Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Default John Boehner: "Why was I not informed?"

The compromise budget bill passed by the House this past week is a baby step toward reasonableness. It is a travesty that unemployment benefits will be cut for those still looking for work, but easing the sequester and a pullback from budgetary brinksmanship is at least a small gift for the holidays.

But in the process, John Boehner managed to make himself into an even bigger, disingenuous fool than before. In a news conference near the end of the week he excoriated the unelected right-wing special interests for "forcing" the House to engage in the tactics that led to the shutdown. Then he pointed out that somebody from one of those outfits said on the day before the shutdown ended that they knew it wouldn't work. "Are you kidding me?" thundered the Speaker.

Translated, that meant "Why was I not informed?"

Everybody with half a brain knew all along that the ACA would not be overturned, could not be overturned. The Senate would never approve it, and if it did, the president would veto it and there is nothing close to the supermajority in the Senate needed to overturn the veto. Everybody knew this, apparently except for Boehner and the tea party crazies to whom he became a puppet.

While it is nice to think that Boehner may have seen the light, temporarily at least, I have no confidence that his newfound perspective will have any staying power. When it comes time for the Club for Growth to write him another check, he's likely to be saying once again, "Yessir, whatever you say, sir."

Pathetic.
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree he is a sad case as leader. He is much like the president. A good man, but not much of a leader. It is time for the likes of John McCain to realize Rep. citizens are sick of the same old thing. They have realized without proper leadership, this country is turning into something that is unrecognizable.

Hopefully, the American people, both Dems and Repubs, realize we have a voice. It is time to clean house in Washington, and restore our Constitutional rights.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Admiral

John McCain? The same one who picked that idiot Sarah Palin as a running mate and cost him the election? I don't think so.

What America wants and needs are moderates and the extremists are still clueless.
Old December 18th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Admiral

John McCain?

Are you kidding me?

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013