Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2000, 02:33 PM
Yael

Default Airfare to Ft. Lauderdale/Grand Princess

Hi, all. Sailing on the Grand in April and have been checking out the websites for airfare. Has anyone come across any good deals? I know they have some good deals for travel by Dec. Anything else? I'll be traveling from Newark, NJ. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2000, 09:18 PM
Babette

Default RE: Airfare to Ft. Lauderdale/Grand Princess

It is really a little early for promotional rates. We did the Grand in May. I don't think I booked my air until March. Depending upon your departure and arrival dates, you may be in a blackout period because of Easter/school breaks.

But check out the various cheapee air sites on the web.
Old September 14th, 2000, 07:43 AM
Beckie

The Hartford Courant is listed the average airfare from Hartford, CT to FLL as $166. It's been that way all summer. It was listed a little higher ($178) when we booked in March, however, "seats in that cat." were all sold out on any airline we called and the lowest we were quoted was $350, not far off from what air was if booked through Princess, and Princess inc. the transfers.
The Courant lists average air prices for various destinations. They don't list specific airlines.
Old September 19th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Dawn Stefano

You should be able to get to FLL from EWR for $160-190 depending on when you're flying. If you want to beat that and If you're not picky about the time of day you fly or the carrier, try Priceline. But don't forget that if they accept your bid, you've bought the ticket!
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:46 PM
Carole Dunham

I got a recent airfare from Ft. Lauderdale to LaGuardia (if it isn't too much trouble for you to travel there instead of Newark) of $160. I live in South Florida and travel to New Yorik at lot. That is the cheapest airfare I've seen in years.
Carole
Old September 23rd, 2000, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Yael,

Try Delta Air Lines (http://www.delta.com). A few years ago, Delta formed a low-fare brand called "Delta Express" -- which operates full-sized jets (Boeing 737's) with mainline pilots and flight attendants in spite of the "Express" moniker -- to compete directly with discount airlines on service to Florida from many cities in the northeast and the midwest. Some of the departure cities have nonstop flights, while the rest require a connection in Orlando.

Norm.
Old September 28th, 2000, 12:30 PM
First Mate

One way to find good airfares is to use Yahoo. If you have an account at Yahoo,
you can setup you "My Yahoo" page with "Best Fares". It allows you to monitor
prices to/from different airports.