Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Refresh my feeble memory...was not that the year that the draft lottery was implemented? .they probably thought you had gone to Canada to duck the draft and was coming home to see your family

The night of the draft lottery drawing, for those who drew a low number were looking at bus schedules to Canada...for those that drew a high number, lots of beer and partying
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
Refresh my feeble memory...was not that the year that the draft lottery was implemented? .they probably thought you had gone to Canada to duck the draft and was coming home to see your family

The night of the draft lottery drawing, for those who drew a low number were looking at bus schedules to Canada...for those that drew a high number, lots of beer and partying
No ,that was not the case with me . My wife and I went to Toronto on vacation .They took every guy off the bus who had long hair to check for drugs and they called us words that I cannot use on CM.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Did you cross the border at Plattsburgh NY?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Admiral

It was so long ago that I cannot recall where I crossed the border .
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
He started back to his truck, and the stranger jumped out at him, and hit him in the nose, knocking him down. He never laid a hand on him. When Z thought his life was in danger, after yelling help, he shot him.
You are making this up. Nobody knows the details of what happened (sans Zimmerman).

Quote:
This is all evidence in the trial from witnesses.
You're mistaken. There weren't any witnesses. That is why it's a controversy. Under Florida law, you don't need witnesses, as long as you claim you were acting in self-defense.

Quote:
if you are going to comment on the case, PLEASE use the facts.
Indeed. The facts are: The kid was walking to his father's house and talking to his girlfriend on the phone. Zimmerman saw him. Zimmerman got out of his car. Zimmerman followed him. Zimmerman accosted him. Zimmerman killed him.

Those are all facts. It's the details we don't know.
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I watched the trial. Those were facts presented. I suggest you try and find the transcripts on line before commenting.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Verdict is in...next step is up to the parents decision to pursue a course of action thru civil proceedings (like the oj trial)...defense team will go on lecture tour, make tons of $$$$ and seek out next high profile case...Sanford FL reputation for racial tension (which has a long and infamous legacy, see the movie #42 about Jackie Robinson) will continue...FOX & MSNBC will continue to exploit the incident to serve their selfish objectives...George Zimmerman will be involved in another high profile incident (like oj, he can't help himself) that will have a much different outcome then the trial

The legacy of the most recent trial of the century will be apparent in the local/state elections in the next 2 years
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I would guess the parents won't. In a civil trial all the stuff kept out in the trial will come out.

Lawyers making the rounds isn't anything new. It's what they do.

I don't watch MSNBC because it gives me a headache, but Fox has eased off on the subject, because they soon learned it wasn't about helping race relations, but people who were trying to make it worse.

Mr. Zimmerman killed a kid that night, and that is something he has to live with the rest of his life.

I did hear Ms. Day time television talk about it, and usually things don't surprise me, but what she said was pure shock. I guess when you have a movie coming out, you can distort any story, but she forgot those of us who know the true story of that sweet little boy years ago, who whistled at a white woman, and what a horrible time he was put through.

I do have a question that only the president can answer. Most of you have seen the video of the three black kids beating the crap out of a white kid on a school bus. Will the president be making a speech soon, saying that white kid could have been him?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Help me out with your question...I can't recall past POTUS being pro active speaking out when African Americans children were being beaten, lynched, killed by bombing a Sunday school class by the White Citizen's Council members (Klan).it was only after a huge public outcry that was led by the media images that forced them to take action..

POTUS Obama has spoken out when kids are bullied (both physical and mental) regardless of color. Remember he is of mixed heritage, so he could say that (now that would really upset the Republicans)

Bush 43, left African American children on top of roofs for 5 days during Katrina and did not say a word (remember I had a front row seat)...

My Dad always told me when it comes to politicians of all parties...never believe what they say, watch how they cast their vote in Congress...I seldom watch MSNBC, I do watch FOX because they serve as the conduit to the right wing conservative agenda, which more and more draws parallels to the post reconstruction era Jim Crow laws...what surprises me is how open they are about it...that gives me a migraine