Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Passenger

Default Uniworld river cruise in the "South of France

Hello - My husbancd and I have cruised a great deal but never on a river cruise. We are booked on the south of france cruise on April 27. I am curious if anyone has had experience with this line or specificaly this cruise and would appreciate any info you might have. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2002, 12:26 AM
jayzee99

Default Re: Uniworld river cruise in the "South of Fr

Kathleen: We are booked on Uniworld for the Russian River Cruise in August. I would love to hear your comments when you return. Have a great trip.

Steve
mrlndr@aol.com
Old February 24th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Wm Barr

Default Re: Uniworld river cruise in the "South of Fr

Yes, we were on this cruise last year same time. The ship was new, staff still learning. Dining room left much to be desired. Lost weight. Buy your own wine ashore for dinner. Definitely not French cuisine. I wish we had gone ashore for evening meals. The weather and sun were glorious the whole time. Lilacs were in bloom. Fine shore excursions. Rooms were nice, all picture windows. Very small bath. Paper thin walls. Have fun!
Old March 17th, 2002, 10:45 AM
bernie S

Default Re: Uniworld river cruise in the "South of France

Hi:
We took the Uniworld Chalon to Erles cruise last September...it was delightful!
The ship was clean and rooms were nice; the food was acceptable considering that it wasnt a huge ocean liner with gourmet menus...there were enough choices off the menu for everyone. All excursions were included and they were good. The ship docks right in the city and you can walk into the heart of town only a couple blocks; it is fun buying wine in the cities and drinking it with the dinner meals. The river is smooth; there is plenty to observe of the shoreline.....it is a wonderful way to see southern France.
We are going on UNIWORLD'S Holland cruise in May...tulip time....and look forward to another satisfactory cruise with them.
Old May 27th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Uniworld river cruise in the "South of France

We plan on doing the 16-day Yantze/China River cruises and wanted to know if anyone out there has done this cruise and want to know their opinion of the cruise lines, accomodations, tours, food etc. Thanks Louise