Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
florence

Default P&O - Oceana

Hi everyone

Anyone out there cruised on the Oceana? I'm off on a trip called the Iberian Sojourn in October and, although I'm not expecting it to be too warm (!!) I'm really looking forward to sailing with P&O.

I have booked an outside cabin with balcony on C deck. We will be visiting Vigo, Lisbon, La Rochelle and St Peter Port and I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who has been to any of these places and can recommend the most interesting sights to see and if they recommend going on the excursions, as we usually fend for ourselves.

If anyone has sailed on this ship then I'd be really pleased to hear your comments, advice etc.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Chez

Default Re: P&O - Oceana

Hi Florance, we did this trip back in May this year on the Jewel of the seas first outing, they are all very nice ports and you are right you will be able to do it all yourself. We had to pay about 4 dollars each for the shuttle bus in a couple of ports, but the port tourist busses go to all the sights if shopping's not your thing.

Our fave port was Gurnsey, my husband wanted a very expensive watch from a jewelers which was inland, we had a couple on our dining table who were from Gurnsey and they said to take the bus it only cost 50pence (they didn't charge us going as they were running late). We then walked to the little chapel, it took about 20 mins (we passed in on the bus on the way to the jewelers). The chapel is so sweet and is an absolute must to see. There are a lot of underground stuff to see from the war years that also sounded very interesting, again these can be reached by the local bus service. We took longer to get round in the town area as there was 3 ships in that day.

Have a great cruise, we just got off the Constelation yesterday from a trip round the baltics, so I just came on the boards as I was feeling depressed and needed a cruise fix.......

Chez

:-)

p.s. forgot to say we've also been on the Aurora, oceana sister ship, the food is the best we've ever had on any cruise they will look after you well.
Old August 29th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Chez

Florance, sorry got my ships mixed up (will blame it on "boatlag" (wobbly legs etc), the Aurora's sister ship is the oriana, but I am sure the Oceana will be just as nice.

chez

:-)
Old September 2nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
Florence

thanks for the feedback Chez - sounds like you'll be needing another cruise soon!

cheers