Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to futuremrsadams Send a message via Yahoo to futuremrsadams
Default Artemis for a honeymoon?

Does anyone have any experience with the Artemis? I know its an adult only ship, but that's about it.
The P&O website seems less than helpful in that area....I'd really love to find more interior pics of the ship.
I've never cruised with them before (only Disney, Princess and Norwegian), and am wondering what to expect? My fiancee has never cruised before, do you think this line/ship would be a good first experience?
I'm particularly intrested because of their itenerary (africa/asia)...
It's a long trip, and any stateroom recomendations or pro/cons of the suites would be greatly appreciated, as well! Are there any benefits of booking the suites (other than space?) I know alot of lines include lots of little extras to help intice/reward passangers in upper category cabins.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Hi there,

Artemis was formerly known as Royal Princess, so you may be able to find more photos under that search. She is over 20 years old now & does show her age. Also, the passenger age list is more towards retired people.

If you want to try P&O then you may want to look towards Oceana (ex Ocean Princess) which is far more like the Princess product, or for a more British ship but brighter than Artemis, both Oriana and Aurora would be suitable.

We travelled on Artemis to the Norwegian Fjords last year & found her to be really friendly, and that we were treated as individuals rather than 'just a number' as can be the case with the megaships.

If it is the destinations that appeal to you, and you are happy to travel with retired people, then you might want to take a look at Swan Hellenic (the far more cultural sister comapny of P&O and Princess). Their ship Minerva II is an ex-Rennaisance ship & is really something to enjoy. The good thing about Swan is that ALL tours are included in the price of the cruise, so you can really make the most of the cruise.

Hope this gives you some thoughts, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Best of luck with your wedding plans,

Katrina & Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Beginner

My wife and I cruised on Artemis in a previous guise as Royal Princess round South America. We booked a balcony cabin A698 which was so small that the other twin bed was permanently folded away to give some room. Check out the website and you will see what I mean! It has to be said that this is an old ship and the cabins are less than spacious: the staff were brilliant though and a friend cruised back to NZ from UK with no problems.
Honeymoon on board?: personally I would have to advise against!
Paul