran-Contra Affair . Reagan . WGBH American Experience | PBS