Old March 11th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Talking How Environmentally Friendly are P&O?

There is so much debate about how much cruising effects the environment I have chosen to do my dissertation about it. So far, I have had over 150 responses, but I was wondering if you could help me. If you are over 18 and have sailed with P&O before I would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to tell me about your experiences onboard. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me so thank you in advance, I promise it won't take long!

https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/838902b
Old October 8th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Have been twenty cruises with p&o and have always found them to be very conscious about the environment.
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Multiple cruises with them also, they appear to be very conscious of their environmental responsibilities and have waste removed at most ports, and bunkering services to remove human waste.
They have an environmental team on each ship (green in their stripes) who's sole duty is to ensure that every possible effort is made to prevent any waste entering the sea.
They have also installed 'scrubbers' in the stacks meaning that they have lower emissions than previously.

Okay I would like to see them using more solar/wind/wave power to generate electricity on board, but I guess that's down to the bean counters at Carnival Corp

So in the whole, it would seem they are very good.

Alan.

History:
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Royal, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(3), Britannia, Oceana(4), Oriana(13), Ventura(3), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(8), QE, Caronia(2)
Oceania Nautica, Minerva, Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade(2), =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey, CMV Magellan, MSC Magnifica, MV Emanuel, Viking River
Old April 27th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Banned
Familiar Face

I have seen their concern about the ocean and us cruisers taking it very serious.
Why the survey and concern, If I may ask ?
Thanks