Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Default Oceana tomorrow.

Just a short 2 night cruise for a birthday celebration (not mine) Brugges (from Zeebrugge) nice little jaunt...too much to eat, too much to drink,too much laughter but we will survive I dare say.
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Have a great time John, looks like the weather is going to be good to you.

"too much to eat, too much to drink,too much laughter" - is there such a thing

Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Yes it looks good sailaway weather. It is our BIL/SIL's 50th birthday so I hope it all goes well, not too many enjoying themselves "too much" Hope to dine in MPW on Saturday if we can get in, =X= allow you to book in advance, P&O allow you to book certain restaurants BUT will not allow you to confirm a date & time...what's that about!
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Just back from the short weekender on Oceana, after being on Azura & Eclipse the ship seems quite small, & now over 10 years old getting a bit worn. We had an inside, which was "OK" for a couple of days but no way would we consider one for longer, we did think about the cost but I don't think it is an option for us.
Oceana is a mid sized 3/4 * ship, very lively all night as people were making the most of it, lots of birthdays anniversaries & other celebrations onboard. We retired at about 12-30 to 1 am & the ship was still rocking away!!
We had out bookings linked so that we could dine together, this actually worked well, we had booked a cake for the couple celebrating a birthday, that turned up & was nice...bigger than we thought too.
What did go wrong was we had phoned to book MPW (Marco Pierre White speciality bistro)for the Saturday night, & though they said it was ''booked'' they couldn't confirm the actual date & time until we were actually on board. So as soon as we got on we went to reception to confirm, they said MPW wasn't open until 3pm, so we thought OK fair enough, but as we walked away another member of staff told us they were taking bookings "over there," there was a table where bookings were being taken so I recounted my story to the guy there...he didn't understand me, I had no idea what he was saying, we eventually established he had no idea that tables could be provisionally booked, he had NO record of my booking(even though my ref was taken & maybe even my card details ..) he then didn't seem to grasp that 18-30 was in fact half past six, not half past eight... which was the time we wanted...eventually it was sorted out OK but if we had just believed what we were told we would never have got a table!
The meal itself was....OK....very slow taking orders, we had to chase up the wine waiter to even order drinks & must have been there half an hour before we got anything at all. People STILL wander though the area like they do during the day even though it's roped off, very little atmosphere in the area either, nowhere near as special as other speciality venues we have used.
Breakfast in the MDR was really good, probably the best we have had, the dinner in MDR was also very good, bordering excellent, food far better than on Azura for our last cruise.
Brugges was lovely, beautiful sunny weather...even hot, we did it by cab, 100 Euros return between 6 of us, boat ride was 6-90 each.