Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Sydney Australia, tour help???????

Please help.....we will be on a HAL cruise from San Diego. Sydney, will be a port for Embarkation, and Disembarcation. We will stay on for the next 14 days in New Zealand, before flying home. While in Sydney, 4 of us want to go to the Blue Mountains, but can't take a regular independent tour because of timming. Could anyone please point me in the right direction to find a private tour for just the 4 of us, I realize it will be expensive, but we really want it. The cruise line, probably won't be offering much in the way of tours, because it won't be a "regular" stop. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Familiar Face

You can check out available tours by googling - Blue Mountains tours ex Sydney - there are a range of operators advertising there incl all day 4WD tours and there are leads to visitnsw.com which will give a range of options. The Blue Mountains offer a range of things to do the skyrail, the vertical railway,wildlife parks and the scenery. Katoomba is just like any other country town. You want to see the bush.

Hope this helps
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I am also going to Australia tour but I don't know anything because my parents arrange it.
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, Tony Scott!

Hmm...This article about Sydney Harbour cruises independent can help you anything:
Sydney Harbour Cruises Independent Review
Good luck!)
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Familiar Face

Actually the Blue Mountains is well supplied with good B&Bs etc, and it would be easy to pick up a hire car and do it yourself. Did you have a particular reason for wanting to do a tour?
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Familiar Face

Default blue mountains

Hi there

you can catch a train up to katoomba and then taxi or local bus to the three sisters and the scenic railway or do a bus tour out of sydney
loads of them go up there every day and easy to find on the net

also taronga zoo is good by ferry as the best views of the harbour from there and on the way to the zoo

anything else you want to know just message me as I grew up there
Greg