Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2002, 02:40 PM
BernieS

Default River Cruises-UNIWORLD

Has anyone gone on the UNIWORLD River Cruises in Portugal or Northern Italy?
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2002, 09:37 PM
jayzee99

Default Re: River Cruises-UNIWORLD

I just came back from Uniworld Russia on the Litvinov- FANTASTIC!! Would highly recommend this trip with this ship. The crew was absolutly fabulous- the best crew of any cruise we ever took (around 20 cruises). Russia was a wonderful experience and both Moscow and St. Petersburg were clean, beautiful cities. The five ports in between were very quaint and interesting. See Russia before it becomes just another European city.
I would NOT recommend the Uniworld Northern Italy cruise. Have heard Bad things about this one and the ship.
Good luck!
Steve
Old September 10th, 2002, 04:57 PM
BernieS

Default Re: Re: River Cruises-UNIWORLD

Thanks for the note, Steve!
I've been to St. Petersburg on the Renaissance cruise of the Baltic...but your riverboat trip sounds wonderful! Thanks for the tip on the Italy cruise...I think UNIWORLD just leases the boat but lets another company run the cruise.
I'm still trying to get some info from a past traveler on the Portugal UNIWORLD riverboat cruise. Riverboating is great, isnt it?
Old March 7th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: River Cruises-UNIWORLD

I also read a bad review of Uniworld Italy - River Po cruise. It was a couple of years ago. And I think it was the first season for this cruise. Uniworld is now changing the shiplines they use so if it's a different ship - that can make a big difference.

We went on Uniworld last June - Amsterdam to Basel. Wonderful time. Only problem was the ship which was leased and an older one. Had Engine problems. They are no longer using that ship. Have started their own shipline and using one of them.

Janice