Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2000, 09:51 AM
Yeoman

Default Rum Factory tour

HI: Has anyone taken the shore excursion on Barbados...the Rum factory one with visits to (hick-up, cuseme) a couple of pubs? Looks like fun in the excusion book. So does the Jolly Roger thing....ok...ok..guess I might by a lush
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2000, 08:00 PM
mjk fun

Default RE: Rum Factory tour

When we were Barbados we went on the catamaran with lunch cruise.
It was worth the money had a great time. A couple that we knew went on the
rum and pub tour and were very disappointed with it. They said many people
that day were upset with lack time spent at the factory and pubs. We saw
the Jolly rogers pull into port in the afternoon. They looked like they were having
a good time singing and all. Only bad thing I heard drinking sometimes became
excessive at times. They said some people were drunk and spilling the drinks
on the kids that were on the cruise. If you are looking for a more intimate time
try the catamaran with the beautiful water and beaches.
Old October 15th, 2000, 03:09 PM
JMG

We did the Jolly Roger and had a blast! We "sailed" along the coast and dropped anchor ofshore from some of the hotels. A barge came along side and you had a choice of going to the beach or swimming off the "ship". They advised against trying to swim to the shore. We stayed on onboard and walked the plank and did the rope swing. Later when barge returned, there was alittle time left for rope swings. During the sail back to the dock, they performed a "marriage". They tried to get everyone up on top deck and dance. Dancing and holding drinks - some beverages did spill but no one was drunk on our excursion.
Old October 16th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Boomer- just got my excursion book- it says you tour the factory, get a sample & then go to 2 local pubs. At each of the pubs you get one drink, either a rum drrink, local beer or soda pop- & of course you can buy more or buy bottles of rum at the factory.

Say, when do you sail? If you've already posted, I missed it
Happy sailing- web.
Old October 17th, 2000, 11:05 AM
Yeoman

Hi:

Thanls for the reply.

We sail on Nov 17th on the Dawn out of PR. I am ready to party!
Bob
Old October 17th, 2000, 06:50 PM
Mailman055

I have done the rum tour and I enjoyed it very much. Mount Gay rum is very good and it is the only rum I have drank since. The historical information was pretty good althought the "pubs" were not much more than two bars spread thoughout the town. Perhaps is was the company that we met and hung out with that made things more enjoyable.
I recently returned from the Dawn Princess doing the Mexican Riviera and we did a catamaran snorkling trip that was a blast. The crew was good, the music cool and the drinks were bottemless and cold. We saw people getting off of a similar excursion in St. Maarten and they seemed to have had a blast.

Bottem line.....if you want to drink and party, go on the Jolly Rodger. If you want to go on a slower pace, educational tour go on the Rum Tour.