Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Captain

Default Arrogant administration federals say no to Neb. Govenor

Nebraska Vexed By Secrecy in Housing Illegals: Source today's WSJ
Nebraska's governor says 200 children who have entered the U.S. illegally were sent to his state this week without warning and that federal officials are refusing to give him their names and locations.

The Obama administration told McCain he can't take a phone into illegal immigrants holding area.

Seems like the executive branch is using muscle rather than brains.
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Sounds like brains and security to me. Besides, aren't you the one who called McCain a puppet of the administration?

Ever try using a phone in the security area during embarkation or debarkation? SOP.
Old July 13th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Captain

Default Sounds like the hell with state rights and Obama suprmacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Sounds like brains and security to me. Besides, aren't you the one who called McCain a puppet of the administration?

Ever try using a phone in the security area during embarkation or debarkation? SOP.
Anybody who tells the governor of a state he can't know who is in the state is a federal power jerk. This is worse than having unregistered voters perverting the democratic process.
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Anybody who tells the governor of a state he can't know who is in the state is a federal power jerk. This is worse than having unregistered voters perverting the democratic process.
Not as bad as some state governor power jerks who think they can tell the Federal Government to go to hell. They learn.

Nebraska has their hand out to the Federal government for funds, same as other states.

There's no free lunch.
Old July 14th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Woo Woo wait a minute. You say the states have their hands out!! The money the feds have is local money, sent to Washington to help America.

You have lost touch with reality.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 14th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Reality check to conservatives - many states get more in Federal money than they put into the system - sometimes a lot more - e.g. Tennessee.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

True.. LA, and the Sandy victims. What's you point?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Now wait just a minute. I finally looked into this and we ARE talking about children. CHILDREN. Minors. Do civilized people release the names of underage rape victims? Or old ones?

What purpose would it serve other than more political BS? A rhetorical question. Bush authorized in 2008.
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:32 PM
friedshrimp

Quote:
Now wait just a minute. I finally looked into this and we ARE talking about children. CHILDREN. Minors. Do civilized people release the names of underage rape victims? Or old ones?

What purpose would it serve other than more political BS? A rhetorical question. Bush authorized in 2008.
Illegal aliens are just that, illegal. Age is immaterial. The governor of NE should have the Guard units round up those illegal aliens and march them over to Obama's state of Illinois and drop them off on their side of the border.
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedshrimp View Post
Illegal aliens are just that, illegal. Age is immaterial. The governor of NE should have the Guard units round up those illegal aliens and march them over to Obama's state of Illinois and drop them off on their side of the border.
Innocent until proven guilty is the rule of law in this country.

Would you prefer an all expense paid vacation in Hawaii until status can be determined? Some birthers certainly did that at tax payers expense.
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:46 PM
friedshrimp

Quote:
Innocent until proven guilty is the rule of law in this country.

Would you prefer an all expense paid vacation in Hawaii until status can be determined? Some birthers certainly did that at tax payers expense.
Innocent until proven guilty is a status only provided to legal immigrants or natural born citizens of this country. The Constitution does not apply to people who are here illegally.

No, I prefer they be stopped at the border by whatever means necessary. If status cannot be verified within 24 hours for those found within these borders, illegal immigrants should be forceably removed from territorial lands.
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Innocent until proven guilty is a status only provided to legal immigrants or natural born citizens of this country. The Constitution does not apply to people who are here illegally.

No, I prefer they be stopped at the border by whatever means necessary. If status cannot be verified within 24 hours for those found within these borders, illegal immigrants should be forceably removed from territorial lands.

Once in the country, it is up to the US to prove that someone doesn't belong. Shall we tattoo or implant chips in those of us with legal status? No, we must prove guilt, not the other way around.

How convenient to say the Constitution doesn't apply. Clearly the Constitution didn't exist when the "founding fathers" invaded this land, conquering and murdering the original inhabitants.

Many who claim we are being invaded today had no problem with us invading Irag, Afghanistan, Grenada, the land of Native Americans, whatever.
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:22 AM
friedshrimp

Quote:
Once in the country, it is up to the US to prove that someone doesn't belong. Shall we tattoo or implant chips in those of us with legal status? No, we must prove guilt, not the other way around.

How convenient to say the Constitution doesn't apply. Clearly the Constitution didn't exist when the "founding fathers" invaded this land, conquering and murdering the original inhabitants.

Many who claim we are being invaded today had no problem with us invading Irag, Afghanistan, Grenada, the land of Native Americans, whatever.
Wow, you sure love to mix up your history. It's almost (I repeat almost) comical.

First, the "founding fathers" (a term used for the men who helped to create the US) where born around 1730 or so. None of the founding fathers were alive when we first came to this country, first by the Spanish in 1565 (bet you didn't know the English weren't the first to invade here, did you) and then by the English in 1585 (Sir Walter Raleigh, while he did not create the first permanent settlement, he was the first Brit here). So the founding fathers did not conquer or murder the original inhabitants. That lies with the British and Spanish. Go talk to them.

You want to compare fighting an enemy of the state such as Iraq to illegals coming to the US and staying? Since you made the comparison, how many Americans stayed to live an work in the Grenada........Iraq........Afghanistan.......witho ut the knowledge of the government and in violation of the laws of those lands? But I do agree, we should consider illegal aliens as enemies of the state since they violate the law of the land as soon as they step foot into this country.

No need to have a chip embedded, every legal alien is issued a "green card" just like the one my wife has (btw, it does have a chip in the card). That is why I specifically stated one would have 24 hours to produce their card and if not, straight to the border, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
Old July 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Familiar Face

[QUOTE=friedshrimp;1504108

No need to have a chip embedded, every legal alien is issued a "green card" just like the one my wife has (btw, it does have a chip in the card). That is why I specifically stated one would have 24 hours to produce their card and if not, straight to the border, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll play along. I get picked up and don't have any id on me and refuse to produce any id. Having been born in the '50's there are no finger prints on record for me. I tell who ever it is that picked me up that I'm from Brazil. Where do they send me?
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Admiral

I am not required to prove my innocence. You are required to prove my guilt. I cannot be compelled to help you do that.

We are supposed to be a civilized nation, but certainly aren't behaving like one.

On history, we could go back much further. The Native Americans didn't come from outer space. Somewhere in between, Vikings might have visited. Who cares?
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:41 PM
friedshrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSefton View Post
Ok, I'll play along. I get picked up and don't have any id on me and refuse to produce any id. Having been born in the '50's there are no finger prints on record for me. I tell who ever it is that picked me up that I'm from Brazil. Where do they send me?
If you claim to be from Brazil and "refuse" to produce an ID, I'd drop you off about 12 miles off the coast (International waters). From that point, you'd be on your own. Makes you want to rethink that refusal to cooperate, doesn't it?
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:44 PM
friedshrimp

Quote:
I am not required to prove my innocence. You are required to prove my guilt. I cannot be compelled to help you do that.

We are supposed to be a civilized nation, but certainly aren't behaving like one.

On history, we could go back much further. The Native Americans didn't come from outer space. Somewhere in between, Vikings might have visited. Who cares?
Your refusal to produce proper documentation IS proving your guilt. Enough said. You'd be gone.

I believe in civilization until people use that to make it an uncivilized world. Illegal aliens expect the US to follows it's own laws when the people here illegally do not do the same. No sympathy for people like that (citizens or otherwise) and no remorse for what happens to them.
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
If you claim to be from Brazil and "refuse" to produce an ID, I'd drop you off about 12 miles off the coast (International waters). From that point, you'd be on your own. Makes you want to rethink that refusal to cooperate, doesn't it?
Leave me a radio to call the Coast Guard for rescue.

Good thing barbarians are in the minority in this country.
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
friedshrimp

Quote:

Yes, Vikings visited Canada in about 1000AD. Native Americans are not native either. They came across the land bridge between North America and Russia which is now the Bering Strait. They also killed of a civilization that was living in the area of New Mexico and Arizona at that time. Therefore, they themselves did 12,000 years ago what the Spanish and English did 400 years ago. How's that for Karma?
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, Vikings visited Canada in about 1000AD. Native Americans are not native either. They came across the land bridge between North America and Russia which is now the Bering Strait. They also killed of a civilization that was living in the area of New Mexico and Arizona at that time. Therefore, they themselves did 12,000 years ago what the Spanish and English did 400 years ago. How's that for Karma?
The circle will be complete when the USA disappears. No government has stood the test of time and ours won't be the first. How's that for karma? !
Old July 17th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Captain

Default The end of the Obama administration will not end the US

Quote:
The circle will be complete when the USA disappears. No government has stood the test of time and ours won't be the first. How's that for karma? !
We shall see if the government of the United States continues especially in the face of the continuation of unsound executive policies like disregard for the law of the US, out of control federal agencies, illegal immigrants and unregistered voters.
Old July 17th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
We shall see if the government of the United States continues especially in the face of the continuation of unsound executive policies like disregard for the law of the US, out of control federal agencies, illegal immigrants and unregistered voters.
There is no doubt that the alarmist posts by the right will continue long after they lose the next Presidential election.
Old July 18th, 2014, 12:02 PM
friedshrimp

Quote:
There is no doubt that the alarmist posts by the right will continue long after they lose the next Presidential election.
There you go with the ludicrous statements that have no basis in fact though you wish to attempt to say them as if they are fact. You may hope and wish the Republicans lose the next Presidential election but you have no crystal ball and in reality, you haven't got a clue.

What is really a crying shame is that the first person I have to put on my ignore list for their outlandish political statements is the same person who has helped many newbie cruisers with their cruise information. What a shame you can;t leave your politics at home instead of spewing them on a cruise website. It seems that since you couldn't get CM to remove this section, you decided to abuse it with political gibberish. As I stated before, rather childish in my opinion.

One last opinion of mine that I will leave you with (based on an earlier post of yours)........how in the world does someone who has the ability to cruise multiple times a year need Obamacare??? The thought is truly amazing!
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
There you go with the ludicrous statements that have no basis in fact though you wish to attempt to say them as if they are fact. You may hope and wish the Republicans lose the next Presidential election but you have no crystal ball and in reality, you haven't got a clue.

What is really a crying shame is that the first person I have to put on my ignore list for their outlandish political statements is the same person who has helped many newbie cruisers with their cruise information. What a shame you can;t leave your politics at home instead of spewing them on a cruise website. It seems that since you couldn't get CM to remove this section, you decided to abuse it with political gibberish. As I stated before, rather childish in my opinion.

One last opinion of mine that I will leave you with (based on an earlier post of yours)........how in the world does someone who has the ability to cruise multiple times a year need Obamacare??? The thought is truly amazing!
Blah blah blah Right Wing Blah blah blah.

Uninsurable is uninsurable. How many cruises one takes is not part of the application process. But speaking of childish, how childish is it of the GOP to keep whining about Obamacare and to keep wasting taxpayer's money trying to overturn what they will never have the votes to do?

I don't need a crystal ball. The GOP continues to be in denial and clueless. They still don't get it. They may be "right" but they aren't right for America.