Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Default I hope they do shut the government down

and highlight once again that the GOP doesn't give a damn about America or Americans.

Defiant House delays Obamacare; government shutdown looms - CNN.com
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It doesn't surprise me that you would be so hopeful. We seem to live in a world that says, "I don't care who is hurt, as long as it isn't me"
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Admiral

I'm certainly not surprised you attacked me.

I'm sure the Republicans in Congress don't care. They will continue to be paid while the rest of the country goes to hell.

Meanwhile, there is not a chance the GOP will stop Obamacare. Most of the funding comes from new taxes and spending cuts and will be unaffected.

Without a doubt, the Republicans will correctly receive most of the blame.

And, of course, Jindal continues to dig his political grave deeper and deeper.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
. We seem to live in a world that says, "I don't care who is hurt, as long as it isn't me"
That is the way I see it as well.

We can be Republicans or Democrats but we don't have to be selfish.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
It doesn't surprise me that you would be so hopeful. We seem to live in a world that says, "I don't care who is hurt, as long as it isn't me"
Tell THAT to the tea party!

Saw an interesting stat this morning. The ten states with the most people living below the poverty line on a percentage basis are in the deep South, and one of them is Texas. Of those ten states, only two have elected to set up statewide healthcare exchanges and bolster Medicaid per the Affordable Care Act. The other eight (including Texas) have opted out, and will therefore fall back on the national exchange, which will not be able to offer the range of choices and the rock-bottom prices that will be very popular features of the state exchanges, especially for the very poor.

Just another example of the representatives of the poorest and neediest among us continuing to elect people who cut them off at the knees at every turn. The poverty-ridden states continue to elect those who care only for the rich at the expense of the poor and middle class. And these voters even support the gerrymandering and voter suppression schemes that are designed to keep it that way. These folks are victims of a political Ponzi scheme, and they keep doubling down on their bad bets.

And we wring our hands about the decline of the middle class!
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:43 AM
Admiral

It did shut down!

I wonder if we can still buy some bags of cow manure for our lawns and gardens

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Well you got your wish... Happy Now?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Admiral

AR, which two states set up the statewide healthcare exchanges?
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Once again the US is the laughing stock of the world, demonstrating just how dysfunctional our government is and how a handful of radicals can shut everything down.

God Bless America.
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Admiral

You keep defecting to everything else except the title of this thread. I will ask you again how you feel now that you get your wish?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 1st, 2013, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moiraine View Post
AR, which two states set up the statewide healthcare exchanges?
I believe one of them is West Virginia, can't remember the other one. I tried to look it up on the census website, but there's a message there that the site is inoperative because of the shutdown. Seriously.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Well you got your wish... Happy Now?
I for one am not happy.

This is not a good thing.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
You keep defecting to everything else except the title of this thread. I will ask you again how you feel now that you get your wish?
I feel the same as I did yesterday. Thanks for asking.

My wish is that America will wake up and see GOP for what they are.
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Walk in our shoes Z, before you start wishing for the bad of this country.

I realize you are a poster boy of the Demos, all talking from the same play book, but you are dealing with REAL people.

How does it feel to slap 800,000 fellow Americans? What did we do to you, or Harry Reid?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 1st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Walk in our shoes Z, before you start wishing for the bad of this country..
Luanne, I understand how you feel.

I will also be missing my disability payment from the VA if the situation is not settled.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

, it's all your fault Z...you wished it!! What a typical Republican response. OMG, it's not the Republicans fault that they elect imbeciles and cry babies who've tried to shut down Obamacare 41 times and failed. It's all Z's fault for wishing it.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Typical GOP blaming everyone else when they should be looking in a mirror.

Why do those with entitlements want to deny the same to others. Now maybe you know how we feel.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Familiar Face

I am a big ole liberal and I am not happy about the shut down. In fact, something like 72 percent of Americans were against the shut down, which means that I small minority of extremist Republicans are holding the entire country hostage.

Right now we aren't feeling the full effects of the shutdown, because government, like all large ships, take a while to lose momentum. That said, there are already victims of the shutdown in play, including 30 children, most with cancer, for whom their last chance at a cure was cut off from them this week due to the shutdown.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

President Fearmonger

First – let me say I know our health care system is broken, but I do not agree that Obamacare has been “working” – so far it has caused a lot of people to lose health care (there are lists of companies; Costco, Starbucks, etc) who say that can’t afford the legal obligation to cover so many people. Many people have had their hours cut back so they don’t qualify. Many people have not been hired by small businesses who have to stay under the 50 employee minimum not to have to comply with Obamacare.

But so far the Democrats have shown NO willingness to negotiate how Obamacare will be implemented, and I have not seen a thing that says it is a good model. But this last incident of “my way or the highway” by Obama is just too much.

This is something like the 76th shutdown in 30 years (big deal). It's how our system works. But JUST LIKE THE SEQUESTER - Obama is now trying to inflict the most pain on the American people as possible - and blame the Republicans. Right now he is actually talking down the stock market by instilling fear in our people about the very thing he was hired to fix - our economy. Here is what he said on CNBC:

REPORTER: Wall Street's been pretty calm about this. The reaction, i would say generally speaking, has been washington fighting, Washington posturing. Is that the right way to look at it?

OBAMA: No. this time's different. i think they should be concerned... when you have a situation in which a faction is willing potentially to default on u.s. government obligations, then we are in trouble. and if they're willing to do it now, they'll be doing -- willing to do it later. one thing i often hear is, well, Mr. president, even if they're being unreasonable, why can't you just go ahead and do something that makes them happy now? i have to remind people --

Reporter: the constitutional option?

OBAMA: (ignoring the reporter) what i have to remind people is, what we're debating right now is keeping the government open for two months. We would then be going through this exact same thing in the middle of Christmas shopping season which i don't think many businesses would be interested in. We saw what happened in 2011 and then we'd have to go through it again six months from now and six months after that and one thing that i know the american people are tired of, and I have to assume the vast majority of businesses are tired of, is this constant governing from crisis to crisis.

So, we have a president who never meets with congress in a meaningful way, and he blames them for that.

DOES ANYTHING THINK THAT IF OBAMA CALLED CONGRESSMEN TO COME TO THE WHITE HOUSE THAT THEY WOULDN'T GO? - so, who exactly has stopped government here?

Listen - the left who passed this law completely on their own - and who have not been willing to negotiate anything about, have given exemptions to selected people (unions, government employees, Congress, etc), and yet if there is anything the Republicans want to talk about - no way.

Now Mr. "My way or the highway" is now sabotaging the only thing in the economy he had working, the stock market, it is now down 5% from our all-time highs just a few months ago, and he is on TV again right now, doubling down on the economic fear-mongering.

Meanwhile - I have personally tried to get on the Healthcare.gov web site all day for two days - I managed to get signed up, wrote down my password & username, and when it came time to log in (It took two hours for that page to come up) it told me my username was not valid. It was supposed to send me a password reminder, and that never arrived.

That fallacy here is that Obamacare "works" - so far we don't know anything about it. I have NO idea what premiums will be made available to me. We DO know that so far Obamacare HAS caused a lot of people to lose health insurance under the pretense that businesses think they can stop covering their employees because they can go to an open exchange. (That is one thing the leftist media or Obama has never admitted) But I can't access the open exchange - I have been trying.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Familiar Face

I am not even going to try to unpack everything you wrote, mostly because I stopped reading once you put in your very first nonfactual statement which I know to be wrong.

I know for a fact that Costco has made no changes, nor plans to, as a result of Obamacare, aka, the Affordable Care Act. In fact, Costco goes above and beyond when it comes to pay and benefits.

As for the Affordable Care act "working," the exchanges were put in place on October 1, 2013, given that this is *day 3* it is really hard to tell if they are "working" or not.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Reader View Post
I am not even going to try to unpack everything you wrote, mostly because I stopped reading once you put in your very first nonfactual statement which I know to be wrong.

I know for a fact that Costco has made no changes, nor plans to, as a result of Obamacare, aka, the Affordable Care Act. In fact, Costco goes above and beyond when it comes to pay and benefits.

As for the Affordable Care act "working," the exchanges were put in place on October 1, 2013, given that this is *day 3* it is really hard to tell if they are "working" or not.
Yep, that's when I stopped reading too. Blatant lies.

"Under the new bill, which has considerably more encompassing coverage options, many businesses are discovering that the costs of subsidizing their employees are rapidly rising. For businesses that put their employees at the forefront, it hasn't been a big deal. Costco (NASDAQ: COST ) has long since put the health and well-being of its employees first, and Obamacare is merely an extension of the of same practices and standards it already has in place for full-time and part-time employees. Just last year, Costco announced a partnership with Aetna to create what's called Costco Personal Health Insurance -- essentially a way of getting personal insurance at cheaper prices than the current market rates. As you might have expected, Costco also allows spouses on its Personal Health Insurance plans. Obamacare aside, Costco deserves a pat on the back for its labor practices"
Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Admiral

That unemployment continues to go down screams BS that Obamacare is costing jobs. The lies by the extremists trying to shoot down Obamacare continue unabated.

Fact: