Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Barry-cades - gov't tries to shut down private facility

Barrycades: Feds Try to Shut Down Privately Owned Mount Vernon Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

This article shows the government trying to put up Barry-cades around Mt Vernon (George Washington's home in VA) - unfortunately, it is a private business, not a public attraction. Whoops - caught with their pants down

And you don't think the whole goal here is to put the hurt on the American people in the most public way possible and blame on the Republicans you are deaf and blind. But guess, what, it is the government in charge (the left) that is making the choices on what to close and who to hurt.

Just like the Sequester - same old tactics. I have no idea why people think they are blameless and its "all the republicans" its government in general - and most of them are democrats.
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Not just Democrats.. Even Republicans realize it...CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal called on the Republican Party to "stop being the stupid party"
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Familiar Face

I find all the finger pointing in the shut down tiresome, but the truth is that it is the Republicans that are holding the Government hostage, demanding a repeal of the Affordable Care Act. I am sick of every budget and every spending limit bill turning into a hostage situation.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It takes two sides to fight. The Republicans are willing to talk. It's the left who is saying "my way or the highway."

Do you know why shutting down the government scares democrats so much? Because it affects Washington DC - where they all live on the government mammary glands. I personally don't care if the government gets shut down for two weeks, it doesn't change anything for me.

If you look back, we have never had a President less effective at dealing with Congress than Obama in modern history. As a prez he never gets personally involved in anything. He let Congressmen's aides write up the Affordable Care Act, the one that Nancy Pelosi said "We have to pass it to see what's in it." (Just BRILLIANT political thinking there by the left's model female representative). Even the people who wrote don;t know how it works.

And now we are getting a glimpse of it in action. The scariest thing to me is that its being run by the IRS. I honestly do not know why any US citizen would want the IRS to manage anything in this country. Have you ever dealt with the IRS? Talk about dysfunctional (and biased, in case you missed the latest IRS scandal).
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Paul, you've now risen to high comedy.

As Beatrice said to Benedict, "No one marks you."

But we do laugh a lot.

See the new CBS poll. . .

http://www.nytimes.com/news/fiscal-c...h-law/?hp&_r=0

Here's the bottom line: if the spineless John Boehner cared more about the orderly function of government than he does about his own pathetic career, he would allow a clean budget bill to have an up or down vote in the House where, as everybody who has been paying attention knows, it would pass easily. Such a sensible, fair and patriotic move would obviate the need for any of the confusion, and other nonsense caused by the shutdown. Of course, it would cost him his speakership and pathetic $200,000 salary, and let's face it, that's the important thing.

I love the article you cited, especially where it says "Obama did this," and "Obama did that." I can just picture the president in the oval office now, saying, "Hey, get some guys over there to close down the parking lot at Mt. Vernon. And tell them not to forget those three extra spaces over at the South end!" Of course, there's no bigotry in any of this, just a heartfelt disagreement with absolutely everything this president ever did, ever wants to do, or ever will do. Sight unseen.

Meanwhile, I note that the Affordable Care Act seems to be generating quite a lot of interest and enthusiasm. My, my.