Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2000, 08:47 PM
rede2cruise

Default average passenger age?

What is the average age of the passengers on the Sea Princess during the one week Western Caribbean cruise? We have been told it is 50+ and we are much younger and don't want to feel really out of place.
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2000, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Default RE: average passenger age?

rede2cruise,

I don't have exact demographics, but most Princess cruises seem to have passengers of all ages. The median age might be slightly over fifty, but half of the passengers are younger than the median age. Thus, it's a very misleading statistic. You probably will find plenty of passengers around your own age with whom to socialize. Activities like the beach games on Princess Cays and some of the pool games are excellent opportunities to meet other young adults.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old September 4th, 2000, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Rede2cruise,
You didn't mention what time of year you are cruising on "Sea"? If you are going during a school break time, there will be plenty of younger folks, families with kids etc. Since thats the time we usually cruise we always have lots of kids on board, which doesn't bother me at all. You should find a nice mix of people on the other times, just not as many kids. Is this your first Princess cruise? We just did our first Princess this year and you'll be in for a treat, enjoy the ship.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 4th, 2000, 09:22 PM
LEtue

Alot depends on when you travel however we found Princess to have the most young families aboard during any holiday that we have sailed. On the Grand Princess last Thanksgiving the median age was probably 35-40! Age should not be an issue with any seven day caribbean sailing....
Old September 5th, 2000, 09:07 AM
Beckie

We're going on the sea and we're early 30's. We chose it because Princess seems more relaxed, more mature (although with this question, that might not be a good word choice). We were torn between Princess and Carnival and decided that we were too old for Carnival's party/good-time atmosphere. We both have very high stress jobs and families (no kids yet..extended family), and welcome the quiet time. Not that we won't be playing the pool games, etc.
Old September 6th, 2000, 10:51 PM
Dawn Stefano

Beckie:

You definitely picked the right cruise. We had the same reasons for choosing our first Princess cruise a few years ago and we've been hooked ever since. We've been on other lines since, but really enjoy the Princess style.

We were on a Western Caribbean sailing and had few young children because it was in October, but there were plenty of fellow sailors in their 20s-40s. You'll have a great time and so will rede2cruise!

Dawn
Old September 8th, 2000, 12:11 PM
Yeoman

Hey!!! Watch that 50+ negative stuff. Our first curise is coming in Nov and I can tell you that at 50 I can still Rock & Roll with the best of them. Should I bring my guitar????
Old September 10th, 2000, 12:28 AM
Admiral

Beckie,

One of my favorite places to "escape" aboard MV Sea Princess (or any of her sisters) is those magical teak lounge chairs on the shady side of the Promenade Deck. If you sit in one for a while (preferably while the ship is at sea), you will understand perfectly....

Norm.
Old September 10th, 2000, 09:11 AM
Beckie

Haven't even been on the ship and understand why, Norm. I'm torn between being by a pool in a deck chair (it will be hot and I'll want to plunch) or being on the promenade, in the shade, people watching. Can I leave tomorrow?