Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2014, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Default Obamacare numbers coming in huge: Here's a guide to GOP excuse-making

Obamacare numbers coming in huge: Here's a guide to GOP excuse-making

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:45 AM
Admiral

the devil is in the details....by zip code....by voting district.....the breakdown of who actually signed up......the next few months of the news cycle on this story will be interesting...
Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Admiral

We signed up months ago. Best thing since sliced bread.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Admiral

It was with great amusement when I heard LA Gov Bobby Jindal's alternative to ACA today

Of course he failed to mention how he drained 830M from the State's Medicaid Trust Fund for the Elderly and used funds from the Tobacco & Health Trust Fund Big Tobacco Lawsuit settlement to cover the State's budget shortfalls and by his refusal to accept Federal $$$ for Medicare expansion leaves over 450,000 poor elderly LA residents without needed coverage

His approval rating in the State is lower then POTUS O'Bamas
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Not to mention that the idiot denied health care to 242,000 Louisianians.

And now the idiot in waiting is suing MoveOn for telling the truth. In total, Republican govenors are denying coverage to over 5 million people.

Do they seriously think that will help them take the White House?
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
Admiral

The most recent recession exposed the weak links in an employer based health care provider system...folks lost their jobs and could not find another for more then 61 days and could not afford COBRA or the high risk pools....the #1 cause of bankruptcy is massive medical bills

Common sense would dictate that both parties work together on this issue, but what folks forget is upon his election POTUS O'Bama called for a bi-partision effort to address this issues and the Republicans refused to participate....easier to take pot shots....while never offering a written plan as an alternative to the American public

I read a book about the opposition that Republicans gave POTUS Franklin Roosevelt about Social Security in the 1930's....almost sounds like they are using the same script

When a Southern Republican Gov proclaims that the States are in the best position to handle it, I shudder because I am old enough to remember pre 1965

As my Grandfather taught me, when it comes to politics, follow the $$$$$...with the recent SCOTUS ruling that just became harder...I think it will backfire on the Republicans but not before it does major damage to our political process...anyone remember the Keating 5 and why laws were passed to tightly control campaign spending
Old April 5th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Captain

The Republicans were right to resist Roosevelt and the Implementation of SSI, just as they should resist the implementation of the Health Care law! Both are unconstitutional acts that would have our founding fathers rolling over in their graves!

How do you suppose people lived back in the 1700's, 1800's and 1900's without health insurance??? If you couldn't pay, or work out something with the Doctor, for a procedure then you just didn't get it, simple as that. It is called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Old April 5th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post

How do you suppose people lived back in the 1700's, 1800's and 1900's without health insurance??? If you couldn't pay, or work out something with the Doctor, for a procedure then you just didn't get it, simple as that. It is called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!
Readers should note that this point of view comes from a person who proudly claims that he never sees a doctor.
Old April 5th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Not very long

My life experience has shown me what politicians (regardless of party) say in principal and what they do in fact, are often two very different things......those elected politicians that scream the loudest against something are often the very same ones that are exposed as hypocrites

One would be hard pressed to find one elected member of Congress that is a person of principal both in their beliefs and actions (voting records)...if you manage to name one, they were probably 1 termers

Self responsibity only works if one lives off the grid