Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Christmas Cruise

I recently went on a Christmas cruise with P&O on the Oceana i did really enjoy myself it was a lovely little cruise to Belgium and back to the UK. On-board the ship it was lovely, everyone was so happy (I think this must be because it was coming up to Christmas, and everyone was on a cruise..) but as soon as i stepped on-board i realised how amazing this ship was, everything was Christmasy.
I Really enjoyed being on-board with work and everyone there was so friendly.
After going on a cruise in December i now think i'm going to try and cruise every Christmas i can, because it was just perfect.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

That was really a memorable one for you. You know, I've been also planning to have Christmas vacation on cruise ships with my family. In the previous Christmas seasons, we just check in to hotels with parks like Disneyland and so on. Hope to see you next Christmas season on cruise. Have you visited Malaysia? I've been wondering about this homestay Penang thing. Many have said that this hotel is great. Maybe I should also try this for me to identify it.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Our first cruise was also at Christmas, albeit a few years back now, but still look back on it with great happiness.

Glad you enjoyed everything, looks like you have got bitten by the cruise bug

Hope you have many more,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Haha yeah i really have been bitten by the cruise bug

I've been looking at the new Princess ship, Royal Princess. That ship looks so good. Have you ever cruises with Princess before? 'd like to try and get a feeling for what they're like.
Tried looking at some deals but got a little confused with pricing.

not sure if i should start saving or not,

Last edited by Kuki; February 26th, 2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: remove commercial link
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default poppadock

Ralenda: Princess is a great cruise line. I have been on seven cruises with them. Royal is a new ship, my wife & I sail every christmas & new years when possible.
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralendz View Post
I've been looking at the new Princess ship, Royal Princess. That ship looks so good. Have you ever cruises with Princess before? 'd like to try and get a feeling for what they're like.
Tried looking at some deals but got a little confused with pricing.
not sure if i should start saving or not,
Hi Ralendz, sorry I missed your earlier reply, am glad that poppadock brought this thread back to the 'new' list.

Yes we have been looking at the Royal as well, it certainly looks like it's going to be something different and in a good way.
We have always LOVED the whole Princess setup. P&O have got some similar builds to theirs but the layouts just don't seem to work as well as Princess. Plus we find the entertainment and MUTS selection far superior to the P&O versions.

Only about 12 weeks 'til the Royal is due to arrive in Southampton, and we are really hoping that they have some lookarounds, so that we can see if it really does look as good as the video presentations would imply.

Time will tell :o)

If you do get to sail on her, please make sure you write a report - good or bad, they are always appreciated here.

Happy cruising,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam