Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Passenger

Default Lost Lugggage

Went on Explorer of the Seas 11/1-11/8 (Had a great time!) But upon Dis-embarking we were missing 1 piece of luggage. I was told by Royal Carribean that automatically in 2 weeks we will be sent a claim form.

It looks like from what I can see we are only entitled to $300 per person as I don't have the extra insurance.

That's ok because I cannot for the life of me figure out what is in there other then dirty clothes from my 14 year old stepson which probably won't fit him next year anyway.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2003, 05:18 PM
Eugenia

Default Re: Lost Lugggage

I had a sort of similar situation except in reverese-the airline lost my luggage on the way there. So, needless to say I had no clothes! The pursers desk was kind enough to give me a tolietry ag and 2 shipshape t-shirts to use. We flew into Orlando and were going on the Sovereign. This meant that my clothes only had one chance to show up when the boat left-the next day in Nassau. The airline rep assured me it would be there by oh, 1 PM tha day. So, hubby and I went to downtown Nassau and bought some expensive unders, pricey shorts, a khaki skirt, a "dressy" black skirt, black sandals, clear dress sandals, and a black top. I figured I could make it through with this much. I couldn't find a swimsuit ANYWHERE!! I gave up onon the swimsuit and held off on formal wear, hoping it would be on the boat. We went back to the boat at like 1:30 PM and nothing. I had seen a cute formal outfit in the ship's store, but it was pricey. We went to Paradise island and had to buy a very pricey swimsuit since the next day was Cococay day. Back to the ship, I sucked it up and got a beaded top and dressy chiffon pants to wear from the store. I was feeling a tad better about the situation, and hubby and I went to the Captain's champagne reception. We each had several. Then we popped by the cabin before dinner, and low and behold, my suitcase had made it at 8 that night! I was so happy! On a sad note though, I had spent several hundred dollars in clothes (no Target's in sight for me to buy from) and will be getting $25 back. My friend and her child and husband were on the same flight that we were on from Lexington to Atlanta. They went to Naples and we went to Orlando. We sat at the gate in LEX because we had "too much fuel and were to heavy". Needless to say, my friend's child's suitcase was a no show in Naples as were several other persons who went to Naples. What have I learned from all of this 1) Cross pack!!! 2) Carry on some pantaloons to say the least!
Old November 24th, 2003, 09:20 AM
First Mate

I went on a cruise last Jan. with AIRTRANSAT...& my suitcase was torn apart when I arrived...my contact lenses were missin,my good sunglasses wer broken,my bottles of lens solution& suntan lotion had broke open & so did the plastic bag they were in so all my clothes were soiled. In Miami where we landed we had a hard time finding anyone to explain the situation to,& with our bus waitin,,,,,they finally put my suitcase in a plastic bag & told us that the form would cover the damages etc.Well I call AIRTRANSAT when I arrived home & was told to take my bag to a repair shop & it would be decided upon if it was to be replaced or not.....well that bag never flew again...I left it on the ship it was useless.....then i tried to get some compensation for the loss of my belongings etc. I have yet to this day received anything from them ....so after several e-mails etc I figured it is never gonna happen ....I have decided to just take carry-ons with everything in them from now on!!!! It is harder to pack but it can be done!!!!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
bsumner

Yes, but we got our luggage back intact within a week.