Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2000, 05:28 PM
First Mate

Default Sea Princess - Dining Problems? Link

Sorry, I'll make it a clickable link
<http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=46447&t=46447>
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2000, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Default RE: Sea Princess - Dining Problems? Link

I read that and don't totally believe it. As I read on other boards, food is 'in the eye of the beholder'. I have had food on Celebrity that I didn't think was great, but others did.

Also, I can't believe that the ships personnel are allowing waiters to be drunk? I think not.
Old October 9th, 2000, 12:24 PM
dsawyer

Also, I believe the original poster was talking about the Dawn Princess, not the Sea Princess.
Old October 9th, 2000, 05:20 PM
First Mate

You're right, it is the Dawn Princess. I don't know why I thought it was the Sea.
Old October 13th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Mailman055

My girlfriend and I were on this very same cruise last week (unfortunately we were among those disembarking in Acapulco). I made the comment to her that I did not think the food was all that good. This was our second trip on the Dawn and one of the reasons we went again was the food. I was pretty disappointed to see the exact same menu, even in the exact same presentation order from the Caribbean trip we did 16 months ago. I can vouch for the comment that the French Onion soup was pretty week and the lobster not only small but hammered as well. The pasta was ok, but fairly bland. My steaks were never cooked medium rare and had to be sent back each time.

Did not see any drunk waiters, Alberto was very good and always friendly.

I hope this situation gets fixed soon as the Dawn is a beautiful ship and deserved much better in the food department.