Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Remember when People laughed

At Romney when he said Russia was a bigger threat to world peace than the Iranians?

And what exactly did Obama promise Putin he "would be able to do better" after the election?

Cancel more plans for NATO defense bases in Eastern Europe?

Great foreign policy we have.

Great domestic policy we have.

Actually not - a stunning failure as a President. I am just saying some of us saw it coming all along - Now the vast majority of the nation sees it as reflected in the polls.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:14 AM
Captain

Saw the WSJ report about poll that said 51% of Americans want US to pull back from involvement in international problems. The current low rating of 38% approval rating for Obama 's performance reflects how Americans feel. The problem is that Obama is like Putin if he doesn't get his way, he will do it his way. He follows a philosophy of the end justifies the means.
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Oh yes things are pretty bad. unless you are retirees in Florida enjoying every day that we have left.
My DW and I as well as my kids in Ct. things are doing quite well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 1st, 2014, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Location: Indiana in the middle of a farmer's former cornfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
At Romney when he said Russia was a bigger threat to world peace than the Iranians?

And what exactly did Obama promise Putin he "would be able to do better" after the election?

Actually not - a stunning failure as a President. I am just saying some of us saw it coming all along - Now the vast majority of the nation sees it as reflected in the polls.
I applaud your post! It is right on!
Also, China is set to overtake the USA as having the worlds number one economy.

Obama should be proud--not!

Keith & Rita Ann

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Admiral

We haven't started any Bush era wag the dog wars. That is a huge plus.

The republicans outsources millions of jobs to China. Is it any wonder their economy is booming?

[juvenile and needless taunting of republicans removed by editors]
Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

At least 42 people died in Friday (May 2) clashes between pro-Russia militants and Ukrainian government supporters, The Associated Press reported.

Officials said the largest number — at least 36 people — were killed when a fire broke out in a government building occupied by pro-Russia protesters. The Black Sea port city of Odessa, where much of the fighting occurred, declared a three-day mourning period, but Ukraine is not backing down: "The active phase of the operation continued at dawn (today)," Arsen Avakov, the country's acting interior minister, wrote on his Facebook page. "We will not stop."

Zydeco - this is a discussion forum - not a taunting forum. It is important to STICK TO THE TOPIC in any discussion. Off-topic posting merely to change the subject because you don't like the facts will be removed.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Polls are statistics and not facts
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
We haven't started any Bush era wag the dog wars. That is a huge plus.
Now, I agree that I did not want the Iraq war - but we are 6 years into Obama - isn't it time to get over Bush?

As far as "wag the dog" wars - Are you saying you really don't think it is serious that Putin is killing innocent citizens in the Ukraine in the name of imperialism.

That is what Hitler did in Poland before World War 2 started.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Are you seriously comparing Putin to Hitler? How many Native Americans were murdered in this country and how is that different?
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Captain

Really Zydo??? Native Americans being brought up, something that happened well over 100 years ago???

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Captain

In my opinion....What is happening in the Ukraine is none of our business and we should stay out of it.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post
Really Zydo??? Native Americans being brought up, something that happened well over 100 years ago???
Time somehow makes it okay? No it doesn't. What's that saying? Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Were people laughing then?

How many millions of Russians were killed fighting Hitler? The outcome of WWII could easily have been different had Russia not been involved.
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Time somehow makes it okay? No it doesn't. What's that saying? Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Were people laughing then?

How many millions of Russians were killed fighting Hitler? The outcome of WWII could easily have been different had Russia not been involved.
Yep: Those who forget the past are doomed to have a skewed view of it.

20 million Russians died in WWII. However, Stalin killed another 20 million of his own people for various reasons. He also did a number of other atrocities, such as:

1 million imprisoned or exiled between 1927 to 1929.
9 to 11 million peasants forced off their lands.
2 to 3 million peasants arrested or exiled in the mass collectivization.
6 to 7 million killed by an artificial famine in 1932-1934.
1 million exiled from Moscow and Leningrad in 1935.
1 million executed during the ''Great Terror'' of 1937-1938
4 to 6 million dispatched to forced labor camps.
10 to 12 million people forcibly relocated during World War II.
At least 1 million arrested for various “political crimes” from 1946 to 1953.

This doesn't count the numbers killed or atrocities committed in the USSR satellite countries like Poland, Hungary, Romania, etc.. My mother-in-law lived through the Soviet occupation of Poland and it wasn't a nice place to be. Thousands were evicted from their homes, with nowhere to go, so Party members could take possession of the homes. Anyone protesting would just disappear and people would be forced to spy for the government or lose their homes, or lose their and their family's lives.

Stalin wasn't Hitler but they were cut from the same cloth. Putin is of the "Old Guard" and is displaying many of the tactics used by the old USSR and it's quite scary.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 4th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Admiral

And we can't forget the 20 million plus killed during the Crusades and other religious wars up until the 17th or 18th century. A significantly higher percentage of the general population of the time.

War is nothing new and neither is persecution of races, religions, political associations, etc.

But I digress. America is not innocent and we are not world police.

On History, Russia can't afford to expand the empire without suffering economic collapse which is what the Soviet Union did. They are not a world threat.
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Captain

Default If you asked President Obama and the Clintons the USA is the world police

Quote:
And we can't forget the 20 million plus killed during the Crusades and other religious wars up until the 17th or 18th century. A significantly higher percentage of the general population of the time.

War is nothing new and neither is persecution of races, religions, political associations, etc.

But I digress. America is not innocent and we are not world police.

On History, Russia can't afford to expand the empire without suffering economic collapse which is what the Soviet Union did. They are not a world threat.
I am confident that President Obama and the Clintons feel that the USA is the world police and will be putting American military in danger's way in the the Baltic, Mid East or Africa. They will do it through the CIA and USA paid for foreign military units.

Last edited by bonnyprincecharlie; May 4th, 2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old May 4th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
I am confident that President Obama and the Clintons feel that the USA is the world police and will be putting American military in danger's way in the the Baltic, Mid East or Africa. They will do it through the CIA and USA paid for foreign military units.
Nothing like an alarmist. Or hedging. Obama hasn't yet, unlike the war mongering Bush dynasty.

If we do go to war, it is far better to hire someone else to fight it and save our sons and daughters.
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Captain

Quote:
Nothing like an alarmist. Or hedging. Obama hasn't yet, unlike the war mongering Bush dynasty.

If we do go to war, it is far better to hire someone else to fight it and save our sons and daughters.
Hiring someone to do your killing is better than having American bloodshed, but then again it is American treasure being wasted by the CIA running around supporting the Arab spring radicals with impunity and paying off warlords with bottomless funds and no accountability. At least with the drones the CIA was put in its place and some accountability was restored.
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Hiring someone to do your killing is better than having American bloodshed, but then again it is American treasure being wasted by the CIA running around supporting the Arab spring radicals with impunity and paying off warlords with bottomless funds and no accountability. At least with the drones the CIA was put in its place and some accountability was restored.
The US having a lack of intelligence information is how and why terrorists succeed.

My enemy's enemy is my friend dates back to before Christ.
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Captain

Quote:

The problem I see is that people forget about the administration's fiascoes and will not vote those responsible for the fiascoes out of office. Another point is that no Democrat wants to find out the truth about the Benghazi fiasco because President Obama got reelected and Hilary Clinton was able to keep her skirts clean for the 2116 election.
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
The problem I see is that people forget about the administration's fiascoes and will not vote those responsible for the fiascoes out of office. Another point is that no Democrat wants to find out the truth about the Benghazi fiasco because President Obama got reelected and Hilary Clinton was able to keep her skirts clean for the 2116 election.
The fiasco is in Congress who has a considerably lower approval rating than the President and who likes to hold the country hostage while having tantrums.

Hopefully the voters won't forget that. Luckily many in Congress are getting up in years and may not be around to be voted back in.
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Captain

Default I agree that some of the fossils should be moved lout like Harry Reid

Quote:
The fiasco is in Congress who has a considerably lower approval rating than the President and who likes to hold the country hostage while having tantrums.

Hopefully the voters won't forget that. Luckily many in Congress are getting up in years and may not be around to be voted back in.
You can include among those who age is going to solve problems as it did with John Murtha and West Virginia's Senator Robert Byrd who were replaced by more capable men. But you can add to people who may be replaced in office by old age: Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Dick Durbine and his wing man Chuck Schummer, Barbara Boxer and her wingperson Diane Feinstein.
Old May 6th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Now, I agree that I did not want the Iraq war - but we are 6 years into Obama - isn't it time to get over Bush?

Get over Bush? Are you kidding?

People have not gotten over Nixon, Carter or Clinton. Some people still complain about Hoover.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 6th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
You can include among those who age is going to solve problems as it did with John Murtha and West Virginia's Senator Robert Byrd who were replaced by more capable men. But you can add to people who may be replaced in office by old age: Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Dick Durbine and his wing man Chuck Schummer, Barbara Boxer and her wingperson Diane Feinstein.
Probably should get rid of that orange guy, too. We all know orange is the new black.

Also any nepotists.