Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Goff

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MSC

Hi,
I just booked the Nov. 15th transatlantic cruise. I agree, the reservationists are horrible. They need to go to customer service school. I am thinking of cancelling - if they represent the treatment we will receive on baord, I don't want to go.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:41 PM
mally boston

Default Re: MSC

I am planning a trip in Feb 2005 on the Msc are there any recent comments on the cri
cruise. Or is the same meaning all Neg.
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:11 PM
judy sg

Default Re: MSC..Opera

we have booked a western Caribbean cruise on the Opera in Dec....after reading these reviews I must admit to being very apprehensive...has anyone got anything good to say about this line or the Opera?
Old October 26th, 2004, 10:50 AM
sjolly

we are booked for an 11 day January 24 on the Lirica - again - I agree - I am apprehensive - anyone got any recent, good news about the ship??
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Diane Chamless

Default Re: Re: MSC

I am sure you will both have a wonderful time . I wish I were going along with you . . I can say the Lobster was the worst I have ever had but I heard that has changed . I talked to someone from Msc and they did say they made a lot of changes to the food . I think that was the main complaint from most people . We were on the Lirica but would also like to go on the Opera. Have fun and go with a good attitude.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Dennis Agnew

I have read all these comments against MSC and I think these people like to bloviate a lot.

They are dreaming with their eyes open and they stop being objective and pragmatist.
They say that the food was not good.I disagree.Do you know of any other line that the food is good with the exception of..possibly Silver Sea?I know none.Most of the cruise lines have converted a deluxe product into an one dollar dinner.

I have read about the comments concerning the reservation persons.Yes,maybe some people do not know how to handle a converstion,but what is the cruise line that has a better attitude?NONE.I have tried several times to talk to some employees but it is a fact with a negative possibility.You can talk to NOBODY in the USA.The communication is done ONLY through an automated answering service and you can contact someone only if you have a postal pigeon.

The attitude of the sales people,in most of the cruise lines?Oh it is a joke.Today you pay 1000 $ for a cruise and when you are on board you fine out that you are an idiot since some other people who bought their tickets later than you,they paid 40%,50%,60%,less than what I had paid.This is what I call a financial raping.

I will talk about the atmosphere on most of the cruise lines.If you have on board a ship over 200 passengers,what kind of...atmosphere are we talking about?This is a panegyris not a cruise.

Let us be realistic.There is no cruise line that fulfills the standards of " a cruise "as people have dreamt about it before they go on board.
The before and after is an abysmak chaos.

The cruise has ONLY one advavtage.You can see many places,in a short time and it does cost less than paying for a hotel and for a ticket.
If you think that a hotel costs at minimum 100 $ per day and you need another 50 dollars for an ascetic breakfast,lunch and dinner,then going on a cruise,where all the meals are included,at a daily cost of 70 $,then it is a free trip.
Old December 11th, 2004, 04:19 PM
franny

I went on a cruise with the MSC Armonia in november and I really enjoyed it.The food was good,the crew very nice(!).But to be honest,at day it can get very boring on board because there is no action.But instead of that,I loved it.
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:38 PM
joseph

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MSC

We are interested in cruising on the Lirica for their May 2nd trip from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. to Rome. After reading all these comments, we are hesitating. WOuld you please give me the telephone number of the N.J. Office. Have you also heard any more recent comments. Thanks.
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:53 AM
Maurice

Default Re: Re: MSC

Hi

We also are booked on the 1/24...11 day cruise. We have cruised MANY times, and especially enjoy Transatlantic itineraries. I hope all these negative comments are not true.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
bsumner

Well, I hope your experience will be better than ours. This cruise line was horrible. The waiters were rude and the cruise director was not friendly nor many of the crew, you never got the food you ordered; if you ordered it they expected you to eat it whether you liked it or not. The shows were very amature - they did not have a band they lip sinked to the DVD or whatever, by the end of the show the costumes were coming off and all the women wore were Las Vegas style, very revealing. I would never never go with them again. We have cruised 13 times and this line was just unbelieveable. BOok with someone else preferably Royal Caribbean.