Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Other
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Top Cruise Destinations

I have been looking for my next cruise destination and am leaning towards Australia/New Zealand for next year. Not sure what line yet. While trying to make my decision, I cam across this Top 10 Cruise Destinations List.

I have only been to a few of these locations like Panama Canal, Caribbean and Med. I was just curious if this list matches up to some of your top cruising destinations? If you have been to any of these destinations, would you recommend it?

I would love to go to the Galapagos someday, but need to save up for it since I hear it can be quite expensive.
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Australia/New Zealand is certainly the "hot" new destination for cruise ships. Many new ships being sent down under, so lots of ships to choose from.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Admiral

I don't know if I would trust a list that claims there are polar bears in Anrarctica. And the Komodo Dragon on the Galapagos; the author doesn't know what e is talking about.

We cruised Australia this year; Sydney to Darwin. It was somewhat interesting and we did get to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. Still, it is not near as beautiful as a cruise to New Zealand. I am hoping to take an Auckland to Sydney cruise someday so I can see both North and South Islands.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Familiar Face

I am certainly not going to use this list as my full guide to cruise destinations. It is more for ideas of where I can travel. I did notice that Asia and South America were left off.
Old August 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Alaska in at No 5 - I wouldn't even place it in the top 50 world destinations

Sorry I don't trust the list - I wonder if he received any 'incentives' ?

Annie
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
I am certainly not going to use this list as my full guide to cruise destinations. It is more for ideas of where I can travel. I did notice that Asia and South America were left off.
Last I knew, the Amazon was in South America.

There have got to be better lists. I have done five of these itineraries and Antarctica in January; but, as Annie said, there are a number of more interesting itineraries than what are listed.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14