Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Republicans acting stupidly

I am willing to say what I really think because I am not a die-hard "my party right or wrong" conservative. Right now the Republicans in congress are acting stupidly by not letting government get back to business. Why?

Because Obamacare is in the process of showing itself to be the disaster Republicans predicted. The people in charge have completely failed to get the rates published, to make the promised plans available or even accountable. Not a single state has reported anyone actually getting signed up for an Obamacare exchange plan.

As I see it (and have heard from talking to insurance brokers who have seen the rates here in AZ) the law will benefit older people like me. My healthcare costs should go down. But they say rates will go up for five out of six people - younger, working class families.

Right now Obama can't believe his luck that the Republicans would be doing anything as misguided as taking the spotlight off of the joke that is the current state of Obamacare. Especially when they say the reason is that they want to stop Obamacare.

I say let the law go through (and yes, I am being a little selfish, I want a new health plan even if it means others pay more - but I have paying far more than I should for the last five years).

Let's open the door and see what we have and let the pieces lie where they fall. As far as I can see, we don't have anything. The plan is not ready, it is not working.

I am almost at the "conspiracy theory" point. I cannot understand why the Republicans would be taking the heat for stopping a plan that obviously is not working anyway - there is nothing to defund here. There are no "exchange" plans out there.

Agree to pay it, start government back up, let the stock market rally, and shift the media microscope away from Republicans to the stinking pile of doo-doo that is supposed to be our new healthcare law.

This "non-functioning web site" is the most obvious smoke screen I have ever seen in my life. Pay attention to the man behind the curtain. I want to see the plan, and a non-functioning web site is no excuse for the fact that we have not seen the rates or had reports of a single person signed up through the independent "navigators" that are supposed to be out there.

And for the record - I signed up for plan that is supposedly open to agents for Blue Cross on Tuesday, and I paid for it (online). But I am still waiting for confirmation that I got the plan and I just checked and I see that Blue Cross has not accepted my payment. By law, if this was for real, thousands of people, including myself, would be signed up already.
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Admiral

Of course if they were not acting stupidly they would not be Republicans.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I am willing to say what I really think because I am not a die-hard "my party right or wrong" conservative.
Shouldnt this post be in the Jokes and Humor section?
Cause, if you start something off with THAT statement, man, its funny as hell!

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Admiral

The only joke is those who think Obamacare is a disaster. It is here to stay and isn't going away.

As for the republicans, they are doing the only thing they do well, which is nothing.