Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2000, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Default Airline Tickets

I have booked 20 of us on the Sea Princess in March. My question is, when do you find out what flight you will be on? Someone said you don't find out until 2 weeks befor the cruise. We paid extra so we can fly as a group. My travel agent faxed our choice of flights to princess, we are in California and have asked for the red eye flight the night before the cruise, if we do not take the red eye we will not get into Fort Lauderdale until 5:15 pm. From everything I have read you can board the ship around 12:30. Any info would be helpfull.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2000, 11:36 PM
SmithF

Default RE: Airline Tickets

If you paid for Seabird Air Gold, then you should know as soon as your TA confirms your flight selections. However, normally Princess confirms air arrangements 30 days prior to sailing.

SmithF
Old October 13th, 2000, 02:46 PM
JMG

Hi Tammy,

At exactly 210 days from our embarkation, I called my travel agent with the dates, airline and flight numbers that we wanted. While I was on the phone, the TA called Princess, found out that the flights were available and that the flights would not cost more than the scheduled princess fare plus the $35 deviation fee. I asked when I could book seats and they said within an hour. I called the airline within an hour and Princess had already booked our seats for us.
We usually do our own air but this trip is out of San Juan and this year, the Princess air was less expensive than anything I could get on my own. We did not want to wait around since the non stop flights could sell out.

Princess will not do air deviations until you reach the 210 - 45 day window prior to departure. Your cruise is within this time frame so your TA should have gotten a confirmation. Actually booking seats will depend on the airline policy. Have your TA call Princess Seabird Gold and confirm that they received fax and that ALL 20 of you are confirmed. You should get an immediate confirmation.
(The 2 week notice is for passengers that book air but do not do the air deviation.They receive flight information with their documents.)
Old October 14th, 2000, 04:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our cruise is not until next June and our travel agent got our airline schedule and we have already gotten the assigned seats we wanted, everything confirmed. There was a deviation fee but was worth it to know exactly what airline and what accomodations we have. Lot'sof luck and have a grand trip. Helen
Old October 18th, 2000, 05:30 PM
Beckie

Once we booked w/air deviation, we had our flight numbers and arrival times the following day. Our airport was undergoing HEAVY construction and with traffic patterns and lack of parking there and being the heaviest travel week of the year (we leave the Sat. after US Thanksgiving), we needed to make parking reservations and reservations at the airport hotel ASAP. Couple that with the legs of the trip our t/a told us we'd probably do from her past experience w/Princess (she said Princess likes American and Delta. American doesn't fly from Hartford (CT) to Ft. Lauderdale at all. The Delta direct flights fill up fast, so we were looking at traveling all day and just making the ship by 4 if all flights went on time.) and we decided that the $35 deviation fee was worth it.
The construction was not supposed to be done until the spring 2001. However, I work for a newspaper here and we got a press invite for the grand opening---it was finished 6 mo. ahead of schedule! Still glad we did the deviation. Now we leave at 9 a.m. and get into FLL at 12:30...plenty of time, even if we're delayed. Let's just hope the weather's good.
Old October 20th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Passenger

Thank you everyone for the info. My travel agent tells me that are seats are on hold for the flight we wanted.