CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   P & O Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/p-o-cruises/)
-   -   Next Cruise.. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/p-o-cruises/390151-next-cruise.html)

johnthed0g June 25th, 2012 09:55 AM

Next Cruise..

IS...the P&O Grand Event on July 3rd, where all SEVEN P&O ships are in Southampton (UK) & will sail out in convoy meeting up in the Solent for a fly past from the "Red Arrows" RAF air display team. We are on Azura for a cruise to Madeira & the Canary Islands returning with stops in mainland Spain & Portugal.

kandajones June 25th, 2012 03:32 PM

Hi John, we are on the Oriana (4 nights) checking in and sailing from 101/City Terminal. Are you checking in at the Ageas (Rose) Bowl, or do you have to make your way into town as well? Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad.

I have to admit when we first booked we were quite excited about the whole thing, but as it gets closer it seems more and more that as long as the PR shots go well for P&O, they don't really care about us paying passengers, and we are just an inconvenience to their plans.

Oh well, once we are on board, and if are not to restricted with the Princess Royal being on board for the afternoon, I'm sure I will feel a lot jollier about the whole thing.

Have a great time & remember to wave - we'll probably be at the front overlooking the bow if those lower decks are open.

Alan.

Trip June 25th, 2012 05:27 PM

I think you both are very fortunate! Enjoy!

johnthed0g June 26th, 2012 04:59 PM

This is from the port authority...

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

johnthed0g June 26th, 2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1434397)
Hi John, we are on the Oriana (4 nights) checking in and sailing from 101/City Terminal. Are you checking in at the Ageas (Rose) Bowl, or do you have to make your way into town as well? Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad.

I have to admit when we first booked we were quite excited about the whole thing, but as it gets closer it seems more and more that as long as the PR shots go well for P&O, they don't really care about us paying passengers, and we are just an inconvenience to their plans.

Oh well, once we are on board, and if are not to restricted with the Princess Royal being on board for the afternoon, I'm sure I will feel a lot jollier about the whole thing.

Have a great time & remember to wave - we'll probably be at the front overlooking the bow if those lower decks are open.

Alan.

Hi Alan, we check in as normal at Ocean Term. Are you taking much notice of the strict check in times? Won't make a lot of difference to us really our official time is 13-00.

kandajones June 27th, 2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1434541)
Hi Alan, we check in as normal at Ocean Term. Are you taking much notice of the strict check in times? Won't make a lot of difference to us really our official time is 13-00.

Hi John,
Not a chance, we are down for 13:30, but are planning to get to 101 around 12-12:30 depending on traffic as we will use the bus. If they try to turn us away, we will just say that (well apart from supposedly having the dedicated check-in line) "This is 101, it will take an hour to queue from here through the zig-zag line & x-rays to get to the check-in at 1:30" ;)

Have a great time,

Alan

johnthed0g June 30th, 2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1434586)
Hi John,
Not a chance, we are down for 13:30, but are planning to get to 101 around 12-12:30 depending on traffic as we will use the bus. If they try to turn us away, we will just say that (well apart from supposedly having the dedicated check-in line) "This is 101, it will take an hour to queue from here through the zig-zag line & x-rays to get to the check-in at 1:30" ;)

Have a great time,

Alan

& you mates! We shall have to have that curry sometime.

Lakers Fan June 30th, 2012 05:44 PM

Have a GREAT time ,John