Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Beginner

Default P&O Oriana Stranded Flood Passengers

Huge floods across southern Britain today led to many of the passengers on coaches, provided by Eavesway Travel, to be made to turn back and go home. The passengers were led to believe throughout the day that the ship would be waiting for them but come 6 o'clock, we were told that the ship was going to be sailing without us. Aurora had stayed behind not leaving Southampton till about 10 or even later but Oriana set sail at 6:30 much to the annoyance of all the passengers left behind. 2 coaches from Scotland got to the dock at 5:50pm but the Captain didn't accept them and sailed anyway. I wouldn't be suprised if pleasing investors had something to do with it and the ship had to go within a reasonable time but it has massively inconvenienced over 200 passengers. We are supposedley being flown out to Barcelona to meet the ship but are yet to see how that turns out. 3 sea days missed all for the sake of a few hours. Not happy at all!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Admiral

If I was a stock holder in this company I would ask for the captain to be sacked, for this action as 4 or 5 hours delay can easily be made up over 3 sea days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would presume the Captain is not from England??

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!