Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Default repositioning cruises

I am curious about "repositioning sailings" is there I section on the CM board re: these sailings - I looked and it seems the info is spread out all over the place....

my first question, is how do you find out when a cruise is going to be a repositioning cruise?
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Default Repositionng Cruises

We area big fan of repo cruises.. great value foryour $$.. The ones we go on have been and are the Celebrity., We are doing the Galaxy from Barceona to San Juan via Morocco, Canary Islands, Antigua, Barbados, St. Martin and ending in San Juan in December. with days at sea.. You can do the west coast through the Panama Canal through to Florida.. On the cruise line sites check for transitioning cruises... All the lines have them, RC, NCL, Holland American, Carnival, etc.
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Beginner

We are going on one next Sunday (Sept. 23) from Vancouver-L.A. We stop in Victoria, Astoria, a day at sea, San Fransisco and Catalina Island, then to L.A. My parents did this last year and loved it so much that they wanted us to come too! They usually do 2 a year, one at the end of April or beginning of May on the way to Alaska, and then at the end of September on the way through L.A. back to the warmer climates!
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Captain

You can do a search on a cruise company site it will give you all the REPO or TA cruises
try vacationstogo.com
Old April 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Beginner

Default REPOSITIONING CRUISES

Hi -

I am a fan of freestyle cruising, and therefore, an NCL cruiser. Have taken two repositioning cruises with them that left out of NYC and ended in Miami. Both were wonderful.

Check their website......
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Default True Repositioning Cruises

The hottest repositioning cruise is for a ship that hasnt even been been built yet.. the Celebrity Equinox.. cruising from Rome to Ft. lauderdale.. On a lark on another board in talking about a Septembert 08 repo cruise on the Celebrity Constellation they talked about the Equnox..well one thing led to another and the price pre-advertising was so ridiculous that Parrot Pop said to "book it I can only tell you as of the site this a.m...the price for a cabin with a veranda has jumped like a Mexican jumping bean.. Suites sold out, AFT cabins gone (favorite of some), suites gone.. and its not untl 2009. This is a two week trans-atlantic cruise. You just have to go to a cruise site and punch in TRANS-ATLANTIC.. and according to the travel magazines.. trans-atlantic and re-positioning cruises are the best buy and another reason why the cruise lines are racing to get their ships to Europe..
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Captain

We're looking forward to our repositioning cruise on the Constellation, September 9...out of Barcelona!
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Default REPOSITIONING CRUISES

We are off on another repositioning cruise.. they are either at the end or the beginning of the season Check it itineraries of various cruise lines...we are on Celebrity Constellation and next year the new Celebrity Equinox.. We find it is better to go from Europe to the US rather than theother way around parrotmom@verizon.net
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Passenger

Default Balcony on repositioning cruise?

I am thinking about taking a repositioning cruise with a friend in April from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. We will have six days at sea. I have never been on a repositioning cruise before, but love having a balcony on other cruises. Are you able to take advantage of a balcony in the middle of the Atlantic in April? If you cannot sit outside by the pool, what kinds of things do you do during the day?
Thank you
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Default East to West

We have only gone from Europe to the US. Those who have done it the opposite way say by the time they get off the cruise they are exhauted.. We do our touring in Europe and then spend the rest of the days at sea.. We have always been able to sit by the pool and the whirlpool coming back.. What is there to do on the ship..what is there not, ...movies, cultural lectures, wine tasting, art auctions, sales, a library, and whatever else you would like.. I could go on and on.. On the other hand.. I like "contemplating my navel"..lol..just sitting and reading a book. I have always been able to use the balconies on the way back from Europe..delightful.. For me.. I enjoy the fall and early D ecember in Europe (still very warm) and the ships hug the coast where the weather and sea are warm.. We have left from Barcelona three tiimes.. If you do take Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona.. there is great h otel you might want to stay at and so much to see.. we even have a private english speaking guide.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much. If we decide to go to Barcelona I will contact you. I wonder why people are exhausted when they go from Florida to Europe? I was looking at the weather in April and it seems that it does not go any higher than 60.
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Familiar Face

I'm taking my first transatlantic cruise from Rome in November and wondering - how is entertainment on 14-days cruise? Especially on 6 days in the sea when they can't pick up and drop off performers every day?