Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Lynny S.

Default Anyone been one P&O Oceana??

Hello fellow cruise lovers,
We are thinking about going on the Oceana out of Barbados for a 14day Caribbean adventure. Anyone been on this ship before? We have been on Royal Caribbean's Splendor of the Seas & Voyager. Also did Celebrity and Carnival. How does Oceana compare to these other lines?? Any info would be very useful. Thanks to all.
Lynny S.
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone been one P&O Oceana??

Just email me and I will tell you all about Oceana.
I have just come back from 13 day Med. Cruise
Regards
Rod
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Anyone been one P&O Oceana??

my wife and i are also thinking of taking a cruise on the oceana and have been searching for reviews. we would much appreciate a copy of your report. i have ben unable to send you an e mail.

regards

richardj
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to enchantersnight
Default Re: Anyone been one P&O Oceana??

Dear Lynne,

Are you going on the same cruise as me I wonder? Is it Nov 12th ish for 15 nights.

Alison
Old January 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Beginner

i went on the oceana a couple of years ago i had an amazing time i am only in my 30s and it was a present for my mother so really didnt expect that i would love it as much as i did. I travelled on carnival victory last year and had a superb time also but the destinations were more amazing this time. With regard to ships I think Oceana was slightly more luxurious and the staff even more attentive and not that they weren't good with Carnival. You will certainly enjoy.

Positives: superb food, excellent service, a real mix of things to do.
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Hi
my whole family went on the oceana last year, it was our daughters honeymoon and it was amazing, although we went on the cruise just before yours which sailed from southampton to barbados. and i have to say that the transatlantic crossing took it out of all of us a bit the seas were very rough but as soon as we were a couple of hundred miles off antigua it calmed down alot.
but back to the question in hand the ship itself was out of this world all you would expect from a british cruise ship the cabins were spacious and comfortable we had balcony cabins next door to each other so we asked our porter ( jude, say hi to him if you see him ) to open all adjoyning balcony doors which was not a problem at all, infact when we asked anything of any of the ships crew nothing was ever a problem and they were always polite an courtious.

the food on the oceana was amazing we did not eat the same meal twice in the main restaurant the only small qualm was with cafe jardin where an extremly small minority of the staff were miserable. the shore excursions that you can book on the ship are good but you can get exactly the same excursion at the dock with a local tour guide just be aware of the time the ship leaves so you can leave yourself time to get back on as it wont wait for you .
onboard entertainment was also good with shows and quizzes and daily fun and games around the pool with bbq's on deck (which was 1st class by the way)
you can also trust the guys onboard with you best dresses or suits if you want them pressed they will gladly do it for you. for a fee of course.

we are going on the rci brilliance of the seas in august traveling to the med so i will let you all know about that when i get back.

but we will still love the oceana as it set a very very high standard.

happy cruising
bon voyage

miss piggy and family