Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Admiral

Default Because our President asked

Good evening --

The Affordable Care Act has been in the news a lot recently -- and increasingly for the right reasons.

The law is working: Already, nearly 365,000 people across the country have picked private plans through the Marketplace -- and 800,000 more are on track to get Medicaid through their states. These are people for whom health insurance might not have previously been an option -- people who in the past might have been discriminated against for simple medical conditions like asthma, or who may have been dropped from their coverage just because they got sick.

Now, thousands of Americans are signing up for coverage every day. That matters. It means financial security for families all across the country. It means freedom from the fear that one illness or accident might cost you everything you've worked so hard to build.

If you don't have health insurance, go to HealthCare.gov right now and sign up. You can compare plans based on your own needs and budget, and you can sign up for coverage.

And if you do it before December 23rd, you can be covered on the first day of the New Year.

Now, if you already have health insurance, I'm asking you right now to help make sure that your friends, neighbors, coworkers, and the people you go to college or church with know the facts about how they can get covered, too. Moms and dads, remind your kids this holiday season. And if you've recently signed up, tell your friends.

I'm asking you to spread the word about getting covered -- and we're providing some tools to help you do it.

Whether you talk to a family member, share a photo or a story on Facebook, tweet using the hashtag #GetCovered, or walk a friend or colleague through the website -- your effort will make a difference right now.

That's because the most important source of information about this law isn't going to be me, or anyone here at the White House. It's going to be you, telling the people you know to check out HealthCare.gov for themselves, and make their own decision about getting covered.
Tens of millions of people have already felt the benefits of reform, from free, recommended preventive care like mammograms, to more affordable prescription medications. But there are millions more of our fellow citizens who stand to be helped -- and we've got to make sure they know exactly how.

Thanks for your help.
President Barack Obama
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Admiral

I notice you posted that here, but not on your own website at least from what I can see.
Old December 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Admiral

True...........
Old December 20th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Dear Mr. President,

Your web site is not safe, as those who put it together have testified.

You lied Mr. President, so how are we to believe you.

You tried to do something good, without knowledge of what you were doing.

You caused people who had insurance, to be dropped. How does that help the American people?

Medicaid is very expensive for the American tax payer, and will cause a huge over load of patients on the few doctors who will take Medicaid patients.

If you had delayed the start of the bill, to get things right, there would have not been a Gov shut down, and things could have been worked out.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 20th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Admiral

If some republican extremists had not held this country hostage, things would have gotten off to a better start. They are the liars.

Meanwhile I am proud to say that I have obtained affordable health insurance through the exchange. Thank you Mr President for your leadership and for standing up to the infidels.

The rush is on in California
Obamacare Enrollment Is Absolutely Exploding In California - Yahoo Finance
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

WOOOOOO You say infidels. that says a lot about you. Scary stuff
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 20th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Attack the poster? Kind of lame, eh?
Old December 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Dear Mr. President,

Your web site is not safe, as those who put it together have testified.

Right. Don't buy insurance. Go shop at Target. That's "safe."

Quote:
You lied Mr. President, so how are we to believe you.

You enjoy some of the lowest cost, taxpayer subsidized, quality insurance in the land. If you needed a good, inexpensive policy, you'd be buying it no matter who you believed or didn't believe.

Quote:
You tried to do something good, without knowledge of what you were doing.

He knew what he was doing: he was doing the right thing.

Quote:
You caused people who had insurance, to be dropped. How does that help the American people?

It doesn't, but the fixes will help. Lots of "fairness" complaints when FDR started Social Security too. This too shall pass.

Quote:
Medicaid is very expensive for the American tax payer, and will cause a huge over load of patients on the few doctors who will take Medicaid patients.

Since the latest numbers show that some 70% of nursing home bills nationwide are paid my Medicaid, seems like somebody's accepting it. If nobody was accepting it, it wouldn't be so expensive, would it? It's like Yogi's old line, "Nobody goes to that restaurant any more. It's too crowded." An argument that is false on the face of it. But you bet, Medicaid is expensive for taxpayers, mostly because a lot of Americans can't or won't look after their finances, or can't earn enough money to make ends meet, and wind up flat broke in old age.

Quote:
If you had delayed the start of the bill, to get things right, there would have not been a Gov shut down, and things could have been worked out.

First, it isn't a bill, it's a law. Once the president signs a bill, it becomes a law, even though that's a word I know it pains you to use in this instance. And, if he had delayed the start of the law, Republicans would at this moment be spending all their time calling it an abortive failure, and campaigning on that claim for all of 2014. They would be calling the delay an admission that the law's no good. The right's legislative attention would continue to be directed at scuttling it before it got started, with the tea party mounting 70 or 80 more useless votes in the House in 2014. Now, at least, they'll have to find a new whipping boy. You are so laser focused on what's wrong with it that you absolutely cannot or will not see what's right with it, and you are so focused on the few that were temporarily treated unfairly that you cannot or will not see the many who are being helped.

And it is an absolute pipe dream to claim a direct link between the ACA and the government shutdown, unless you consider pure spite a direct link.
Old December 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Yesterday I received an unsolicited note from a good friend, who is in his 40s and self-employed. . .

"I'm an Obamacare baby. I had no trouble with the website and now, my
premiums are $900 lower, my deductible is $3000 lower (as is my maximum
out-of-pocket), and I have 0 co-pay. I'm paid up and ready to go on Jan. 1.
Take that, Mitch McConnell, you #$%^&!"