Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default War monger McCain: Give weapons to moderate Syrian rebels who are being beaten by al-

War monger McCain: Give weapons to moderate Syrian rebels who are being beaten by al-Qaeda and Syrian army so they can kill more Syrians.

Many Free Syria Army soldiers fear that without heavy weapons they cannot win the war
A senior rebel commander with the Free Syrian Army has been shot and killed by jihadis. As Paul Wood reports, the killing is part of an escalating struggle within the armed uprising between moderates and Islamists linked to al-Qaeda.
The Free Syrian Army commander, stocky, bearded, dressed in camouflage, oozed menace and seethed with righteous anger.
We were speaking about the biggest jihadi group in Syria, the Nusra Front, who had kidnapped his brother.
"I know the names of all their emirs [leaders]. They will have nowhere to hide. This will be all-out war," he said.
He explained that he was now free to take his revenge because he had just paid $50,000 (33,000) to get his brother out.
He had hated to do this because Nusra would just spend the money on weapons to use against the FSA.
He told me they had sent a suicide bomber to infiltrate his command post, killing 12 of his men.
They were able to do that, he complained bitterly, only because he had sent most of his troops to fight in Qusayr, which later fell to the regime.
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

There might be another side to this, which has not been exposed completely as of yet.

There is talk that Benghazi was a staging point for arms to the rebels with the CIA in charge. Supposedly, this is why so many lies where told about what happened on the night of the attack.

I am not prepared to say who is the war monger until we get all the facts. The outcome might surprise many.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Familiar Face

Default McCain wnats to bomb Syrian airfields even in face of Syrian rebel disfunction

Hey more proof of his war mongering attitude to bomb Syrian airbases even despite the disfunctional Syrian rebels. You have these rebels killing each other. Plus the Free Rebel army commander is not a real commander of anything other than a few bands of rebels. What is wrong with McCain, is he willing to send more American military members into a Vietnam type of conflic, as I believe he is. How many of these wounded warriors coming back missing limbs and organs and mental stability, doesn't he have empathy or is his attitude to sit safely in Washington and send American boys and girls into harms way.
Old July 19th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default Brits say McCain's no fly zone is insuffient....

Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona, who has demanded action such as imposing a no-fly zone over Syria got a negative reaction from Brits.

"If you wanted to have the material impact on the Syrian regime's calculations that some people seek, a no-fly zone per se is insufficient." General Sir David Richards, who steps down today as Chief of the Defence Staff, said that if the West wanted to see an end to President Bashar al Assad's regime it would have to step in as in it did to end the Gaddafi regime in Libya.
He also warned that if the regime suddenly collapsed then Britain "would have to act" to prevent chemical weapons falling into the hands of terror groups.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Admiral

I heard this morning a part of a news piece about the White House wanting to arm the rebels. Not sure if this is true, as it came from the news, but let's see if this goes anywhere.

Before anyone jumps on me, please know that I do not want us involved!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default I wouldn't jump, because this is a sticky wicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I heard this morning a part of a news piece about the White House wanting to arm the rebels. Not sure if this is true, as it came from the news, but let's see if this goes anywhere.

Before anyone jumps on me, please know that I do not want us involved!!!
The Obama administration doesn't care what happens in Syria because all they have prepare the way for Hillary. She can say she enherited the war from Obama when she is elected, but that is getting ahead of the story.

By all logic Obama should let the terrorists kill each other in Syria until they start to cross the borders of Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon creating more havoc. At this point, Kerry will go to the UN and ask for support of a US led armed invasion by a UN peace keeping force. In the meantime, Obama will play the humanitarian and see that the US supplies Syrian refugees in Jordan with food, water and shelter. War monger McCain will curry favor with these refuges by continuing to demand bombing Syrian airfields.

In the meantime, Obama will make a secret deal with Putin next month to settle the Syrain war. Assad will remain in power. The Kurds will get their part of Syria and even Iraq. The terrorists will continue battle each other in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.

And all of the sudden the Iranians will be attacked by the Israelis with the explanation that the Iranians had crossed the deadline. Afghanistan and Iraq will flare up again and the US will be caught up in this morass.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Admiral

I hope they will all stay out of it, and protect Israel, and Jordan, and Turkey.

WE can't afford another war, both in money and manpower.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post

WE can't afford another war, both in money and manpower.
I agree with that statement 100%

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Captain

It would be nice to just see the U.S. mind it's own business for once. When did we become the wolds police?

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old July 27th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post
It would be nice to just see the U.S. mind it's own business for once. When did we become the wolds police?
Yes it would be great for the US to stop funding wars. They should have stopped a long time ago.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!