Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Captain

Default Deja vue the Mariel boatlift

Have you tried to get into and out of Canada lately. First getting into Canada is monitored by the RCM. Getting out of Canada you have to get through the Homeland security check. Now I don't mind these inspections because I figure they are necessary to stop contraband etc. from coming into the United States. I sit and watch television and I see that 48000 juveniles have entered into the United States. I have gone into Mexico and I merely had to walk across a bridge. I don't recall any police asking questions on either side of the Mexican border.

After seeing the news stories about 48000 juveniles getting into the United States, and then President Obama ordering the release of immigrant women into the United States while they awaited processing.

I wondered what is going on. Here is a president who uses executive orders and signing statements to use lawerly tactics to get around laws that he does not like but will expand his political base. This president is leaving his mark on America, and it isn't a positive one. Its a mark of cutting legal corners and not worrying about the American public's will.

Carter did this kind of stunt with the Mariel boatlift.
The exodus started to have negative political implications for U.S. president Jimmy Carter when it was discovered that a number of the exiles had been released from Cuban jails and mental health facilities.
How could a president be so dumb to allow convicts and mental health patients flow into the U.S. without checking their records.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am so worried about the children. Not only the ones who have been told they get a free ride, but also US children.

It's going to be a long two years.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Captain

Default Yes close confinement could mean mass disease transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I am so worried about the children. Not only the ones who have been told they get a free ride, but also US children.

It's going to be a long two years.
I hadn't thought about it , but if these kids are being let into the US and not being vaccinated or screened for diseases they will be a threat to themselves and people they come in contact with. If they start to die while in the prison holding camps there will be mass international indignation. Then you will see the Obama spinners making a plea that they should be given first temporary and then permanent assylum.
Old June 17th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Admiral

AFAIK, there are still unmanned border crossings into Canada and in Winter, you can skate from one side to the other.