Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2000, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default cruisers on Golden Med cruise

Are there any cruisers booked on the June 9, 2001 Med. cruise on the Golden Princess?
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2000, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: cruisers on Golden Med cruise

Helen,
If you haven't already done so, you may want go post on the "meet on board" to find other cruisers on Golden Princess, good luck.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/persin.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 1st, 2000, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Donna, I will try upir suggestion.
Old October 2nd, 2000, 08:33 PM
SEA DAZE

HELEN, I'M GOING ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS MAY 27, MED CRUISE, BARCELONA - ISTANBUL. I GUESS YOU'LL BE GETTING ON WHEN I CRAWL DOWN THE GANG PLANK KICKING & SCREAMING. STAYING OVER IN ISTANBUL, SO MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU? SUZIE
Old October 5th, 2000, 02:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sea Daze, glad to hear from you. I know you will enjoy your cruise. It seems like a long time now doesn't it? I have done the Med. cruise before and two land trips in that part of the country and since it is one of my favorite places to visit am going again and take my family. Helen
Old October 5th, 2000, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Helen,
My Family and I are on the Golden Princess for June 9. Will you be there? We are really looking forward to it. It is only our second cruise together. Our kids will be 18, 16, and almost 12 when we leave. Do you have children coming?
Toni
Old October 5th, 2000, 05:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Toni: Yes, we will be on the June 9, Golden Princess cruise, Istanbul to Barcelona. My children are grown, my son and his wife and my daughter and her husband. Hope to meet you. Do you belong to the Catains Circle (former Princess cruises) if so perhaps we can meet at the Captains party. Where are you from? I am from Dallas. Hope to hear from you again. Helen
Old October 5th, 2000, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Helen,This is our first Princess Cruise, so we wont meet you there. What is great is that we are also from Dallas(we live in Allen, just north of Plano). My husband and I are in our 40's. I am hoping the kids meet some new friends on the cruise. They are all pretty shy. We are flying over on American thru London on the 6th. I would love to catch up with you somewhere. Hope to hear from you again.
Toni
Old October 5th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Toni: My daughter and her husband also live in Plano. She teaches at Carlisle school. I have a grandson and his family who live in Allen and two granddaughters and their families who live in Allen. My son and his wife live at Eldorado Country Club in McKinney. Small world isn't it? We are flying Delta on the 9th. Since I have been there before chose not to go early but know you will have a great trip. Keep in touch. Helen
Old October 7th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Helen and Toni,

A few weeks ago I posted a fairly comprehensive review of the ports of call on the "Grand Mediterranean" itinerary in response to Paul's post announcing the CruiseMates cruise aboard MV Golden Princess on the "Europe" board under "Ports of Call." I won't duplicate the information here, as that post is still accessible.

Do have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old October 7th, 2000, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Really enjoyed your comments on the Ports of Call on the Med. cruise. I replied but don't think it went through. Anyway this will be my 3rd. trip to that part of the world and is one of my favorites. I have done most of the ports but am taking my grown children this time for their first time and know they will love it as I do. We did Alaska the past two years with Princess and I am looking forward to the Golden. Thanks again. Helen
Old October 7th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your help Norm. I had already printed the info and added it to my file for the trip. This is my first trip to the area and all help is greatly appreciated.
toni
Old October 7th, 2000, 08:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Toni, I was just wondering if you got my reply to your message the other day. Do want to keep in touchwith you and meet you on ourcruise. Helen
Old October 8th, 2000, 12:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Helen, Yes I got your message and would really like to meet up with you guys. Do any of your children live in Twin Creeks? That's where we are. I'd love to get your opinions on the excusions available when we get the info. It is my first trip to Europe and my husbands first to this area. What dining option did you pick. I opted for the choice, but I'm not sure that is best. I like the idea of eating at our convenience, but I also like knowing the wait staff. What do you think? Please keep in Touch.
Toni
Old October 8th, 2000, 12:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

My two granddaughters live on Shadetree and my grandson lives on Cobble Brook. I don't know what additions they are in. We have opted for the dining room and for the 2nd. seating. I am sure we will eat at the other dining places some of the time. When we were on the Alaska cruises on Dawn Princess we ate in the Horizan Court quite often especially if we had been out all day on a tour and didn't want to dress. It is open 24 hrs. a day and very lovely. I am anxious to get our info. about the tours. I have been to all the places before but am looking forward to seeing them again with the family. I agree with you, I like to have the same waiter as you get better service if they get to know you. Hope we can meet when we get all our documents. We are flying Delta on the 9th. Helen
Old October 8th, 2000, 08:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Helen, I replied to your earlier message but I dont see it listed so here goes again, just in case.
Shadetree is only a block from our home so we are neighbors with your granddaughters. We may have seen them when we take our walks (that we stopped taking in the hot weather and havent started again....yet...need to build up my endurance for Europe). If there are children in the house my daughter may know them.
We are sending a packet of information to my step children that live in Amarillo. They are going with us (they are teens) but, have not seen any broshures and we want to generate some enthusiasm. I ordered a tape today from Princess if you are interested in seeing it just let me know.
Cant wait to talk about tours, but I guess we'll have a while to wait.
Keep in Touch,
Toni
Old October 9th, 2000, 09:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Helen, My daughter, Chelsea, was in Taylors class in first grade! Chelsea says she is a very sweet girl. I think they are in different schools now (they built a new school for our part of the subdivision, but Chelsea choose to stay at the old school). Thanks for the info on the butler service. Its my first time! What port are you looking forward to most on the Cruise? Are we going anywhere you havent been?
Toni
Old October 9th, 2000, 11:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Toni: I am most looking forward to Barcelona since that is the only port I have not been to. I am looking forward to Venice again as that is one of my favorites and the Greek Isles are so full of history Ephesaus especially. You will love it all. How many of you will be on the cruise? Do you already have your stateroom assignments? Helen.
Old October 9th, 2000, 11:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Helen,
There will be five of us on the trip. My husband and I and his two teens and my daughter who is 11. The kids will be in one room and we will be down a few doors. They are inside we are outside. Our rooms are on the Dolphin Deck. What about you? Im glad to hear good things about Venice because it sounds so beautiful. Im glad we will be there overnight. I have only been on two previous cruises but they were really not destination oriented. My first cruise was before I married my husband. My daughter who was 8 or 9 at the time and I went on the Disney Magic. It is a beautiful ship and we had a great time. This year all 5 of us went on Premier to Mexico in July (glad to dodge that bullet). The ship was old but we were pretty happy with it anyway. We had a hard time choosing which cruise to take. We went back and forth between Golden Princess and Celebrity Millenium. I was sold on Golden when I was able to get a bathtub for the same price as the Millenium Stateroom with shower only. I am into stress bathing and there is usually stress on a family vacation. Hope to hear from you soon. Toni
Old October 10th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Toni, We have three staterooms side by side on the Baja deck.We all have balconies which we can open up where we will have one long balcony. We have done that in Alaska and it makes for a lot of fun. We can all meet out there and have tea or "Whatever". I suppose it will be March before we get the actual brochures about the Ports in detail since the Golden will be new. Keep in touch. Helen
Old October 10th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, I didnt know the balconies would do that. That will be great fun for you. Makes me wish we had gotten the kids a balcony too...on the other hand there is something to be said for being without children at times.
Old October 10th, 2000, 01:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

There will be so many things on the ship for the children you will hardly see them.On the Dawn there was practicallly a whole half deck with entertainment for children and teens. The room steward has to unlock the doors between the alconies and closes them at night for privacy. Are your children all girls?
Old October 10th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

The girls are Leah who will be 16 at Cruise time and Chelsea who will be almost 12. They get along very well but because of the age differences they found friends who were sisters on our last cruise so they could hang with kids their own ages. Chelsea would love to be with Leah but cannot attend the teen activities. I'm hoping Chelsea can find a friend because it is likely that she will be too shy to attend the organized activities for her age group. Mitch is the boy. He will be 18 at cruise time. He is also shy and will probably play computer games and be with us. It would be nice for him to meet someone also. Mitch and Leah are my husbands children and live in Amarillo. Chelsea lives with us. They are all great kids (sweet, smart, and kind).
I wish our cabins were higher in the ship like yours. Do you think it makes a big difference?
Toni
Old October 10th, 2000, 06:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I believe you all are higher than we are. Our category is BD on the Baja deck. I think you have a min-suite, right? If so, you are several decks up from ours.
Old October 10th, 2000, 11:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Helen, are you sure? My brochure shows the Baja deck above the Dolphin deck?Toni
Old October 11th, 2000, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think you are correct. I was looking under the cruise fares and it shows the Dolphin ahead of the Baja deck. I see now a lot of decks are listed together. You do have a suite, do you not? I really prefer to be more in the center of the ship as the Dolphin is but on a ship this large don't think it will matter where you are. Helen