Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Social Security Agents packing Dirty Harry guns

Heard that Obama Administration was buying up huge stocks of ammo for the TSA to reduce the amount of ammo available to the public. Now this maybe paranoid speculation but here's a new theory that the Social Security Agnecy is buying 174,000 hollow-point bullets?

The bullets are for agents who investigate Social Security fraud.

According to Jonathan L. Lasher of the SSA’s inspector general office, these agents make arrests, execute search warrants and carry .357 caliber pistols. Most of the bullets — about 590 per agent for the upcoming fiscal year — will be used on the firing range.

Six hundred rounds per year for training, qualification and I would assume to carry on duty is not out of line at all,” said John W. Worden, director of the University of Missouri’s Law Enforcement Training Institute. “Hollow points are carried by law enforcement all over the country and are probably the preferred type of ammo no matter what caliber.”

Because they expand when they enter the body, hollow-point bullets are known to cause more tissue damage than other bullets. But hollow-points are preferred for duty ammunition because they stop when they hit an object instead of passing through it and striking more objects.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Admiral

The conspiracy theorists have brought this up annually for years.

Which year did you hear it?

Carnival Diamond Facebook Page Here (for people with 200+ sea days with Carnival)

NEXT: Carnival Sunshine, Aug 29, 2015

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...

Old May 16th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Admiral

There are many people out there putting out theories about many scary things going on in this world.

Personally, I am enjoying life too much to give a crap about that 'BS'.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas 2/21/16
- Celebrity Equinox .. 4/4/16
- Freedom of the Seas.. 12/30/16
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Heard that Obama Administration was buying up huge stocks of ammo for the TSA to reduce the amount of ammo available to the public. Now this maybe paranoid speculation but here's a new theory that the Social Security Agnecy is buying 174,000 hollow-point bullets?

The bullets are for agents who investigate Social Security fraud.

According to Jonathan L. Lasher of the SSA’s inspector general office, these agents make arrests, execute search warrants and carry .357 caliber pistols. Most of the bullets — about 590 per agent for the upcoming fiscal year — will be used on the firing range.

Six hundred rounds per year for training, qualification and I would assume to carry on duty is not out of line at all,” said John W. Worden, director of the University of Missouri’s Law Enforcement Training Institute. “Hollow points are carried by law enforcement all over the country and are probably the preferred type of ammo no matter what caliber.”

Because they expand when they enter the body, hollow-point bullets are known to cause more tissue damage than other bullets. But hollow-points are preferred for duty ammunition because they stop when they hit an object instead of passing through it and striking more objects.
This is Urban Myth and conjecture. Even the NRA admits that the ammo shortage is from citizens stock piling ammunition and more citizens shooting. The amount of ammo purchased is barely enough to cover training for government agents and is actually less than a few years ago.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Plus, Inspector Callahan carried a S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum.