Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Passenger

Default Ventura

Are P & O going for the prize of the ugliest cruise liner?

There won't be much competion

Mike
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Passenger

sorry

'Competition'
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Oh I don't think she's ugly, she looks more marketed for the Caribbean I think....

Makes me wonder how long she will be with P and O for, her sister ship comes out 2010 but slightly smaller than Ventura.

CL
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Passenger

She is ugly.

Her back end looks like one of those container vessels which are stacked high and wide, and her bows are the same as Queen Victoria, very very bad at going into heavy seas. See comments on Cunard site reference the trip across the Atlantic tandem crossing ((((

Ugly Not a sleek line in sight. Haven't looked at her layout but the trnd these days to be open plan, loud and brash as Arcadia and Queen Victoria.

Yes, cruising is dropping it's standards and Jeans will soon be good enough for Formal. "Butlins Afloat" is here.

One more cruise booked with PandO then looking elsewhere.

Maybe I am just biassed because I have been kicked in the teeth
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Passenger

I agree cruiseships are becoming vastly to big, and as a country that likes formality and British ways things are turning out to be very Amercian, but that maybe because we are part of the Carnival group.

I love Aurora and her intimisy (oh sorry bout spelling there).

Ventura and Carnival Liberty next year will be the two only big ships I will choose to cruise on, after that back to Aurora.

Also have this feeling having two boys (and mine are quite shy) that they won't be going in the childrens clubs much either, and we're on there August 1ST and it's a full cruise.

Am surprised in some ways that P ans O went for this design, but then I'm not a designer.

CL
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Passenger

:-)

Aurora :-)

June R810 :-)

Then I think goodbye PandO

Nasty taste
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Passenger

Mike

If you don't mind me asking, why the last time with P and O, when there is Aurora and Oriana?

Is it the trend in crusing that has put you off them.

I love Aurora being my first ship I cruised on 01, have never looked back since.

CL
X
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Aurora is a beautiful, quiet, sleek and graceul lady. I spent 4 months on her in 06, the Wordlie and a back to back.

I then went on the loud glitzy brash 'Butlisn Afloat' Arcadia What a difference.

I was expecting Queen Victoria to b graceful and very 'posh'. Beautiful inside but noisy open plan again and a dreadful sea boat in head on seas. 4 days bashing about and no sleep. Have you read the report from someone else who did the tandem crossing? (On Cunard section)

But what has really upset me is the dishonesty of certain members of the cruising fraterniyt and how my request for an expanation was brushed aside and others ganged against me.

No desire to meet them thank you.

Mike
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Aurora is a beautiful, quiet, sleek and graceul lady. I spent 4 months on her in 06, the Wordlie and a back to back.

I then went on the loud glitzy brash 'Butlisn Afloat' Arcadia What a difference.

I was expecting Queen Victoria to b graceful and very 'posh'. Beautiful inside but noisy open plan again and a dreadful sea boat in head on seas. 4 days bashing about and no sleep. Have you read the report from someone else who did the tandem crossing? (On Cunard section)

But what has really upset me is the dishonesty of certain members of the cruising fraterniyt and how my request for an expanation was brushed aside and others ganged against me.

Mike
Hi

no not read it but will...

Was this on this forum or another?

I don't agree with people ganging up on eachother, theres enough of that in this world.

What were you talking about (hope you don't think me being too nosey?)

CL
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Passenger

No not this forum, Crows Nest and Cruisers Say, that is why I have been banned from both. Asking nasty questions seeking the truth. Nasty in some people's eyes, honesty in mine. A matter of some missing money from a Charity Raffle in the name of "Expenses" ............ that's all!!!

Don't you feel that if money has been donated to a Charity, then any "Expenses" taken out should be explained?

(
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Passenger

Oh that was to do with the meet in Oct last year? did read about it.

Charity things are very hard, thats why we only donate to one, British Heart foundation, as OH Dad of Heart Attack in 2000 and now Cancer research as my Mum has had cancer.

Sorry you had a rotten time, I don't know the ins and outs of the whole thing.

Did you attend this group gathering?

CL
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Passenger

Did I attend it?

I organised it all, with the exception of the seating plan and selling the raffle tickets. I provoded and prepared all of the Raffle Tickets and someone else sold them. The people attending brought all the prizes in so none were bought. I know how many tickets were prepared and how many were sold. Rather a lot of many was removed for "Expenses". I have asked what these were. I have not been told, just banned from Crows Nest and Cruisers Say for pressing the subject. I have even been treatened with legal action if I don't stop asking what the "Expenses" were!! So I don't press the matter, BUT, there is to be another Dinner Dance in October. What "Expenses" will be 'removed' from that event?

See my meaning?
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Passenger

Sorry

"Rather a lot of many was removed for "expenses"

Rather a lot of Money was removed for "Expenses"

Sorry
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Passenger

Yes I remember you organising this (are you Mike C?)

I don't know what to say...

Expenses as in what, you can PM on this (well thats if you want too)

CL

God I could chat for England, in the olympics 2012
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Passenger

:-)

Mike C here :-)

"Expenses as in what" you ask.

Exactly. There were none

And when I ask what the expenses were which were taken from the Raffle money .............. silence and threats. Banned from Crows Nest and when it was raised on Cruisers Say I was banned from there!

Suppose I will be banned from here now

Gone to bed now, ...... with a clear conscience :-)
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Passenger

No you won't be banned ffom here.

If u know ur clear then nobody can prove otherwise....

Have a good sleep and catch up again.

CL
XX
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Passenger

Had an Official warning from P & O not to discuss it on Cruise Connections. Agreed not to and told them I will hand everthing over to the Police and apologised for bringing the matter up, but I explained, as I have been banned and silenced on two other forums, I have now no other alternative. All I asked was 'What expenses when I know there were none?'

End of the matter from me :-))

but curious as to what 'expenses' are claimed at
the next Dinner Dance (((

Thanks for your interest

Mike
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:22 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Had an Official warning from P & O not to discuss it on Cruise Connections. Agreed not to and told them I will hand everthing over to the Police and apologised for bringing the matter up, but I explained, as I have been banned and silenced on two other forums, I have now no other alternative. All I asked was 'What expenses when I know there were none?'

End of the matter from me :-))

but curious as to what 'expenses' are claimed at
the next Dinner Dance (((

Thanks for your interest

Mike

Crowe, why are you always causing trouble wherever you go. You are a very tiresome individual.
Go somewhere else where you might just be wanted because you are certainly despised on just about every cruise forum after you horrendous behaviour in the past.

The only information we need from you is what cruises you are going on so that we can avoid them.

Regards

D
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:00 AM
Passenger

What sort of morals do you have that you think nothing of somewhere in the region of £70.00 being taken out of a Charity Raffle Fund takings?

Please let me know what cruises YOU are on as I have no desire to cruise with the likes of you.

Kind regards

Mike
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:22 AM
Beginner

Quote:
What sort of morals do you have that you think nothing of somewhere in the region of £70.00 being taken out of a Charity Raffle Fund takings?

Please let me know what cruises YOU are on as I have no desire to cruise with the likes of you.

Kind regards

Mike

We both know the truth, so don't come on here and try to appear whiter than white.

You whole sorry story will be revealed one day I am sure.

D
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
Passenger

I regret to inform you I do NOT know the truth, that is what I have been pressing for.

If you DO know the truth, kindly email me with your identity in order that I can include you in the Police investigations

Mike
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
Beginner

Quote:
I regret to inform you I do NOT know the truth, that is what I have been pressing for.

If you DO know the truth, kindly email me with your identity in order that I can include you in the Police investigations

Mike
"Police investigations" ?

You would be wearing handcuffs now if there were such a thing.

D
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Passenger

Matter now closed on any open forum.

I will be making no further public statements.

Mike Crowe
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:

Mike
Mike
You hatred of the some of the cruisers from cn who sailed with you on your ONE cruise on Arcadia and their attitude to you regarding the dinner dance has is nothing to do with Arcadia,!! and I wish you wouldn't call Arcadia loud and brash just because some people have upset you who you sailed with on Arcadia that is unfair. she is NOT brash.... brash is a NCL cruiseship painted gold and purple .

Arcadia is a lovely ship, contemporary and child free - no way can she be called brash or butlins... I have been on Aurora too and find you comments completely OTT.

photos for anyone to see of ARCADIA here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPa...llAboutArcadia

sailing for the 3rd time on Arcadia tomorrow for another 16 nights
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
No not this forum, Crows Nest and Cruisers Say, that is why I have been banned from both. Asking nasty questions seeking the truth. Nasty in some people's eyes, honesty in mine. A matter of some missing money from a Charity Raffle in the name of "Expenses" ............ that's all!!!

Don't you feel that if money has been donated to a Charity, then any "Expenses" taken out should be explained?

(

Cruisers say has nothing to do with your arrangements of the crows nest dinner danceand you arugments with the people of that site

You were banned from cruisers say for raising theses points on a site that has nothing to do with crowsnest, Just as you are doing now here on cruise mates.

getr over it Mike

Sue
Mod -Cruisers Say