Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

Old February 25th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Default Florida school shooting

Does anyone have an opinion about regulation of guns especially after the horrific killings last week ?

One of my neighbors in Brooklyn has a best friend who moved to Fla with his family to get away from the crime in NYC. His friends grand daughter died in the shooting.
Old February 26th, 2018, 04:15 AM
Captain

I live in Japan.
We generally don't have guns here.
We cannot buy a pellet gun without a special government permit.
We cannot buy a samurai sword without a special government permit.
We cannot buy a large hunting knife without a special government permit.

We can buy a gun if we choose, but we must take a government approved safe gun handling course, and store the gun in a government approved secure gun safe in our house. This gun safe is inspected by Japanese government inspectors once every year.

With a population of about 130 million, in the past ten years, about 20 people have been killed by guns. Most of them were criminals. All of them were Japanese - not foreign immigrants.

Thus far, despite the absence of guns in civilian hands, the Chinese, Russians, Koreans, and Americans have not attempted to invade and enslave us.

And despite the absence of guns in civilian hands, the Japanese Government has not attempted to take over and put us all in concentration camps.

I live in Central Tokyo - the largest city on Earth at 42 million people. I have not locked the front door to my house in 27 years.

What are you doing wrong in America?
Old February 26th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Default It is not all of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
I live in Japan.
We generally don't have guns here.
We cannot buy a pellet gun without a special government permit.
We cannot buy a samurai sword without a special government permit.
We cannot buy a large hunting knife without a special government permit.

We can buy a gun if we choose, but we must take a government approved safe gun handling course, and store the gun in a government approved secure gun safe in our house. This gun safe is inspected by Japanese government inspectors once every year.

With a population of about 130 million, in the past ten years, about 20 people have been killed by guns. Most of them were criminals. All of them were Japanese - not foreign immigrants.

Thus far, despite the absence of guns in civilian hands, the Chinese, Russians, Koreans, and Americans have not attempted to invade and enslave us.

And despite the absence of guns in civilian hands, the Japanese Government has not attempted to take over and put us all in concentration camps.

I live in Central Tokyo - the largest city on Earth at 42 million people. I have not locked the front door to my house in 27 years.

What are you doing wrong in America?
I lived in NYC all my life till it got to the point where I could not walk a block without getting mugged.
I moved to a town in NY ,population 32,000.
In the 15 years that I have been living here there has not been one crime of violence . We do not have a police force.
The only crime here is occasionally a shoplifting .
For me this is paradise ,however people chose to move to Florida because they cannot tolerate the cold winter.
Old February 28th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Admiral

Fewer guns result in less gun crime. Civilized nations around the world have proven it over and over. The solution is not more guns.

Arming teachers? Absurd. To see how stupid that is, consider the recent shooting BY a teacher. We must now arm students!

Done:

Carnival Horizon Transatlantic

Carnival Splendor Panama Canal

Royal Princess

Vision of the Seas

Carnival Miracle Alaska

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...
Old March 2nd, 2018, 08:02 PM
Admiral

In my opinion all schools should have metal detectors .I have a daughter who teachers in a school in a very high crime area . They have metal detectors and nobody has ever tried to bring a weapon into the school.
The entrances to the school are locked .Anyone wishing to enter must show their drivers license to am outside security camera and advise why they wish to enter.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 04:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
In my opinion all schools should have metal detectors .I have a daughter who teachers in a school in a very high crime area . They have metal detectors and nobody has ever tried to bring a weapon into the school.
The entrances to the school are locked .Anyone wishing to enter must show their drivers license to am outside security camera and advise why they wish to enter.

SAD! It didn't get like that overnight. Need to start immediately with gun control, stop idiotic debate over opioid addiction, offer free rehab and job training, free education, and stop the right wing bigoted BS.

Done:

Carnival Horizon Transatlantic

Carnival Splendor Panama Canal

Royal Princess

Vision of the Seas

Carnival Miracle Alaska

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...
Old April 19th, 2018, 06:21 AM
Familiar Face

Why does US give gun to unstable minds to make them easily taking other innocent lives ? Why do the profits are better than people ?