CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Other (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/other/)
-   -   What you Think is the most Beautiful City in Texas?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/other/395254-what-you-think-most-beautiful-city-texas.html)

markhunt912 March 24th, 2013 05:08 AM

What you Think is the most Beautiful City in Texas??

Hey guys just having views for you people what do you think is the most attractive and beautiful place in Texas??

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2013 01:21 PM

Texas

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhunt912 (Post 1468259)
Hey guys just having views for you people what do you think is the most attractive and beautiful place in Texas??

The most beautiful city in Texas to me is Houston .

Marc March 25th, 2013 08:47 PM

I'm partial to Hill Country.

tamebumper November 13th, 2014 03:24 AM

Beautiful City in Texas

Hi, I prefer the small city of Nacogdoches in Texas to be one of the best and interesting place to see. It is the most inviting for me because of its unique distinction and it historical interest on each location.

green_rd November 13th, 2014 09:27 AM

I prefer the departure lounge of any airport. <smirk\>

Honestly, I've not spent much time in the great state. I don't find Houston or Dallas appealing. Was up in The Woodlands, just north of Houston once, it was okay. Don't have much love for College Station either. Austin seemed nice.

I know that leaves a vast amount of land unseen.

storybookcruises.com November 13th, 2014 08:00 PM

I use to be an official with the Western Professional Hockey League (WPHL) and visited many cities in Texas during my travels and I always thought San Antonio was a beautiful city. Not only do they have historical sites, like the Alamo, but their river walk is beautiful. Lots of great food and wonderful people.

Pete

seadog2 November 14th, 2014 11:21 AM

My family is from Crockett so you know what my choice is.

travel fool November 14th, 2014 04:27 PM

Most towns that I have been to in Texas are ugly!! When you come from a place like Hawaii nothing comes close!

Surfguyxxx1 November 14th, 2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travel fool (Post 1509952)
Most towns that I have been to in Texas are ugly!! When you come from a place like Hawaii nothing comes close!

I like you :cool:

tamebumper February 10th, 2015 10:02 PM

What you think is the most beautiful city in Texas?

I heard from a relative who is currently living in Texas, that the most beautiful city is in Houston itself especially if you have the plans of staying there. The reason behind is its low cost of living and the nightlife is great:)

Lakers Fan February 11th, 2015 10:03 AM

Over the past 45 years I have been to Texas several times .My most favorite area is Kemah .I believe it is considered to be a suburb of Houston .

Moiraine February 11th, 2015 10:49 AM

San Antonio is beautiful. Austin is nice. Houston is pretty. Dallas is ugly.

Lakers Fan February 11th, 2015 08:40 PM

I have been to Amarillo, Alvin ,Irving ,Houston and its suburbs.

Travelbuggs February 12th, 2015 04:14 PM

I would have to second the vote for San Antonio. We spent several days on the Riverwalk and it is just a magical place to be. Have never seen another place like it. You would never know you are in the middle of a big, hot city. Would love to go back sometime and also see some of the Hill country, which I hear is lovely.

witer March 10th, 2015 06:54 AM

Yeah, I love Houston too. I think it's a fine city with lots of open spaces, some excellent places to hang out and a just all-round lovely vibe. But I would also put in a vote for some far-flung places like the Davis Mountains (just gorgeous), Caddo Lake, and Matagorda Island which can only be reached by private boat or there's a ferry to take you there.

Manuel March 10th, 2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travel fool (Post 1509952)

I do like the city of San Antonio, but I agree that you can't top Hawaii.

TM