Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Do you think that there are 007 license-to kill-agents in the CIA?

I have wondered whether there are 007 license-to-kill agents in the CIA. The reason I feel this way is that it just makes sense that their are people who have to be eliminated as threats to US security. Somone like Snowden might fall into this area. In his case the damage has been done. And apparently no one died as a result of his actions. But their have been spies who because of what they exposed resulted in the death of people. Some have been caught and put in jail. But there probably have been spies and other bad guys who have been eliminated by 007 agents. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Yes, and they have laser beam watches. Cool sports cars with machine guns and they always have someone who looks like Halley Berry on their arm.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Admiral

If there are, I hope they don't rely on a Beretta Model 418 in .25 ACP caliber like James Bond. You couldn't kill a mouse with that round.
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Default Yes

With 100% certainty .
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
If there are, I hope they don't rely on a Beretta Model 418 in .25 ACP caliber like James Bond. You couldn't kill a mouse with that round.
The original Bond, of the novels, used the Beretta and Sean Connery, Bond used a Walther PPK .380. I haven't paid close attention to what the newer Bonds are shooting. A little better but I always laughed at how "accurate" Sean Connery could be with 3" barrel.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Admiral

I own a Walther PPK in .380. I have some specialty rounds that make it a reasonable defensive firearm, but still just marginally. I use it as a light clothing firearm. I carried it around Montgomery last week in the pocket of my bermuda shorts.

Didn't the CIA have some .22 caliber weapons cleverly disguised as mundane items? They'd have to get mighty close for good effect.
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Isn't it the power behind the bullet that makes the difference

Quote:
I own a Walther PPK in .380. I have some specialty rounds that make it a reasonable defensive firearm, but still just marginally. I use it as a light clothing firearm. I carried it around Montgomery last week in the pocket of my bermuda shorts.

Didn't the CIA have some .22 caliber weapons cleverly disguised as mundane items? They'd have to get mighty close for good effect.
A gun person told me that a 38 caliber bullet could be powered up so to speak by lengthening the cartridge size. He said that this could mean a 357 was a 38 with a longer cartridge to contain a bigger powder charge. I would say that the 22 might be souped up to pack a stronger charge. But I guess thhis is sort of moot since I recall Bobby Kennedy was killed with a 22. Interesting point though in my
reading i came across a mention of Spanish hornets which were Mauser bulletes with a copper coating that disentegrated as they were fired in combat during the Spanish American war. I was wondering why were full-metal jackets required for use in combat and are shotguns permitted to be used in combat as they were in World War One. On a side issue is napalm a banned weapon now today.
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Admiral

The .357 Magnum was indeed derived from testing hot loads using .38 Special brass, and they intentionally used longer cases for the .357 so they would not fit in a standard .38 revolver. The reason being the .38 weapons were not designed for the higher pressure and they wanted to keep accidents from happening. Actually, the .38 Special is really a .357 diameter-wise. An experienced reloader can make magnum loads using standard .38 brass and fire them in a .357 revolver. Also, I often fire .38 Special rounds from one of my .357 revolvers since it is cheaper and the recoil is not as raunchy. I've also handloaded .357 cases to .38 Special levels.

The same thing happened for developing the .44 Magnum off of the .44 Special round, except in that case the diameter for both is 0.429".

I loaded a lot of 'nape' when I was an aircraft ordnance technician in the Marines. Ours was not especially safe to be around, on either end. Napalm is still 'legal' as far as I know, but the U.S. has a different version of it now that is more stable to handle.
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Admiral

It would make sense, but what would the pay grade be? How would the sequester impact his travel budget?...at the rate the American Bond goes thru women would not he be charged with sexual harrassment? Would Hillary be considered "M", when she was at State? Would "Q" be forced to testify and reveal how drones assisted the American Bond on covert missions? Would the American Bond drive a corvette?
If we do in fact have one, why did we have to send Seal Team #6 to take out Bin Laden ?

Would George Clooney play the American Bond in the movies? Would he babysit Halle Berry's two kids?
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Admiral

His signature drink would be either be Coors Light or a New Orleans Hurricane

If he is American, he probably would have a sidekick..could be either Johnny Depp or Angelina Joline

Would he in fact be employed by the CIA or the NSA or Special Black Ops

His branch of Service should be the Marines
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Admiral

Seems most of the assassinations are set up by the CIA and NSA, and then they indeed just call the SEALs or Delta Force to do the deed.

I'm thinking the American James Bond would be a high end bourbon man - perhaps Jefferson's Select or Parker's Heritage, neat. The Corvette would be the proper car, but it'd be something modified like a Lingenfelter twin-turbo custom job.

Marines for the service? Of course! SEALs and Green Berets are overused in the movies and TV. Having a Marine version of special ops - we call it Force Recon - would be a nice change.
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Admiral

What about a female 007...drives a hybrid...does not drink but loves Greek yogurt smoothies..is a Marine Corp aviator...happily married to a Carnival Cruise Director...no matter where she is on assignment in the world she never misses her child's weekend soccer games

The reason she would be such a deadly killer is because she does not look or act like one
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Admiral

There was a JAG episode where some international assassin was after the CIA agent semi-regular in the cast. His mother was a retired CIA case officer and the image of the smart, but retired older woman. The climax of the show was when the assassin was about to kill Harm and Mac in the living room of the CIA guy's old family estate. Suddenly a shot rings out, then another! Assassin falls over dead and dear old Mom is standing behind him with a smoking pistol in her hand. "Can we talk about this in another room, dear? The sight of blood has always made me feel nauseous."
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Admiral

I remember that...or in the movie The Sting the hit woman that almost took out the Robert Redford character...loved that movie
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Admiral

The Sting is on my top 5 list. Paul Newman would have been great as the American James Bond. Redford too.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:15 AM
Admiral

Daniel Craig's Bond (which is my favorite), reminds me how Steve McQueen might have portrayed an American Bond...Bullit is one of my favorite alltime movies also

Clint Eastwood would bring a whole new dimension to the Bond character

Would love to see Mel Brooks do a movie spook of an American Bond
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:25 AM
Familiar Face

Default Life in danger argument

Quote:
There was a JAG episode where some international assassin was after the CIA agent semi-regular in the cast. His mother was a retired CIA case officer and the image of the smart, but retired older woman. The climax of the show was when the assassin was about to kill Harm and Mac in the living room of the CIA guy's old family estate. Suddenly a shot rings out, then another! Assassin falls over dead and dear old Mom is standing behind him with a smoking pistol in her hand. "Can we talk about this in another room, dear? The sight of blood has always made me feel nauseous."
The writers in this episode used a person's life in danger argument to excuse shooting of assasin which is reason police have to terminate a shooter which is valid in my mind. The 007 agent who shoots an assasin does it to prevent future evil activities which is also valid in my mind.
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
Admiral

one would think that the Israeli Masada (sp) would be the better organization to model the 007 character

Does the RCMP still get their man?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:06 AM
Captain

Keifer Southerland who played Jack Baur on the TV show 24 would of made a great American 007! He would drive a 1969 Chevy Chevelle that was souped up, drink Jack Daniels Whiskey and have Jennifer Lopez and Halle Berry on each arm!

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:56 AM
Admiral

Perfect choice!!!! Clint Eastwood would be his Dad and Pam Grier (Foxy Brown) his Mom and his theme song (travelling music) would be "Bad To The Bone"

Quintan Tarintino (sp) would direct the movie and the NRA wouldbpay for movie placements