Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old July 17th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default Good Book:“Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed”

Recommended book by objective writer.

"Much more disturbing is that half a century after the civil rights battles were fought and won, liberalism remains much more inter*ested in making excuses for blacks than in reevaluating efforts to help them.
Jason L. Riley is the author of “Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed” (Encounter Books), out now."
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old July 18th, 2014, 01:44 AM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

Objective writer? He is a conservative and a Fox news contributor.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old July 18th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default Read the book than you can comment on writer's thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Objective writer? He is a conservative and a Fox news contributor.
Making a decision on a book's valued with out reading the book and basing a meaningless comment on a person's occupation reflects the quality of the person's thought process and open mindedness.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old July 18th, 2014, 01:07 PM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Making a decision on a book's valued with out reading the book and basing a meaningless comment on a person's occupation reflects the quality of the person's thought process and open mindedness.
Can't judge a book by its cover? Of course you can. Many conservatives have done just that in this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old July 19th, 2014, 07:08 AM
friedshrimp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Recommended book by objective writer.

"Much more disturbing is that half a century after the civil rights battles were fought and won, liberalism remains much more inter*ested in making excuses for blacks than in reevaluating efforts to help them.
Jason L. Riley is the author of “Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed” (Encounter Books), out now."
It's not just blacks. Liberals don't want anyone to be a success on their own. Making people reliant on the government keeps the government large and powerful and in control of your life.......just the way the Libs like it.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old July 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

Right wingers want to keep everyone down. The rich and powerful excepted of course. If it was up to right wingers, only rich white males would be allowed to vote.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default How dumb: only rich white males allowed to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Right wingers want to keep everyone down. The rich and powerful excepted of course. If it was up to right wingers, only rich white males would be allowed to vote.
Where are the facts that prove what right wingers think and what their pholosophy is. Blatant carpet statements without the support of truth is dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old July 20th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Where are the facts that prove what right wingers think and what their pholosophy is. Blatant carpet statements without the support of truth is dumb.
Maybe you can answer a question for me. Why is it that you chose to make this statement about Zydecocruiser's post and yet skipped right over the previous post by friedshrimp where he/she makes equally "blatant carpet statements" about liberals? Are only people that have opinions that you agree with allowed to make unprovable statements?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old July 20th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default Each person has the right to their opinion and to make comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSefton View Post
Maybe you can answer a question for me. Why is it that you chose to make this statement about Zydecocruiser's post and yet skipped right over the previous post by friedshrimp where he/she makes equally "blatant carpet statements" about liberals? Are only people that have opinions that you agree with allowed to make unprovable statements?
Friedfish made a statement which Zydeocruiser responded to and I chose to respond to that comment. If you wish to respond to the comments of friedshrimp, Zydeocruiser or mine than do it. This is the beauty of this site. You have the freedom to make comments and express your opinion.
Please do so if you have a valid point to be made.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:00 PM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

Friedfish is appropriate.

The right wing continues to be in denial. They go out of their way to alienate minorities (and possible majorities) of all kinds and then wonder why they lose elections. You can't fix stupid.

It is safe to say that this "objective" author is out of touch with the majority.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:32 AM
friedshrimp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Where are the facts that prove what right wingers think and what their pholosophy is. Blatant carpet statements without the support of truth is dumb.
What do you expect from someone who seems to wake up every morning just to come onto a cruising website to spew idiotic political rhetoric? Do you know anyone who gets up every morning, goes to a political website and spew cruising rhetoric?? Of course, I'm sure the reason they do it is because they couldn't get their way. The person wanted this section of the boards shut down and when it wasn't, they got upset and decided to get away with spewing as much garbage as they possibly could........kind of like a kid throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:38 AM
friedshrimp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSefton View Post
Maybe you can answer a question for me. Why is it that you chose to make this statement about Zydecocruiser's post and yet skipped right over the previous post by friedshrimp where he/she makes equally "blatant carpet statements" about liberals? Are only people that have opinions that you agree with allowed to make unprovable statements?
Actually, I do not believe my statement is a blanket carpet statement. I cannot remember a Republican president who has ever continuously spewed how government is the fix for everything, how bigger government is better government, how the government will take care of you (at taxpayer expense) when you don't feel like taking care of yourself. Democrats, however constantly state this, both with their words and actions.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

Yes, the GOP would love to get rid of the safety nets we have already paid for so they can squander that money.

The rich don't want any more competition - make the poor even more destitute and eliminate the middle class.

Get the government out of the way so the wealthy can enslave the rest of the population.

That's the GOP way!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old July 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default New TSA tax is in time to save TSA due to illegal immigrant problem

The TSA new tax kicks in today. How fortunate for the TSA because the head of the TSA has been crying in Congressional hearings his organization was going to run out of money in August due to illegal immigration problem.

I know that the majority of the tax will be used to start pay off the US debt,
but I think it is ironic that a part of the tax will also pay for the TSA to stop illegal immigration and Obama and his flunkies didn't even think of this when they voted for the tax.

The Keystone project is another Obama administration block to progress and job growth which is going to backfire on his administration as other countries push the US to export oil and gas to Europe to circumvent Putin's control of Europe's gas tank.

Last edited by bonnyprincecharlie; July 21st, 2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: edit typo
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old July 21st, 2014, 04:40 PM
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedshrimp View Post
Liberals don't want anyone to be a success on their own.
This isn't a "blatant carpet statement" (BCS)? Then I guess you"ll be able so show me some proof. Remember, to not be a "BCS" you must prove every liberal believes this. The point I was trying to make is that bonnyprincecharlie complains about "BCS's" but only when it about something he disagrees with. Are there some liberals act as if your statement is true? Sure. Are there some right wingers that act as if Zydecocruiser's statements are true? Sure. But neither of these things have to do with my post. Which through a bit of rhetoric pointed out the lack of consistence of Bonnyprincecharlie's issue with BCS.

I would also like to point out that this particular area of Cruisemates website is for discussions of politics. So though you may not agree with someone else's opinions, this is the proper forum to post them. And I also notice that you come to this forum to post your opinions and not to some political website. Is it ok for you but not for anyone else? That's a rhetorical question btw.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:15 PM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

The next time I see TSA at a border crossing will be the first time. What rubbish to suggest they have anything to do with immigration.

As for oil and gas, if we need to cut off supplies to Republican states to supply Europe, it is a small price to pay. But again, rubbish. Just more alarmist propaganda.

One would think the Bush regime would have at least negotiated for free oil and gas for our troops fighting the wag the dog wars, but no, the US is being robbed with prices rivaling retail in the US. Halliburton is probably happy, though.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:46 PM
friedshrimp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSefton View Post
This isn't a "blatant carpet statement" (BCS)? Then I guess you"ll be able so show me some proof. Remember, to not be a "BCS" you must prove every liberal believes this. The point I was trying to make is that bonnyprincecharlie complains about "BCS's" but only when it about something he disagrees with. Are there some liberals act as if your statement is true? Sure. Are there some right wingers that act as if Zydecocruiser's statements are true? Sure. But neither of these things have to do with my post. Which through a bit of rhetoric pointed out the lack of consistence of Bonnyprincecharlie's issue with BCS.

I would also like to point out that this particular area of Cruisemates website is for discussions of politics. So though you may not agree with someone else's opinions, this is the proper forum to post them. And I also notice that you come to this forum to post your opinions and not to some political website. Is it ok for you but not for anyone else? That's a rhetorical question btw.
I never stated this area of CM was not for political discussions (and more correctly....for the discussion of anything, hence the term Open Debate). that being said, there can be abuse of anything. No different than a smoker sitting in the casino playing 1 penny a minute on a penny slot while chain smoking away. Are they within their rights to do so, of course. Are they abusing the rules in place, of course. It is the same with someone who's 50+ posts in the last month on a cruise website equals about 2 posts that have to do with cruising and about 48 political rhetoric posts. That really is abuse of the system.

Since an exception to the rule can be found in most every statement ever made, then based on your opinion, every statement ever made is a BCS. No, one does not have to prove that every single person on God's green earth believes in the statement, only that a majority of people fit the statement. Where I live (and one particular cruiser here), the statement I about liberals portrays their beliefs with about 80% or so accuracy. If you wish to attempt to disprove that, you are free to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:38 AM
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedshrimp View Post
I never stated this area of CM was not for political discussions (and more correctly....for the discussion of anything, hence the term Open Debate). that being said, there can be abuse of anything. No different than a smoker sitting in the casino playing 1 penny a minute on a penny slot while chain smoking away. Are they within their rights to do so, of course. Are they abusing the rules in place, of course. It is the same with someone who's 50+ posts in the last month on a cruise website equals about 2 posts that have to do with cruising and about 48 political rhetoric posts. That really is abuse of the system.

Since an exception to the rule can be found in most every statement ever made, then based on your opinion, every statement ever made is a BCS. No, one does not have to prove that every single person on God's green earth believes in the statement, only that a majority of people fit the statement. Where I live (and one particular cruiser here), the statement I about liberals portrays their beliefs with about 80% or so accuracy. If you wish to attempt to disprove that, you are free to do so.
I don't think you understand my point. I have no problem with your statement. I was just using it to point out that Bonnyprincecharlie only noticed a BCS when it didn't agree with his point of view.

And as for Zydecocruiser's post record, be happy. On another cruise website under a different name he is just as annoying on the Carnival threads. At least he was up until about 8 months ago. Sorry Sarge.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default Some BCS's don't warrant a response. That is my perogative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSefton View Post
I don't think you understand my point. I have no problem with your statement. I was just using it to point out that Bonnyprincecharlie only noticed a BCS when it didn't agree with his point of view.

And as for Zydecocruiser's post record, be happy. On another cruise website under a different name he is just as annoying on the Carnival threads. At least he was up until about 8 months ago. Sorry Sarge.
I feel some BCS's don't warrant a response. That is my perogative. Sometimes I feel that another person such as Friedshrimp will give a better more articulate response which is better than any one I can cobble together due to shortage of time. As to Zydecocruiser's past record I will not comment. What does upset me is the one line zingers that are sent in which although sometimes appropriate seem to be just a way for some individuals to get their quotas in for online comments.

Mea coupa for my shortcomings.

Last edited by bonnyprincecharlie; July 23rd, 2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: extra thought
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old July 23rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

Personal attacks are always a sign of weakness. Trying to change the subject from the message to the messenger, however invalid, fools no one.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old July 23rd, 2014, 11:14 AM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,505
Default

I do find one liners are clear, concise, and too the point, especially when one's time truly is valuable.

There apparently are those who feel that short and sweet are insufficient and prefer to write long winded and boring responses when really one or two sentences will do.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Default "EARTH has its boundaries, but human stupidity is limitless," wrote Gustave Flaubert.

"EARTH has its boundaries, but human stupidity is limitless," wrote Gustave Flaubert. I have to agree with Flaubert. I see it demonstrated everyday.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What would Liberals do to defend Obama if he was white? Paul Motter Open Debate 9 May 3rd, 2014 10:05 PM
Help me make a good decision mayesq Norwegian Cruise Lines 10 March 1st, 2014 04:58 PM
Liberals, would you vote for this Republican? Marsdude Open Debate 16 January 27th, 2013 02:03 PM
Do Liberals understand the danger of what is happening? Paul Motter Open Debate 31 January 5th, 2013 09:47 PM
Make it stop!! Trip Flying To Your Cruise 33 June 3rd, 2012 07:39 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.
design by: Themes by Design



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1