Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Beginner

Default Bermuda, St. Goerge or King Wharf?

We are planning our first cruise to Bermuda and wondered if anyone knew which port was the better one to choos?
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

We are going in July and will be at KingsWharf. But, you can easily go to all three areas no matter which port you are...by bus about an hour across, and about 45 mins by Ferry. We are only in Bermuda for 2 days,but should be enough time to see most of what we want to...Dot
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Beginner

Im going to Bermuda in June and I have been docked at all 3 port one time or another. I have to say the best port is Hamilton by far! There is just a lot more to do. They have lots of great shops night clubs and bars all with thin walking distance! But I love the island so ill take whatever I get and this year it Kings Wharf!!
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Beginner

Default FAVORITE BERMUDA PORT

My favorite port in Bermuda is without a doubt, St. Georges and that is where we are crusing too again this year. Tobacco Bay is absolutely breathtaking! Planning on getting over to Hamilton for a day - browsing the shops again and grabbing a bus to the beach. Will bypass Kings Wharf as I didn't care for that port the first time around.

Old April 13th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Default St. George

St.George is a charming little town on the West Side..with windy and cobble stoned streets..There are high speed ferries to take you to Hamilton or the Dock Yard..The ideal would be to spend a day or two or three in St. George and a day or two in Hamilton or the Dockyard.Large mega ships cannot dock in St. George because of the ''cut in the rock' Hamilton reminds me of other islands with thousands of cruisers getting off the ships.. sadly, most of the favorite shops are gone..
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Passenger

We have stayed in Bermuda and have been to all three ports. Although Hamilton is the best, not many ships that are sailing to Bermuda from NY are docking there. St. George is charming and Kings Wharf is not much to speak of.

We are sailing on July 12th from NYC to Bermuda and we will be docking at Kings Wharf. But no matter because we will be there for 2 nights and 3 days and will buy a 3 day transportation pass that is good on the bus and the ferries. We plan on spending much of the daytime hours in Bermuda on a Beach. Their beaches are beautiful.

Anyone else on this sailing n the Dawn?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Default THE DOCKYARD

Few ships are now stopping in St. George but instead are going to the improved Dockyard. This year the cruise lines have helped make the Dockyard a major attraction in Bermuda..Enjoy
Old November 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Beginner

Default ih

I've been seeing this for quite sometime. I initially thought that it was because of someone editing posts, saying thanks etc but I don't find any such activity and also the "forum rules updated" notice also shows up time to time.